Renown Ban Wave?

thats insane. all i did was every quest in the xpac and did my wq’s each day. how is that even possible that it is to high? i did nothing out of the ordinary or repeat. just went through to 80 and started leveling alts. blizzard really got to get their act together with this. this is crazy.

4 Likes

Then submit an appeal for each of your suspended accounts.

5 Likes

yes i just did. i hope they can see that there was no exploiting on my part. if i was getting more than i should of due to dual boxing alts then roll me back. but at least look at my account to see that i did not repeat anything exploitatively. i just leveled my toons through and done. and they can see that.

also, did you farm spider in the cave for the mount?

2 Likes

If OP doesn’t know why they were banned, that’s an assumption - and it’s dangerous to be tossing around information that has not been vetted. Just because person A got sanctioned for one thing, does not mean person B got hit by the same issue. There have been some people getting hit due to an add-on that does things it shouldn’t do. So not all sanctions are the same.

OP, you just need to put an appeal in. Perhaps one of our SFAs will pop into the thread and at least give you the broad catagory. Good luck to you.

12 Likes

no not the spider but i actually got all the mounts within the 1st week. bee and the shardsx10 etc… but all as intended. i got the bee mount from being in a 5man group killing bees.

No one here knows why you were suspended. The email they sent out should narrow it down some. The advise to appeal is the correct answer. You can appeal until they say no more and then that is that.

A Blue SFA may come along and provide some more details, but maybe not as well. They will also tell you to appeal.

Good luck.

4 Likes

i think you had farmed spiders at some degree, otherwise there is no way you get the mount without farming, but the main reason you get banned is your thread reputation, because the rep is warbandwise, so all the sub account you have is involved.

1 Like

the threads is all i can see because i am 21. but i didnt do anything out of the ordinary. i dual boxed 2 toons to 80. then i just on another 2 and dual boxed them to 80.

i have 6 accounts, only 2 of my accounts got the war within. 1 has been unsubbed for over a year and the other 3 only got dragonflight. so i dont understand.

and no farming spiders. the only mobs i farmed were the bees and slimes to get my pollen. for seisbarg i farmed the elite mobs in ahn’kahet.

Timing seems about right.

10 Likes

it doesnt matter one or more of your sub account is not tww enable, they all share the same reputation.

1 Like

Thanks Ekon. Looks like a ban wave. So maybe we did figure it out.

(Forgot to mention, my account was NOT suspended, so I’m not talking about that, these are just my speculations.)

I don’t consider myself a hardcore player when it comes to content. My hardcore raiding days are over, and these days I’m rather casual when it comes to content. But I play a LOT. I have chronic health issues and can’t do a lot of physical activity, so I’m on the computer most of the time. I had TWW early access. And while I haven’t grinded world quests or anything, I completed every quest on my main, and then levelled an alt. And my Severed Threads reknown is at 9. I could see 10 or maybe 12 if I grinded world quests or something. But yeah…I don’t know how people were getting to 17-20 without an exploit of some kind.

This had to be an intentional exploit, knowledge of which was passed around and people took advantage of it. I seriously doubt it could be something people did accidentally. People like to use the meme “exploit early, exploit often”, but it does have consequences. I am not familiar with the exploit in question here, as I avoid such things. I took my time levelling my first toon to experience the story (having successfully avoided spoilers).

3 Likes

I’m curious what the arbitrary renown level Blizzard decided to take action against is. It’s not 14 because I have that. I’ve seen report of people as low as 17 receive suspensions. So is it 15? 16?

Seems like anyone who had two accounts and leveled 2 characters doing all the quests ended up getting more renown than intended regardless of if they exploited or not.

That’s a real lazy way to handle this.

3 Likes

i am just reading the article that Ekon linked. i see now how i got caught in the cross hairs. i had no idea about this until now. but i see how i got so high. i dual boxed 2 of toons to 80 and then i jumped on 2 more alts and dual boxed them to 80. so i can see how i got my renowned so high.

but as for intentional, that is something i did not do intentionally. but at least i can see what the reason is.

I doubt they’re basing it on reknown alone. They are looking for actions taken regarding a certain exploit, which is apparently known but I’m not familiar with the particulars of it.

Everything you do in game is recorded, it’s the ultimate surveillance state.

3 Likes

Not sure if I should post any info on it, but since punishments are going out, I kinda assume they’ve patched it.

But without getting into the details, players found a way to get rep from certain quests multiple times. So basically, when you see “This quest comes with a one-time Warband reputation bonus”, players were able to get it multiple times.

1 Like

Doubt it. The people who would intentionally exploit this bug would do so to actually gain benefits from it. And the only material benefit would be the Enchanted Runed Harbinger Crest you get from renown 24.

Ok I just found a post that reported a bug. Where apparently dual boxing you could “double dip” on awards that are supposed to be once per battle.net account. Not 100% sure that’s what happened here but it’s possible.

The reknown rep reward tokens specifically say “once per warband”, apparently people were dual boxing and timing the turnins so they could get the reward twice.’

That is my speculation based on the limited info I’ve seen.

5 Likes

yes in my case specifically i think that is what happened to me. so by dual boxing my toons up to 80 i must of been getting extra renowned on my 2nd toon. but for me i did not know. i have no benefit for that renowned as i dont mythic raid, nor am i in a guild.

but its all good. i understand where blizzard is coming from. i just wish they could have something in place to see the difference in people that were intentionally and players like myself that just blazed through to 80 and left it.

1 Like