Rename Void Elves and expand their lore

Literally years of forum wars on this subject. It’s pretty ridiculous when you stop to think about it. No other potential playable race has caused anywhere near the drama High Elves have.

1 Like

they aren’t, since their racials will be different and i assume, the minimal difference between their hairstryles and trinkets, the only thing that they will share now is 3 skin colors

not already, it will be when it will have in both factions all the races, and lets not get into that rabbit hole

it is enough now, more than people should get, let not push the boundaries until they rip the game just because some people can’t leave it be

1 Like

You know what’s funny? I would bet you, cold hard cash that if back in the day Blood elves or High elves, whatever were announced as Alliance there would be no where NEAR the amount of drama.

I really do not see the name changing, much like Warrior, Hunters, and sometimes Spriests turn into Rogues.

The Ren’dorei are made of Exiled Blood Elves and recruited High Elves, they also do not rely off the Sunwell to Sustain themselves.

I agree. Blizzard gave us 90% of what they wanted, but it still isn’t good enough. Now they are trying to dismantle Void Elves. It’s really unfortunate.

1 Like

Yea, hair styles and colors are the big unknown here. In terms of racials, the differences are obvious. They are still Void Elves, it is just the “High Elf” visual that is throwing the monkey wrench in the works now in terms of aesthetic identity.

If the Void Elves inherit any of the Blood Elf hair styles, that would be interesting. But its just conjecture until we see anything in the alpha. The 9th will hopefully deploy a major build that includes these new options to start exploring.

That said, players are entirely in their right to request features just as well as they are to voice their opposition to ideas. I appreciate that you stopped to share your thoughts with me. Thank you!

Then I will fight that every step of the way. You got the appearance. You got the lore of High Elves joining the Ren’dorei. You got every reasonable class option with the exception of paladin. Why isn’t that good enough? Why try to dismantle Void Elves?

3 Likes

When Void Elves were announced, the helfers complained that they weren’t originally High Elves. Now some of them are, and it still isn’t good enough. I find it to be quite off putting.

3 Likes

what blizzard said in their post is that void elves would get some of the blood elf fair skin colors, nothing more, and like i said, more than enough

they already got their skin colors, getting also their hairstyles is not fair when blood elves are getting nothing from void elves

and again, they having different hairstyles, hair colors and trinkets as well some class options, is the minimal amount of difference they at least should have to keep then separated

If you do not but truly believe that a lot of Belf identity is embedded in their Blood Knight culture, then I’m not going to sit here and debate it with you, but I will say that you’re wrong.

1 Like

You may want to re-read the announcement… it’s not just the new skins… it’s all of the skins…

i didn’t read they saying they would get all the blood elf skin colors, that is completely obnoxious

what they show in the post were 3 colors only

there is nothing saying about hairstyles or hair colors

Ya’ slanted eyed tree mongrel! Why should I listen to a pointy-eared leaf muncher?! Yer father had no beard and yer mother was an orc!

I would support Blood Elves getting Void Elf hairstyles, minus the tentacles of course.

1 Like

As it says here:

Void Elves will inherit the skin color options that are on blood elves… also, the colors shown are different between the two races…

I don’t think they should re-name the VE as a whole as it would create an even more identity crisis for the race. But, having Vereesa and the Silver Covenant come together and form a pact with Alleria and her Ren’dorei could work, which would explain why we can inherit our previous form. Maybe implement it with an in-game event by having both sisters re-form their bond and share forces. All this is just my opinion, but hey w.e works for people then do it.

2 Likes

High elves are literally seen walking through the portal from stormwynd to the void to join the void elves. I am sure some of those elves coming through the portal to join the ranks are already paladins. Those new elves joining the void represent players joining the void elf Ranks. So it makes perfect sense for void elves to be paladins since they are literally high of joining the void.

1 Like

High elves. Enjoy your ren’dorei.

1 Like

Blood Elves don’t need to defect to the Alliance to allow for Paladins. High Elves that aren’t Void Corrupted already exist within the Alliance and have for a all of WoW’s lifetime.

On another note: I don’t understand how adding regular hair colors and hair styles to the Void Elves hurts their identity? They’ve already added a good portion of the High Elf aesthetic to them in the form of skin tones and eye color. But beyond that the Void Elves don’t really have an identity. They came out of nowhere and were the first compromise for High Elves which failed. As others have pointed out they didn’t really get story development in the expansion that featured Old God themes. There’s not really an identity there to be stolen.

Adding High Elf aesthetics or even alternative racials to them to fit that aesthetic doesn’t “steal” anything from Void Elves. Or even for the option to tag your character as a “High Elf” rather than a Void Elf. It’s not like people are asking to remove the Void Elf hair or skin tones.

I personally don’t think you care anything about void elf lore, and I’m judging this from all of the posts I’ve seen from you in this thread.

If you were a void elf fan you would at least understand the fact that they are a new race with terrible and conflicting lore that needs to be addressed if they’re going to be taken seriously. Why defend it? It’s bad.