Rename Void Elves and expand their lore

So like I said they have 1 giant footstep in the door to making High Elves already through Void Elves. I know that isn’t ideal for some people but that’s the case. They have the skin tones and now they have the eye options. For all we know they could have more that we haven’t even seen yet. At that point what’s stopping them exactly? You add a few more simple things like Hair/hair color and tattoos and you have it in all but name. The racials essentially can stay the same but with the option to change them from Void to Arcane. With all the customization we’re getting there could even be an option to tag your character as a “High Elf” rather than a Void Elf.

I think it’s more likely blizzard will go down this route rather than making a new race all together. They have to know what they’re doing with this.

Isn’t repeating your posts with the same replies spam bud?

I at least put my post reply in different threads and avoid using it more then once in a thread.

If you want to expand Lightforging to other races, that’s fine, but it doesn’t really belong in this thread. Good luck with your requests though.

It is, if it involves HE’s since you guys wants to rename void elves, I instead suggest that. This way you guys can’t take away more from VE and have an alternative way to rp with a “HE”

Luckily I was not drinking coffee as I read your post this time. :rofl:

1 Like

No… no it isn’t… and if you want to attach a class to race identity… then well… a lot of Void Elf identity is Shadow Priest… so if Blood Elves can be Shadow Priests than that’s stepping on Void Elf identity… so perhaps they should remove the Priest class from Blood Elves to preserve Void Elf identity if Paladin is so integrally ground into Blood Elf identity…

Note: I’m not seriously suggesting removing Priest from Blood Elves, i’m just pointing out how rediculous the claims of paladin being integral to their identity thus can’t be allowed for Void Elves on that grounds is…

I certainly do not want to rename them.

1 Like

I know you don’t. And I am glad as well. They are asking too much with the threads request.

1 Like

Really. I just started rolling my eyes at some of the request. Blizzard isn’t going to start changing the void elf race. There’s just been more added for some more unique rp /aesthetic choices.

I think if blizzard had wanted to turn Ves into Hes, they would had just made Hes the AR in the first place. This is more of a compromise, and a way to earn some good will (since they technically didn’t have to give anything), imo.

3 Likes

Give them an inch and they take 500 miles.

1 Like

Could we remove diaper gnomes instead?

I cant imagine what it’s like for people to be so obsessed with high elves that they have to pressure Blizzard more and more to have what they want in the game.

Blizz gives them the skin customizations so they can role play high elves, then there’s this.

More to come, I’m sure.

The Helfers just can’t understand that if Blizzard gave them the exact High Elves they have been clamoring for, it would be doing a huge disservice to the Blood Elf fans who are truly the High Elves of Warcraft. The High Elf culture, kingdom and lore belongs to the Blood Elves. “Alliance High Elves” are a very small splinter of that culture, and it is the same culture. Alliance are really asking for playable Blood Elves with Blood elf racials, jokes, appearance, and story but just “slightly different and less evil.” Nothing short of that will suffice. No amount of customization options will fix it because VoId ElVeS aReNt HiGh ElVeS.

But they don’t think about that because it is just about fulfilling the “I WANT!” fantasy of an overpowered Alliance.

3 Likes

I had a post that responded to your other post, but it was hours ago so I’m rewriting. I do appreciate your enthusiasm and positivity and of course I am very excited for the customization options and to at least be able to have the appearance of a high elf. With that being said, the best thing we can do is to roll with it and see how things go, I do believe that these discussions on the further “cleansing” of void elves will not stop until the full high elf fantasy is received, but at least the appearance is there.

Also, I race changed from a gnome, I have no idea why the forums have so much trouble updating but it’ll probably take about 2-3 months -_-.

2 Likes

Personally, I’d like to set up a sign that says “this way for blue eyes” and have it point down into a bottomless pit.

1 Like

EDIT: I just need to shut up.

Honestly, the most practical decision at this point is a fairly simple one.

Allow Blood Elves to defect to the Alliance. Boom. Problem solved.

You get paladins, blue eyes, and for all intents and purposes, a complete High Elf solution.

There is plenty of discord to allow for this given that their ranks are already split between sympathizers and Horde loyalists.

In fact, it would make the Void Elf changes moot.

Of course, the Horde would suddenly be short a devoted race of their own. To that end I could only imagine allowing a core Alliance race to defect as well.

The only race I can see possibly doing this would be Dwarves who don’t like Moira and Anduin.

Sure why not, Blood elves can leave to join the Alliance.
You can take Nightborne too.

It doesn’t matter what happens to the Horde.

and allow humans to defect to the horde

and other races

and game goes to the dumpster

Seems like you guys rly don’t like to use the head in the right way, the most practical decision, and it should be the final one, was already done, be content that people get more of what they should even get.

3 Likes

Oh, I am very happy with the current solution. Of course, like many, I’d love to have Paladins too. But Blizzard has done more than I had considered as is.

For all intents and purposes, Blood Elves may as well be a neutral race now. Void Elves are going to look almost entirely identical to Blood Elves in fair skin. So I suppose the game has already gone into the dumpster fire, given your perspective? Or maybe not? I’d be interested to know how you feel about this change.

As one of the Horde’s core races now has a twin on the Alliance outside the Pandaren.