Rename Void Elves and expand their lore

There would need to be work done behind the scenes, but it shouldn’t be too hard to have the Void Elves represent ALL High Elves loyal to the Alliance:

• Void Elves
  • Blood Elf defectors
  • Silver Covenant
  • High Elf Rangers

Alleria would be the official leader and would use the name “High Elves” out of respect for those who do not wish to study the Void but still rally under her banner. There would still be Void Elves, just as there would still be the Silver Covenant, but both groups would be members of the High Elf race.

Death Knights and Demon Hunters prove you can have different aesthetic options based on class, so it should be possible to make it so that Paladins cannot be blueberries or have Void hair. You could even add tattoo options for Hunters and Monks and a different starting pet for Hunters who use choose non-void skin tones and hair.

The only other issue would be the passives. Specifically Entropic Embrace. It too would need to change based on class, and, in the case of Priests, spec. Paladins and Holy Priests could instead have “Light’s Embrace” or “Sun’s Embrace” ability that has a golden glow. For Mages it could be “Arcane Embrace” and for Hunters and Monks, “Living Embrace”. Each different racial would work exactly the same mechanically, but just have a more thematic name and visuals.

Spatial Rift is fine imo. It can be a simple ability that Alleria can teach all High Elves and doesn’t turn Holy Priests into giant blueberries.

Anyway, it would be a little more sensible to see “High Elf” on the description of a non-void Holy Priest than the contradictory “Void Elf” label. It would also inherently allow any high elf player to RP their character as ANY Alliance-aligned Thalassian.

[Edit: Forgot to add, while the Void Elf Heritage armour and mount would have to remain the same, there could also be Silver Covenant and High Elf Ranger sets and mounts added to a Void Elf quartermaster in SW. Purchasing them could require the Void Elf Heritage Armor achievement.

Horde has been getting the better end of the AR deal for a while now, so even as a Horde main, I’d have no problem giving the Alliance such a boon.

69 Likes

wdym? all their racial traits are consistently weak compared to what we get. And Kultiran even get a whole new rig.

they did not even get requested races like sethrak or gil goblins

I mean we are mixing two different races with each other.

The whole idea is limiting and honestly the worst case scenario for the High elf request.

11 Likes

You do realise that’s already been done, right? Void Elves can now access Blood Elf skin tones and blue eyes.

1 Like

Just someone else unwilling to accept the perfection of the Mecha form. If only I didn’t have to rep with Mechagon I’d have one too.

6 Likes

No offense, but I’m literally addressing that in my post, pay attention please.

which takes away from high elves and blood elves and even void elves themselves.

void elves already have blue eyes.

Blood elves get a form of them “that are not even like actual helf eyes”.

We gave void elves something for literally no reason, they were entitled to nothing.

13 Likes

It’s just a modification of the Pandaren rig

Give em an inch, and they’ll take a mile.

73 Likes

No.

I’m pretty sure it’s a new rig.

I’ve only heard of females using the stormwind human rig but heavily modified with unique animations.

9 Likes

I love it, fantastic idea. And it would keep everyone happy (well except for the anti-high elf haters, but their condition of happyness is for us to be unhappy, they function puerly on spite). That said, it is also asking for a LOT of work, and in an ideal world it would be perfect, but realistically its just not going to happen.

10 Likes

I personally think they should just be called thalassians or something if Blizzard did do this. That way they could still start off in the Void Elf starting area, have the pets and all that stuff but still be whatever the player wants them to be.

I really like this idea though.

5 Likes

No. Good lord, the skin tones are nothing but a band aid to appease the high elf crowd. You don’t get to get paladins on top of it. Why can we not just take a gift and be happy with it? Why do we need to make 20 flippin’ threads about it?

52 Likes

Because

Never fails

8 Likes

This is getting a bit ridiculous.

32 Likes

Give a mouse a cookie.

9 Likes

Wow.

Really? I think I’ll have a break from the Forums for a while.

The irony is, this is a very spiteful comment.

27 Likes

I swear I’ve seen phrases like this more than I’ve seen people asking for Void Elf paladins. Blizzard hasn’t said what they’re doing with Void Elves yet, so people are just letting them know what we’d potentially want from it. Stop acting like we’re asking for too much, lol.

5 Likes

Void Elf paladin makes 0 sense. I hope that someone at Blizzard still has enough brain cells to question whether or not they want Elves exploding all over Azeroth from the opposing forces in their bodies.

16 Likes

They don’t right now, but who knows what’s coming with their customization updates? Blizzard could be doing something, and since we don’t exactly know what’s going on, I don’t see the harm in people asking for this.

3 Likes

OP, I love the work you put into this post. However, I don’t think these are feasible ideas; at least not in the near future. Void Elves gaining some extra customization options will satisfy the High Elf quench for now, but all of the things you’re asking for would take time and energy that can be put into other areas of Shadowlands for a quicker release.

Additionally, Horde would likely have to receive a fair counterpart to your requests, and I don’t think Blizzard has the flexibility at this point and time to provide various different versions of a single race of elf on the Alliance, just to provide equal versions of a race on the Horde.

2 Likes

You are asking for too much. You get skins and eyes and you want full on new races and an absolutely impossible lore class that only works if they are not void elves.

18 Likes