Remove the ability to respec

RestoWarrior?

Bladestorm you just spin slapping everyone with bandages?

1 Like

If they wanted the act of respeccing at all to be impossible, which is what your logical extreme is attempting to illustrate, they simply would have made it so.

Except it’s not. It’s in the game, and clearly it’s working as a deterrent because we have non-stop spam threads from people who want dual spec to escape the gold cost even though, according to you, gold is so easy to earn.

If gold is so much easier to get these days and there is so much more inflation, then why are you whining about 10x as much as the average original TBC player probably did about paying the fee? Go make that easy gold and respec.

In just the time you’ve spent whinging in this back and forth, you could have made a 100g.

You can’t argue this from two completely contradictory angles. You can’t say the gold cost is irrelevant while at the same time saying the gold cost is such a huge burden to you. Pick a position.

I mean, we are completely stuck deep in Phase 1 content right now. It’s like a total of 45 minutes of raiding a week. There is literally all the time in the world to farm up some gold to do whatever you want. Of all times in the life of TBCC, complaining about opportunities to make gold right now is just absurd. Use some of that unused raiding time to go farm up 2-3 primal waters. Something. Literally anything.

1 Like

They didn’t want it to be impossible, but they wanted it to be rare.

They didn’t want people respecing multiple times a week while using an optimized cookie-cutter spec at all times.

They wanted the choices you make for your character to matter. Not for people to buy gold and respec between raid bosses.

What did I say ‘in this thread’ that was contradictory?

Because I am not like pro dual spec proponents on this board and can store memory beyond the previous 60 minutes, I am capable of actually remembering the points you’ve made and positions you took in previous threads.

What a concept, right.

This appeals to my sense of geometry.

I said “in this thread”. I haven’t been contradictory here. I am arguing your side but taking it to its logical extreme.

If dual-spec is bad then comparatively cheap respecs are a lesser degree of bad. Blizzard did not want people respecing multiple times a week. The 50g respec is insufficient to prevent it.

ahem… *Aidstorm

1 Like

Let’s add permanent death as well. Die 1 time and the character is deleted.

1 Like

Lol, bad Sunday troll is bad.

Did you guys know there are 18 classes, 8 professions, and 3 gathers that you can swap between on a single character with no cooldown or payment required in FFXIV

2 Likes

Did you know I don’t care.

all I know is you’re just another gatekeeper trying to ruin this game

1 Like

I don’t know what a gatekeeper is, but how am I trying to ruin the game?

I’ve played a couple games like that.

One game I played (don’t remember the name, it was a LONG time ago) you could only be rez’d by someone of your difficulty level or higher. If not rez’d in time you were deleted. I was playing on the highest difficulty. When someone on that mode would die I’d get insane offers for rezzes… wow equivalent would be like gold cap, multiple mythic raid BoEs, pretty much anything you could give to another player was on the table… for a rez!

Good healers and tanks were treated like gods and almost always ran as a pair. If you were a DPS/CC you really needed to prove you were worth inviting. Mess up and get someone killed could end that character. You’d be blacklisted as a liability.

Zuul is the gatekeeper. Are you the keymaster?

So anyone got some proof as to the respec cost being tied to “meaningful choice” or is this just some rhetoric conspiracy that people make up? If it was really tied to “meaningful choice” then just why, did they give us dual spec in wotlk? Obviously they seen it as something needed for the game.

I think people get confused easily by this, but when TBC came out it was the first version of rated pvp while also expanding the gap between level 1 and maxed characters. Perhaps they didn’t realize the importance of dual spec during TBC for serious pvpers or people who would like to fulfill roles that aren’t easily filled (heal, tank, as a dps main). Obviously by the time WOTLK came out, their was a demand for a large ammount of resources being developed to better the game. A perfect time to implement dual spec, when all sources are being devoted to the next version of the game, right?

You guys are mistaking “purpose” with “intention” with these arguments. Just because dual spec didn’t make it to TBC doesn’t mean TBC shouldn’t have dual spec. Wotlk isn’t that much of a different xpac in terms on overall mechanics compared to TBC. They are pretty similar. If wotlk was supposed to have dual spec, what makes TBC supposed to not have dual spec other than the argument of “well it wasn’t here then, so it shouldn’t be now”.

Also, this whole “meaningful choice”. Who are you to tell another player they should only be allowed to participate in a fraction of the game based on their spec? Why can’t someone level a class one time, and participate in the multiple facets of endgame without having to relevel another character?

Basically if you are against dual spec, you are for people being gatekept out of content. Not having dual spec also fuels the fire of gold buying. People who work full time and want to come home to arena, bg, grind, run 5 mans, or raid, is more inclined to buy gold (because the time they could have been grinding in game, they were grinding in real life) in order to play different sections of endgame. Basically, if you have a job, and don’t buy gold, you are limited in endgame severely compared to someone who has no job, or buys gold.

