Remove the Questing Addons

I want nothing more then the freedom to play the game the way i want. When people start trying to dictate how i should experience the game, when the addons in question effect solely the solo aspect of the game. It really pisses me off, you don’t see me trying to force dbm and weakauras down everyones throat because thats the way i “play” the game.

2 Likes

also some of the folks have the mindset that because you didn’t read the books or you do not know all of the lore therefore you cannot possibly have fun playing MY game. tisk tisk tisk

How do you propose they ban this anyway? They are stopping classicLFG by making changes to the API to prevent it, they would have to prevent addons from adding icons to the map in general, and even then guide addons could still exist which are way more on rails than a quest helper

Most of the “cannoned” lore is in the game and has been worked reworked and changed so much not sure why anyone would have this elitist attitude since the devs dont even follow their own lore lol

1 Like

They would also have to ban wowhead and discord while their at it, because apparently having information so readily available to you makes it so others cant play the game.

1 Like

Arguing with a brick wall here so I’ll simply end off with:

Your complaints have no merit, the community in general does not agree with you and the “evidence” you put forward for your argument is not sufficiently backed up.

See you on classic

2 Likes

wait a minute, you think the quests in Vanilla had more overall depth than later versions?

1 Like

Except as I’ve said before banning the addon presents the player with a choice. Do I alt-tab and break the flow of the gameplay or do I press on and keep playing the game using the resources I have?

That is a far more interesting choice then follow GPS and never stop to think about anything ever.

Also why shouldn’t my opinions on the game matter? Why shouldn’t anyone’s? We all play this game, and we should all advocate for what we feel is important.

1 Like

i know i said im done but let me give you some pointers.

i got from 1-60 in 2 and 1/2 months. i remember distinctly a week after that someone asked if i had used zygor or some other addons and i said no . so there were ACTUAL quest helping addons at 2 and 3/4s of a month that people knew about and were reccommending to people.

lets just round that up to within the first 3 months quest help addons were in the ACTUAL game. which would put it at all of vanilla minus the first 3 months of being in the game.

the lfg like tool that was out there as an addon called call to arms was in 1.11 i believe thats like 3 months till the end or maybe 4 months.

the reason it diddnt gain popularity is cause people had been trained to do things the old way and gained the reward for more personal group making. im sure people back then wouldve saw it as an affront to what they feel is “the right way to do things” and would actively shun those who use it.

1 Like

Because you are one of millions of players, and its pretty evident that alot of us don’t agree with that mindset. Just because you have an opinion doesn’t automatically make your right.

1 Like

You’ve offered no arguments, have refused to read (obviously because you need your quest addons) and now think you speak for the community. Yep you sound like a classic player alright. Good luck, and try not to get lost without a leash dragging you everywhere.

1 Like

We’ve offered you nothing but counter arguments for the last 100 posts, all of which you’ve completely ignored. And again your trying to put people down to make your opinion hold more value.

3 Likes

1.11 is still Classic.

If you think you speak for the community you should prolly get off that pedestal you put yourself on.

4 Likes

So because you and a bunch of other forums posters disagree with me, I should shut up and keep my opinions to my self?

That’s especially ironic considering the whole saga of classic and things like the “Wall of No”

1 Like

Questing addons are pretty annoying honestly, I have never liked the way they function and clutter everything up. A website is better for me since I have a second computer.

Carbonite? Yeah…break all that garbage. That’s some lazy nonsense.

Read the quest text, open your freakin eyes, and work for it!

Just don’t break my Xperl frames so I can healz betta!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t wait for blizzard to crack their whip on addons

#NoAddons
#MyClassic

No, i never said that. But trying to force your opinions down everyones throat it going to rile us up. Trying to dictate how we should play the game, using phrases like hand holding, GPS and leashes to talk to us. Were all free to a opinion but your is becoming increasingly hostile.

1 Like

Did I ever say I speak for the community? No I didn’t, but that would require READING to know that and since you’re trembling at the thought of not having your GPS addon I can see why you’re confused.