Removing Wrath Servers is a mistake!

Wouldn’t call 8m (or 10m how you want to see it) a crapshow. Financially it was doing pretty well

Personal preferences, nothing to do with taking someone hostage. Plenty of people didn’t like what most people refer to “the original trilogy”. Some people didn’t like Wrath either, they think TBC or Vanilla are the greatest games. For me, Cata is the first expansion that started rolling the game.

Legion is a bit too grindy, MoP is the perfect sweet spot for me.

1 Like

If there is demand for it, I think SoD could go to WoTLK.

Their reasoning is “it’s a Cata server, so you should play Cata content,” to the point where TBC and Wrath dungeons are outright locked in Dungeon Finder.

That’s a dumb argument, and Blizz is wrong about that.

That was their justification when they added the 60 Boost to TBC: ‘The game starts at level 60.’

When I saw that in Blue text I knew they had no clue what the true spirit of the old game was.

The way sod is designed it makes no sense in Wrath.
IF at all it would be a new season.

That has been the trend since Cata, indeed.
Which I mean, lets be real, if you’re playing Cataclysm your want to play Cataclysm and not nerfed TBC

How many versions of wow do you think Blizzard wants to run? Because the second they have any permanent server that is not vanilla people will expect every expansion to stay like that.

I think they have made the right choice with this and would bet after MoP ends, which my best guess would be late 2026 or early 2027 you will see classic start over.

2 Likes

Can you doomsayers relax, I’m sure you will get 1 mega server for WOTLK era, it will be very much dead but but at least you will play it, some times.

Fwiw half the reason I’m looking forward to Cata is so I can go back and steamroll TBC dungeons to finish getting the reps done I didn’t get the first time around; my Mage still needs to finish HONOR HOLD, for example.

It will be the biggest blunder of the decade for sure.

Ironic again.

2 Likes

No it won’t.

3 Likes

It will. Like 100 percent it will be. In 2010, we were all forced to go into cataclysm expansion even not all of us liked it while having no permanent wrath classic options to go back to if we wanted. And now, 2024, we are doing the exact same thing again.

Sorry, but that is bloody stupid. But it’s my fault. I bought into classic wow in the first place. If I would have known they weren’t going to give us permanent wrath classic realms later on after classic vanilla got moving. I would have stayed unsubbed. Pretty simple.

But no. I bought into it. And now, I am never getting wrath classic as a permanent option. Great. Should have known that they were going to go 2010 all over again when cata classic came around.

All these identical threads that get necroed and commented on for a few days, die again and re-necroed a month later always has one thing in common. Mktaar

7 Likes

When classic was introduced no one knew if there would be a BC. When classic era failed you should have know there would be no BC era. When there was no BC era you should have know there would be no wrath era. You didn’t buy into anything. You sold yourself on an imaginary idea that you should have known was not going to happen

5 Likes

Honestly you should’ve clued into that when TBC didn’t get any Era servers.

3 Likes

I am just going to start to mute all of them from now on.

They are all the same thing and not one of them says anything different. I don’t really care if they make one or don’t make one but for the love of everyone just make and use 1 thread.

:thread: :mute: :no_bell:

2 Likes

And all the cata tourist have one thing in common, the same usual suspect that come and spill the anti wrath narrative.

Wait till May 30 if you want your cata forums till then, these wrath threads are allowed because this is a WRATH forum and folks have the right to ask for it.

Keep your “you think you do but you don’t” mindset to yourself

4 Likes

I’ll believe no one wants permanent WoTLK just as you lot believe ‘nO oNe WanTs CaTa’

Which is?

1 Like