Remove the ability to respec

Sorry. I won’t use the hash tag anymore.

I’ll just say you don’t want any changes.

Because saying you don’t want changes is totally different than saying #NoChanges. :laughing:

3 Likes

Actually, no.

I wanted the drums change, tbh.

I wouldn’t have complained if they left it in though.

:thinking:

2 Likes

Every change has a different isolated situation/circumstance based on its effect on the game in relation to its effect on the game in original TBC.

In the particular case of drums, it was possible that raiding would be heavily impacted in a negative way by drums being the way they were due to emergent gameplay and newer more widespread knowledge.

But the drum change means we’re getting farther away from a recreation of the TBC I remember and love!

Why would support something that ruins that experience for everyone?

3 Likes

Yeah, and some people didn’t want drums changed. I completely respect that, and wouldn’t have complained if they left them untouched.

In fact even Blizzard initially defended drums, if you don’t remember.

Why would you want something that deviates from a faithful recreation of the game?

1 Like

Alright, let’s circle back around again…

…because I feel there are some changes that do not inherently hurt the integrity of the original TBC experience.

Nerfing drums I feel was a decently safe move.

Dual spec I feel does hurt the integrity of the original TBC experience.

Does the original TBC experience mean anything to Blizzard in how they are tuning or deciding changes? Uhm, well, as Fasc said, we don’t know this definitively but I think it’s at the very least a reasonable inference.

1 Like

I don’t feel the same way.

1 Like

Come on dude, I’m trying to engage honestly :frowning: , I’m in a good mood.

So why are you honest and I’m not when I talk about how I feel?

Because I disagree with you?

You’re only doing this to make an obtuse point about how either feelings are irrelevant or something or other…

It’s kind of just distracting from the point…

If you truly disagree with me, that’s totally fine.

However, what I’d like to do is be given the right tools to understand why dual spec doesn’t represent a bad move for Blizzard to you. I’d honestly be ecstatic to reach that state of mind, because…I mean, then we aren’t arguing anymore. I’m now a convert, on your side.

If you’d like to be the one to provide that for me, I’m happy to listen.

I don’t feel like that’s what’s going on at all.

I’ve given you that already. Plenty of people have. You still resort to saying you “feel” differently. So, I’ve elected to approach the table with exactly that. Just my feelings.

Since you put so much stake in how you feel about everything, that’s all I will do at this point. So, let’s look at this:

I also feel there are some changes that do not inherently hurt the integrity of the original TBC experience.

Implementing Dual Spec I feel would be a decently safe move.

Dual Spec I feel does not hurt the integrity of the original TBC experience.

Does the original TBC experience mean anything to Blizzard in how they are tuning or deciding changes? I don’t know. But I don’t think it’s at the very least a reasonable inference.

1 Like

Okay, but you’re not providing new information lol. Copying my words and replacing them all is a rather…odd tactic to relay an argument but it sort of obligates me to move the discussion myself which seems unfair lol. Why don’t we do this together, yeah?

I mean…that’s all a discussion is. A giant mish-mash of people’s feelings.

It doesn’t mean you have to halt progress.

Otherwise you’re basically saying there can be no discussion on dual spec until Blizzard comes out and makes a statement.

Which…TBH, I’m not against! If we could all unanimously decide to stop discussing dual spec until Blizzard does a thing about it, I’d be totally down. That won’t happen though, people will continue to post about why it should be added…using their feelings.

And we will continue to post in response why it shouldn’t be added…using our feelings.

Your criticism sort of extends to both sides lol, and there’s no realistic scenario in which a discussion on dual spec won’t involve feelings from both sides. So this just seems kind of like a…arbitrary train of thought…

I don’t feel like I need to provide any information other than to say this is how I feel.

So why this concern about my “not providing new information” ?

Why should he? You haven’t.

Exactly. And besides, why would “new information” even matter unless it was somehow to be taken as an objective priority over any of my feelings? At that point we’re just adhering to objective reality anyway and my feelings were irrelevant.

1 Like

Alright then. Well…

*twiddles thumbs

Currently the game is way more fun without dual spec, so I hope they continue to not address it and don’t add it.

Actually I take that back half-way, I do want them to address it, but hopefully clarify that it won’t be added.

Currently the game is fun and could be improved with Dual Spec. I hope they address it and add it.

Easy.

Anything else?

Yes, I submit, I submit.

Nothing in a conversation consisting of mostly opinions is worth saying unless it’s based on an objective historical fact.

Let’s all wait for Blizzard to give us the next “fact” about their design intention/goals before we say anything further.