Remove the Questing Addons

Alright boys, i guess where going to play world of slaytcraft. We 100% have to play the way he plays or else were complete idiots and don’t know how to google stuff. Any addons which were available in vanilla aren’t allowed because his opinion is the correct one.

1 Like

Questing was what seperated WoW from other MMORPGS on the market back in the day. In games like Asheron’s Call and SWG you only got to quest occasionally, and only after you grinded and grinded some more.

WoW was the first MMORPG to actually make questing a fundamental part of the game, and it was such a gamechanger that practically every MMORPG since has done the same thing.

Questing isn’t the only aspect of WoW, but it’s a damn important one, so why allow addons that trivialize it anymore than it already has?

1 Like

Like I said, it feels like you’re trying to inconvenience a portion of the playerbase that just doesn’t share your interests.

You don’t need to save anyone from their decision to use Questie or another addon.

1 Like

You mean it wouldn’t be YOUR “real” Classic experience.
It would, however, be the “real” Classic experience for every player that used addons in Vanilla.

LFG I can understand. Questing addons should be left for each person to decide how they want to play the game.

Some of you guys are sounding like a bunch of control freaks. Everything must be the way you choose to play the game.
Not everyone plays the game the same way and not everyone played the game YOUR way in Vanilla.

Your usage of the “real” Classic experience is a misnomer unless you acknowledge that the original experience was different for different players. You are simply demanding that people throw THEIR original Classic experience away in order to please you and play the game the way YOU choose to play it.

Hopefully Blizzard’s memory is better than yours is and they allow each player to experience Classic the way THEY enjoyed it the first time around. Otherwise, it will be anything but a “real” Classic experience for a lot of players.

3 Likes

i seriously dont want addons. none. at all. what so ever. and all the people that say its a personal preference and that it wont hurt or harm the experience dont understand that one addon turns into two addons and then 4 and all of a sudden there is welfare gear and LFR. keep it pure god damn it.

Key word “Back in the day” we aren’t going back in time, Classic isnt a recreation its a remaster. Players are better then they were “back in the day” we have 100x more information about how the game works then “back in the day”. Our internet, computers monitors chairs mouse and keyboards are all better then “back in the day”

All of this, Thank you!

They said they’d prevent group finder addons. They never said they’d prevent quest helper addons. It’s very straightforward stuff.

2 Likes

If we’re not going back to classic to relive one of it’s most groundbreaking aspects, then what the hell are we going back to classic for?

I personally am all for add ons including the lfg didn’t see it as game breaking since there was nothing going on there but parsing of already existing content. But I do find it hilarious that one set group who is hellz bent on controlling how others play the game socially with others and how they facilitate that interaction are protecting an equally “making stuff easier” addon such as quest helper. If ANY add on could be argued to help you level quicker it would be these add ons as they take any sort of work out of the questing experience which is by far the biggest chunk of 1-60 vs that 5 man you didnt want others to find people via lfg. The hypocrisy is hilarious around here.

1 Like

Yet, somehow it’s ok for those players to inconvenience if not outright ruin the experience of players like us who value the RPG in this MMORPG?

I get it, you want to rush to 60 as fast possible so you can get those purps and show off to the noobs, but there is more to WoW than just the e-peen.

1 Like

To play the game in its base form, to play what many of us missed out on. Every player has the freedom to experience the game the way they want, whether that be using conveniences, or going full bare bones. That is up to the player to decide, if a addon effects the game in a negative manner (classicLFG) then i understand why it should be removed. But when a addon exists that one player hates but other players may enjoy then what right do you have to tell those players that they are incorrect?

Edit: Or that they are ruining the game for others, when infact its a PERSONAL CHOICE.

2 Likes

then throw out your computer and internet provider , find a crt monitor and old windows 7 computer and 2mb internet connection or slower. Come on lets really get the old feeling back LOL

1 Like

Because these addons much like the LFG addons affect the game in a negative manner. Those same addons most likely contributed to WoW quests going from a thoughtful rpg adventure to a mindless, brainless meme and pop culture themepark.

1 Like

Please one last time tell everyone here, how a quest addon that shows you additional information that you could easily spend 2 mins googling effects you? How does me using a quest helper effect you? Your arugment is that people aren’t going to spend time spamming chat channels asking questions like “the good ole days” When in fact most people already in 2019 will look up that info themselvs.

1 Like

Can you explain how people who use the addon “inconvenience or outright ruin the experience” of other players?

Are you worried people with “spoil” quests for others trying to do things the old fashioned way? The best I’ve heard is that people using the addon will be less likely to ask others for information on quests. I

But once again, banning the addon doesn’t do jack to solve that. The people who would use the addon are the people who would just alt-TAB to a website. Banning the addon does nothing to address your concerns.

It’s worth noting that I’m arguing from the standpoint of someone who won’t be using the addon because I’d like to try the “vanilla” leveling experience.

That was my choice. I also think others should have the choice as to how they want to engage with that content, so long as it does not negatively impact the experience of others, which I’ve yet to hear compelling evidence for.

3 Likes

Your rose tinted glasses are showing sir. There are quite a few quests that are just flat out funny, well written and wonderful true. But let’s be real here wow has always had the most mundane quests be the bulk of the questing experience. Including not one and not two but over six different ways in which to make us go behind an animal and collect dung. Ya so lets not blame some addon on the plethora of shytty quests this game has.

The same can and was argued about the lfg add on. lol

You resort to insults because you haven’t got a clue. This topic has been explained, you just refuse to to believe that an addon designed for a solo experience only affects a solo experience.

Still haven’t given me any actual significant community disadvantages of a quest addon while I’ve given you many examples of how tools like LFG are actually harmful.

1 Like

The LFG addon actually automated alot of the grouping process it negativity effected the social aspect for that content. Quest helpers do nothing but point the way, its not like its auto pathing you and doing all the quests for you.