Remove timers from M+

Removing timer from M+ is equal to removing mechanics from bosses…the whole point is gone.

I’d prefer a way to replace someone.

Says the guy who hasn’t timed above a +6

I will just pop in to say that I think any video game that says “do this content… now with a timer!” as a means to increase difficulty is just lazy game design to me.

I’d much rather difficulty be increased by new mechanics to learn, new things to dodge, new mobs added to packs, etc.

I don’t feel like a smart person by learning the best way to skip the most content in each dungeon. Or the best way to stack the group to make the content go faster. I think its odd to incentivize making the content go faster. Playing the game should be the fun part. Moving through it faster is just a weird design goal to me.

In a dream world a person’s actual skill would matter more than it does now.

2 Likes

I certainly don’t remember this back in wrath. I remember the gathering of mobs but it wasn’t as horrendous as it was today. Wrath was a knee jerk reaction to the difficulty of BC heroics, and then cata heroics was a kneejerk reaction to wrath heroics (lol)

That sounds like a bad idea during tyrannical week…

Goodluck.

I agree.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/bring-back-5mans/56639

Timers are to introduce an element of competition and additional challenge into a key. You are rewarded for completing the key before the timer, and in theory, you don’t HAVE to time the key…only if you care about upgrading it.

The timer doesn’t increase the difficulty.

It levels the playing field as a way to compare all groups who run the dungeon equally.

Last time I checked timer stays the same for all key levels.

hahahaha

If by “levels the playing field” you mean “makes group stack FOTM mongo specs” then yeah…

Make your own group with friends.
You shouldn’t be pugging higher level keys anyways unless you enjoy pain and misery.

You can run your own keys, or run them with your guild or from a community. Mongo stacking is only a problem with pugs.

And running high keys with pugs is abysmal 99% of the time.

1 Like

How is 10m between pulls to lust every pull more impressive then being able to clear a dungeon efficiently while simultaneously dealing with extremely powerful enemies?

You have a point. There are classes and specs I straight up will never take to higher keys. They just suck so bad and blizzard can’t fix it.

Well you must have a poor memory. As I mentioned as well, the “GOGOGOGOGO player” meme started to appear during Wrath (thanks to WoWcrendor).

that is incorrect

nobody cares that you can clear a dungeon by waiting for lust to be off cd for every pull. that’s not impressive.

Blizz added a timer to dungeons 2 expansions before mythic+.

1 Like

Indeed. Wrath heroics were meant to be steamrolled. Everyone got the prot-pally AoE threat treatment. Tank threat and survivability was through the roof. Healing was easymode. DPS was bonkers AoE cleave. The whole expansion was meant to be cleaved down. People lamented that Wrath was too easy by design after the first month and everyone was swimming in badge and Naxx gear.

Then, Cata came out and slowed people down, but by that point - the damage was done. People had become used to the AoE fest and the faceroll specs. They demanded it back and we haven’t looked back since.

challenge modes in MoP were awesome. i can’t imagine how awful the complaints would be if they introduced that again today.

limited time special transmog? that’s not fair to people who can only play 17 seconds per month!

teleports to dungeon entrances? that’s p2w because some people might buy CM carries with gold which can be purchased with real money!

custom title for realm-best times? that’s unfair to those of us who are legally obligated to run all content in pugs!