Remove timer based content from the game

I enjoy M+ just the way it is conceptually. What I dislike is Blizz refusal to balance classes that are either obviously overtuned or under tuned.
Hpal is extremely overtuned atm which is why I have abandoned this toon and went to Mettlelight. Same HPS but 3x the damage output.

Let me be clear, I would much rather Hpal be the base line than turbo nerf them. Cause the Rdruids would be 100% representation at higher key levels and I’m tired of Rdruid being gods at everything. Buff the other healers damage outputs and you will see more classes Blizz…

That’s all I want. I want to be able to get things like conflict and strife from rated pvp, from M+, and also from raids.

Alternate paths to get all items/essences etc would be fantastic.

I’m 99% sure Torghast in Shadowlands will have some sort of timer.

And those forms of content are despised by the community. Release Mechagon got hotfix nerfed twice because people couldn’t handle the dungeon despite being tuned perfectly fine for what it was.

You could literally do release mechagon at like 400 IL since there wasn’t a single “check” in the whole dungeon besides mechanics.

2 Likes

Of course it did. Once I had the gear from dungeons I didn’t step foot inside them again…there was no point. Exceptions being challenge dungeons, which timer.

Except in low keys you have to wipe like 20 times to not make timer in dungeons. We had like 25 deaths or something in the Junkyard 16 I did and still made timer. I did a Waycrest where we wiped to Raal and Triad and we still made timer.

1 Like

That has been happening since Wrath when LFD was added to the game. People don’t want to be in dungeons for forever. Whether it be Detention Block or Heroic Gundrak. People are going to speed through as fast as possible because they are a means to an end.

The irony.

People 4 dps 1 tank in high keys already. Or 5 tank keys.

I was looking up Mistweavers on Raider.io for another thread (checking C&S popularity) and the number 1 mistweaver goes Windwalker for half the dungeons.

Its also very boring and everyone will just do the easiest one.
Which is what you want.

1 Like

Cool. This is quite the achievment.
Soo basically nobody has to care about the timer and composition! Yay!
You ended the thread and now OP can just go to MDI with 5 blood dks.

Not at all what I want. I’d be doing whatever is needed in raids to get my items, no matter how they are obtained via other methods.

Try again.

Once I geared up in vanilla, I was still going to the dungeons, it was just to help other guildies or friends get their gear there too.

1 Like

I mean if you think you can copy the comp and two chest a +20 on arguably one of the worst dungeons to go without a healer, go for it.

Everything being a timer race does have another side effect - it stifles the ability to create different kinds of challenges. When everything becomes a case of scaling up numbers and slapping on a timer, it’s a lazy way to add difficulty that always favours one type of gameplay - pull more, aoe harder.

It also has the side effect that certain classes or specs will simply struggle by design, which is absolutely terrible as a starting point.

1 Like

Id be happy if m+ didnt revolve around timers.

Idc about anywhere else, it just sucks healing timed dungeons and it forces tanks to do all sorts of stupid crap to avoid trash.

M+ is also a terrible design because the trash ends up being harder than bosses a good portion of the time , which is ridiculous.

This was not what I had in mind when they said they were “making dungeon content better” in legion :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hey, are you ruining the fun of this system? because it was the most entertaining thing in doing a dungeon without thinking about the farm.

what is bad is to be in front of elitist and toxic players that we have to endure their whims through toxic websites like Raiderio and Warcraft.log that almost ruins the experience of the game in front of this kind of players who don’t care about anything more than take advantage of vice.

I dont think you’ve run key high enough to experience the 1-shot feeling lol.
It’s frustrating and not enjoyable AT ALL. In fact, Mechagon hard mode was like that once (bunch of 1 shot and no timer) guess what, people run it like at maximun of 5 times till they got the mount and then never touch it again.

Timer is fine, you guys are trying to fix something that aint broken tbh, M+ is literally what make ppl staying to playing the game without being grindy and boring

1 Like

How about this then - keep the timer, make it longer, but deaths penalize it much more. This would effectively result in Nasunaa’s proposed lives system, but dps would still matter a little so youd have some incentive not to stack 5 tanks and slowly bash your way to victory.

You’d have tanks signing up that dont feel like they need to have memorized every route and skip in every dungeon to succeed.

1 Like

Font of power now has 2 options:

Normal - Mythic Plus run with timer.
Timeless - Mythic Plus run with no timer, The gear level is set to one place like in timewalking and you have a limited number of deaths determined per key.

Both equally difficult and worthy of the key up and gear. It would simply be a optional style choice in how you want to get the task done.

That and remove the weekly box, because the system no longer needs people to be baited into it.