Repeatedly camped, then i was astonished. wow

The 2 ppl you have called out Alphon and Nomak are extremely good at PvP, literally top tier. :joy:

1 Like

You assume we are bad at pvp because we engage in large scale fights against horde groups.

But you fail to see we fight small scale fights to and win. If we win a 10v10 are we bad because there 10 players?

Does 40v40 make us zerg guild?
Because last time i checked 40v40 was an even fight.

Ive fought in large scale fights bigger than that. Its not our fault that the game can’t handle it.

Im afraid to see what happens in ashran next patch because thats going to be our focus.

I don’t assume everyone in Cryptids is bad at pvp. I base my statements on my encounters against and alongside the group in various encounters (BGs and world).

I’m sure there are plenty of good pvp’ers in CL, and RUIN. However, there are far more that are complete :dog::poop: at pvp, and trash talk like they’re pros for some reason.

I run my mouth because I roll solo on 4 different classes, and do pretty well. Most people in zerg groups know they only have success in groups, which is why that situation appeals to them.

Let’s assume for a moment the OP really had this experience, and this wasn’t a thinly veiled recruitment post. It’s obvious the person isn’t an avid pvp’er, and probably isn’t very good. Along comes this large raid of CL to save the day, and he/she wants to be part of that.

Now, compare that to people like Thousandfold, Perci, Heretic, Oozo, Dosao, and other forum regulars. People that love pvp for the sake of it, and are good at it. People that can win fights alone, or even when outnumbered in small group skirmishes. People that don’t feel the need to roll in raids whenever they leave guarded areas.

Does CL/RUIN have these type of people? I’m sure they do. But I’m willing to bet that the vast majority are :poop:'ers that need the numbers.

Maybe i should start coming to your little dueling tournaments to prove it lol.

But im done going back and forth with you. This forum is becoming as toxic as twitter.

If you choose to solo good for you. This is an mmorpg tho so.

Furthermoore you have this conspiracy theory that this random person is trying to recruit for CL. We arent desperate for members its cute that you have thos hatred for us tho. Sorry that we offend you almighty paladin.

That’s Perci’s and Heretic’s community. I’m sure he’d invite you if you are interested.

I didn’t accuse you of being bad at pvp BTW. My only experience with you is the aforementioned Drustvar event.

Toxic? Really man? I’m not attacking you in any way. We are having a discussion about WPVP on the WPVP forums. You like being part of a large group, and I don’t like large groups. I’m not attacking you as a person whatsoever. We simply disagree on the merits of raid style pvp is all.

I hardly see that as being toxic.

Its funny when people bring up the 1v1 brah im better than you scenario.

Congratulations your good at a video game.
Want a cookie? Literally no one cares how good you can 1v1 brah.

If this game was balanced around 1v1s at all then there would be a rated bracket for it.

Your probably one of the people that gets ganked constantly by big groups of horde or alliance
Sorry you had that experience its happened in world pvp since 2004 if you haven’t figured that out by now idk what to tell you.

Dude, you need to take a breath and collect yourself. You’re getting super tilted over a civil discussion about large pvp communities. Because I don’t support something you do, it doesn’t mean we are fighting about it. That’s how disagreements and discussions work. We can’t expect people to agree with all of our decisions. We should also be able to have a civil discussion, as we both have interacted plenty in the past.

I find it interesting that you’re so pro CL now that you’re Alliance again. How many posts have you made in the past trash talking them when you were horde? Is this one of those “I can beat up my little brother, but you can’t” situations?

1 Like

How about “it’s not fun” as an excuse?

Have you read the arena forums, Nomak? Many of those people are absolutely miserable. They hate arena, they are only doing for the elitist status they think it gives them.

And it’s not just this expansion (pve gear), it’s every expansion. Just a bunch of griping about the game and trying to tear down other people. The place is just a cesspool of negativity. That’s what happens when you have a bunch of people being forced to do something they aren’t enjoying.

2 Likes

Thank you! 100% agreed

What i do is my business. If you were my friend i would tell you more about that situation but your some know it all dork that is forcing his unfactuable opinions down everyones throat.

Probably gonna get suspended once he reports me for saying dork but whatever.

Yeah, I read the arena forums daily too. I don’t post there much since I don’t do rated.

The arena community is miserable for sure. They were miserable in s1 before mythic BOD and Crucible gear were introduced though. That forum is about as toxic as it gets in WoW. It’s not very inviting to new or returning players, yet they wonder why the community is dwindling.

1 Like

I’m not going to report you because I’m not a child, nor am I upset about our little back and forth. You’re the one who has escalated to insults and taunts for some reason.

Based on your previous posts about quitting and the toxic community, I’ve tried to keep it civil with you. I have no problems with you man. It appears you can’t handle someone disagreeing with you though.

More specifcally i dont like dealing with someone who forces their opinion on people. And you do exactly that deny it all you want i dont care anymore lol.

I want to be clear; you’re sharing your opinion, and I’m forcing my opinion? Quoting myself here:

No, it was most likely alliance alts for the horde who were camping him/her. They probably got bored with slaughtering alliance, went on their alliance alts to give the horde camping the alliance corpses something to do.

That is a large part of it. A lot of people who stick to numbers (zergs) are doing it for protection because they have had bad experiences when caught in a fight alone or with just a few people.

Most won’t break out of that mindset. It’s not easy to break out of that mindset. You are going to take losses when you are on your own, especially if you are just starting out. Nobody has immediate success. You take your losses and you learn from them.

Over time you get better and you gain enough experience to know how to handle different situations that are thrown at you (of course, there will still be many fights that are unwinnable).

Dying in fights that are unwinnable means nothing to me. The only ones that sting are the deaths where the fight was winnable. But, as long as you are winning most of those it’s fun and rewarding.

Problem is a lot of people just don’t have that mindset. They don’t want to take the losses and use them to improve. It’s just much easier to try to tilt the field so far in their favor that they think there is no chance of losing. They want to “win” but without having the actual risk of losing.

I’m kind of an expert on zerg mentality. I’ve studied zerglings in the field over many many years in many many games. But, you become an expert on zerg mentality from playing GW2 where a group of five players working together can actually kill 20+ zerglings. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I used to freeze solid when another player attacked me till one day I joined a zerg group and had some easy kills . I then realized ya this could be fun but quickly tired of big groups . So ya zerg groups are fun and useful for getting ppl into PvP with no pressure but atleast for me I don’t enjoy it anymore .

But as I say do whatever you want to get the enjoyment out of your 15 bucks .

2 Likes

I think nearly everyone goes through this phase. Some break out of it relatively quickly but some never really break out of it.

I never really went through that phase myself because my first pvp was in Meridian 59 where there weren’t enough people to call anything a zerg (hell, that might have even been before Starcraft came out). :stuck_out_tongue:

Everything was small scale (1v1s, small group).

edit: I guess what I am saying is that no one should really be ashamed of running with a large group when they are starting out. It’s a good way for people who never really pvpd before to transition into pvp.

But, at some point you should try to break out of doing nothing but large groups and challenge yourself.