Remove the Questing Addons

You haven’t explained how it hurts the community, you keep saying it ruins the RPG aspect, what aspect the fact that i have to alt tab to find out where this one item on the ground is? All that does is pull me out of the game, so it negatively effects my immersion.

My adventure was/is still the same and they did not seem to affect the community in Vanilla, nor later as they made them part of the game, people will still ask in general, but you cannot erase 15 years of knowledge, nor the increased amount of information, so most people will look up stuff when they get stuck and /locations like they also did in Vanilla, just at a much much higher rate.

1 Like

If we’re going to start removing add-ons the community doesn’t like, why stop at LFG? We can make people have to read text and gasp, talk to a human being!

I consider people engaging with the RPG in an MMORPG a huge benefit that far out weighs an addon that according to so many people in this topic is only a “minor convenience”

1 Like

The word “community” must mean nothing to you. Reread, and contemplate in deep thought, maybe, just maybe, one day, you will understand.

I have actually, and so did Renim just a few posts above yours.

1 Like

Lol sure, we can poll the community and see if the same amount of fervor exists for removing Quest Helper add-ons.

Spoiler alert: there isn’t. Because they have always been around and were actually used by a large portion of the community during Vanilla. If you played back then, you’d know that.

Oh, and they aren’t just “removing add-ons the community doesn’t like.” If you want to be stubborn and not accept their reasons for doing so, fine. But I guarantee you they would have made that decision either way.

1 Like

This right here, Its a personal choice to have more readily available information. Its a personal convenience, infact there might even be players that go out of there way to help people in chat who are asking.

I get that this is an aspect of the game that you value, but I don’t see why you want to make the decision for other players whether they want to engage with it. Plenty of people don’t get much out of that kind of content and play WoW for other reasons.

If someone would prefer to use an addon or third party website to excise that element of the game for their personal enjoyment, to the detriment of no one else, I don’t see the problem.

There’s also nothing you can do to stop them, given the information is all out there. Banning the addon just inconveniences people minding their own business because you personally feel they’d have more fun otherwise.

2 Likes

It doesn’t hurt the community to have questhelper, the very people that say that in the community are the ones the yell at players and tell them to ASK A GUARD or google it when they are in game.

1 Like

Do you think that because i have a quest helper addon thats going to make me this random mute ingame? Like all of a sudden i don’t need any other players, dont need help killing elites?

1 Like

actually, that sounds more like your kind of people

This too, Its going to happen.

And the minute the community ask about a quest or where something is YOU are the types that yell ASK A GUARD or LOOK IT UP, yea I have experienced your communtiy

1 Like

How does excising the RPG out of an MMORPG not affect everyone else playing that same MMORPG?

1 Like

Because questing is only a part of what makes WoW an RPG?

Maybe it was a big part of the experience to you, but not everyone shares that.

I didn’t really do professions when I first played, despite that being a part of the RPG experience. I also avoided PvP, which one could consider a part of the pivotal MMO experience. Someone else might really dislike raiding, despite that being a large part of the RPG experience.

It’s up to the player how much of the WoW “experience” they want to engage with.

I’m with the OP on this one. Make it an mmorpg for everyone with the same experience for everyone. Anything that starts making things easy mode, I’m against. I’d actually like zero add ons, zero interface changes, just 100% pure Blizzard Classic for one and all. Heck, I wish people would just use the in game voice chat too instead of all the outside ones. But zergs gonna be zergs.

A mute? Depends on the player, I suppose. What is for sure is you’ll have to rely a lot less on other players and in game resources.

We didn’t get to retail from Vanilla in one big change, it was hundreds of tiny changes that got us there.

1 Like

They should just disable all addons, let it stay pure vanilla. That really would be the best for the game.

Alright, who scratched this record?