Essentially, not having dual spec ruins the game for honest, hard working people, and also gate keeps them from content while buffing the grimiest of grime players by far.

We understand you want “tbc” to be as “tbc” as possible, but lets be honest, this game was nowhere designed properly back in TBC; players are much much smarter today than in 2006 at cheating mechanics. This is why OGTBC and ClassicTBC is so much different. Back in the day a small fraction of players exploited the flaws of TBC, nowadays, it feels like 80% of the players buy gold, boosts all the way to 60 from runs, manipulate the AH. Just look at ore prices versus cloth prices. Cloth prices are terribly low in modern tbc because it rains cloth in low level dungeon runs, while ore on the other hand is way way overpriced because people actually have to go out and earn the ore. Back in OGTBC cloth was just as valuable as ore because everybody wasn’t paying for dungeon runs.

ORIGINAL TBC was FAR FAR FAR from a perfect TBC. Now that it is 2021, we can see these issues and fix them. Do you carburate your 1969 challenger dragster for 2021 races just because, “that’s what we did back in the day”? or do you put in some giant hemi/LS fuel injected motor because its 2021 and we know it’s faster? Only the people who want to “cruise around” town for nostalgia put the carburated motor in. Only people who want to “cruise around TBC” for what it was, is against dual spec. Clearly, dual spec is for the better of everything classic TBC has to offer.

People just like dealing with the same problems they had in 2006/7 in 2021 because “that’s just how it was, dude”.

1 Like

It’s just a gameplay element and a gold sink, dual spec was added because at the time devs though it would increase player participation, add more tanks, be a QOL change for players.

It didn’t add more tanks or increase player participation in other aspects of the game.

The father of dual spec even regretted its implementation later on and said that people were abusing it and using it for methods that they did not intend.

Who cares, anyone with a double digit IQ can farm 100g in an hour.

2 Likes

I remember it actually made grouping for a dungeon a matter of 1 to 10 minutes. (10 minutes being towards the end of WOTLK) while arena picking up massively. Everyone was playing arena in wotlk when dual spec came out. Everybody in world pvp was actually a threat because they were always in a pvp spec. I’m not sure where you’re getting your data but I remember clearly that dual spec was one of the best features of WOTLK and was probably one of the reasons that xpac boomed the population. It was the original game nearly, while giving everyone access to participate in different parts of the game. Normal raids were still somewhat difficult and wasn’t just a LFR one time walk through the park. Game still felt epic but had the perfect ammount of player-friendly tools.

TBC is just a gap between vanilla and one of the most perfect xpacs ever. They didn’t learn everything they needed to know by the start of TBC. Wotlk is where they hit an almost perfect middle way between lack of functions and functions.

Yes people abused dual spec in hardcore raiding, but lets be honest, what top end guild isn’t attempting to abuse every little mechanic in the game? I believe the majority of players DO NOT participate in those guilds, and those that do, know they have an obligation to bend the mechanics to the maximum potential possible before they even join the guild.

Also please quote this “father of dual spec” lmao. Pretty sure them abusing dual spec is just cuts time off from flying back to the city to respec to literally perform the same exact function dual spec did.

No the game was not designed so that your choices matter. they have always given ways to change. You are the one that keeps saying your choices matter. The game designers allowed respec. Gold is not any different now then it was in original. Another false claim that you make.

The solution is pretty simple. If you want your choice to matter then don’t use the respec. How hard is that? If you don’t want other players doing what the designers intended for them to do then find another game.

how miserable is your life outside of wow? is that all you do is be a little Karen. Quit sticking your nose into what other players are doing. If a guild wants to min/max and you don’t want to then dont join that guild.

If you can’t find enough players that think and want to play the game the way you want to then that alone should tell you something. So just stop trying to force your opinions on everyone else. There is no need for it. Just play your way. Stick to one spec. Stop hating the fact that other people are actually having fun while you are stuck with your “choice”. What a stupid game design that would be. That kind of retardness has been done in other mmos and they fail. Nobody wants a real life simulator . We want a game to play and have fun in. Not work and suffer and despise because we made one choice that we want to change. just stupid.

2 Likes

“I’m not sure where you are getting your data”

cites memory

This is literally a quote from warlords of draenor and I’m pretty sure you’ve taken it out context because this refers to world first situations. This is just refering to the fact guilds use dual spec as part of their world first strategies. Honestly something that doesn’t really matter in classic TBC. Unless you are worried who is world firsting in classic tbc(you shouldn’t be, this goes back to, if you don’t want to meta game and abuse, don’t be a world first guild), you’ve taken him completely out of context.