Repeatedly camped, then i was astonished. wow

No respite from super strong PvE gear in PvP … Ion said in his 8.2 release intro that it is working as intended … they want everyone to do both PvP and PvE

2 Likes

I think either method (pve or pvp) should have an avenue for gearing up based on your progression.

Example: LFR = 1500 rating = 370 ilvl, Normal = 1800 rating = 385 ilvl, Heroic = 2000 rating = 400 ilvl, Mythic = 2300 rating = 415 ilvl. Just need pvp vendors back so you spend your 500 cp on the ilvl associated with your rating.

People should have to get rating for gear though. back in BC you needed 2200 or 2300 for shoulders IIRC.

I don’t disagree with your point on the ilvl being equivalent for pvp and pve. I just don’t like having grind out pve content to be competitive in high end arena play. My pvp items should be stronger in an pvp situation them my pve items and vice versa.

0-1499 LFR
1500-1799 Normal
1800-1999 Heroic
2000+ Mythic
It still requires high rating to get the shoulder’s and helm.

Thats another issue i can’t stand the playstyle of arenas. Being locked in a small box against on mostly the same maps as before my same argument about farming bgs some old stale content. 2s is unbalanced and broken to even get rating in. Finding a 3s team that will tough it out and grind rating is also not fun because nowsdays if you lose a match no matter how close it is one of your team mates Ragequit

You can also do RBGs for rating.

But if you don’t want to do PVE, don’t want to rated arenas, and don’t want to do RBGs, you shouldn’t get top tier gear. You have to put effort into some type of grind if you want gear progression. I’m glad it works that way TBH.

People who only do casual content shouldn’t have the same ilvl as those pushing higher end content (pve or pvp). Want the rewards, then you have to put in the effort.

Not everyone can devote that sorta time to wow
Maybe 10 years ago when i was still in school but i have a life outside wow now lol.

Most people in my generation do. Besides the tons of unemployed or children that play this game.

One reason i may not get to hard core into classic because i remember the time sink required to do things and i dont have 13 to 14 hours a day to spend grinding honor to get up to grand marshall / high warlord.

I’m not sure I agree entirely. Back in Vanilla you could get great gear from grinding honor levels (pvp), or you could get great gear from pushing raid content. AQ and Naxx more so, BWL and MC much less. I like both pve and pvp, and not having to grind 2 sets of gear is preferable to me personally.

When BC introduced Resilience you had to use pvp gear, otherwise you’d be too squishy. The problem was the resilience gimped all of your stats otherwise (vs a comparable piece of pve gear). Some people prefer that style of gearing, but I didn’t. Now I change a few pieces for pvp, but not literally every slot because it has resilience.

The issue with this season is there are a few of obviously broken trinkets from BOD, and a couple of pieces from COS that drastically increase livelord status for those that have it. I don’t like mandatory items such as those to remain competitive, but I have no problem with people using a 2h from mythic champs vs a 2H earned in pvp.

Gearing has never required less time. One mythic 10 per week is less than an hour. My guild casually raids mythic 2 nights per week, roughly 5-6 hours total.

How many hours have you spent running around the world with Cryptids people (camping FPs, WQs, etc)? Why not spend a few of those hours doing RBGs to get rating?

Classic is the most grindy the game has ever been. Not recommended for people with limited game time.

I don’t like your numbers Perci. Mythic raiding is the highest form of pve content. 2k rating is FAR lower than the highest end of pvp content. You shouldn’t get the best pvp gear for being several hundred rating below Gladiators. I think my suggested numbers are more aligned with the respective content difficulty.

I may start doing rbgs again. The last time i pushed rating in those it was stressful and annoying.

Idk about yall but i dont like a game giving me more stress than irl

1 Like

That’s the grind. PVE can be stressful and annoying as well. The point is, with the challenge comes the reward. We shouldn’t be able to faceroll our way to the best items in the game (pve or pvp). Casual content should reward casual gear. Challenging content should reward better gear.

Agreed wholeheartedly. I play the game for fun. Don’t do anything that isn’t fun for you IMO. Just don’t expect to be given the same type of rewards as those that face those challenges though.

2 Likes

Well when i beat pve heros because they op gear but lack any type of pvp skill still feels good to me.
Im 379 now and ive been stomping 410 people because whatever class i play i do adequate research on

2 Likes

Well, plenty of people are bad at pvp in general (geared or otherwise). Having gear doesn’t make you good at pvp.

I do recall flying into Aroms’ Stand on my monk and seeing “HELP” in /1 when a certain rogue faction changed to Alliance not too long ago (before transferring back to horde, than alliance again). When I rode to the Az quest, I was expecting to see a zerg. Instead I saw a female human rogue losing a 1v1 to an UD rogue. I didn’t respect the 1v1, and saved the human rogue though… :wink:

1 Like

Also Nomak if you think the horde don’t zerg your tripping.
The horde Communty Inc and all of their allies, ISR, TE Syndicate they all zerg.

When i was over there i saw them form multiple raid groups go around wiping 1 to 2 players

I can do as a please i pay for it =]

Who said I think that? I have stated countless times that I have been zergd on either faction. I know both sides zerg. In fact, I have said on multiple occasions that everything Faction A cried about, Faction B also cries about.

“Horde/Alliance can only kill me 5v1”.

“Looks like all the horde/alliance are out of school today.”

“Horde/Alliance players are so bad at pvp.”

I don’t care what faction it is. I have no respect for the giant zerg groups that roll in raids.

1 Like

Well as I’ve stated before i try to keep my groups small scale but if the horde show up in force i do the same.

Preferably i would gank with a group of 5

I wasn’t calling you out for faction changing. I was calling you out because you just made a post about stomping 410 people at 379 ilvl, and I saw you screaming for help in /1 because you were losing a 1v1 vs another rogue in Drustvar.