Remove the ability to respec

Married with 4 kids but yeah… go on doing exactly the thing you accuse others of.

What a sad troll you are

Yeah buddy we all believe that, I’m sure things are going great :slight_smile:

Wife, 2 eldest sons, and I are all on your server you dingbat. I’m sorry I don’t fit into whatever box you have but you’re welcome to join our Discord and be made fun of for the mountain of bad assumptions.

My dude, I don’t have to be pinpoint accurate of your exact familial status to know you’ve got problems.

Reasonable individuals simply don’t approach subjects of contention the way you do, and rarely are people that the people around them want to engage with.

You keep on mentioning “2+2=5” and that’s really telling. You truly believe that there’s objective, mathematical fact involved or necessary in this discussion about dual spec’s necessity.

It’s sad dude.

I tried. I reached my hand out. You won’t even do the favor of bearing with all the perceived heinous crimes of debate to humor me, lol. You’re interested in one thing, and one thing only: being right, and without questioning, making sure the person you’re talking to knows they’re wrong.

1 Like

I feel like your feelings have no bearing on this topic.

Are you going to invalidate my feelings now by disagreeing with me? You’d better not, or I’m going to consider that emotional abuse.

1 Like

“I was just being insulting in a vague way when I called you involuntarily celibate, misogynistic, and generally hated by the opposite sex!”

Oh okay.

You are literally the only person driving any kind of opposition and tripling down on the same bad thinking.

Don’t confuse the poor boy.

Everyone’s’ feelings has a bearing on this topic, that’s the point. As players of TBCC, we “feel” the game every time we play it, and none of us want that feeling to be worse due to a change that could be avoided.

Strawman…again…nobody has said we believe lacking dual spec is the “moral superior” state of being.

In fact we’ve repeatedly acknowledged that dual spec is a pretty great feature.

We just don’t want it in TBCC.

So, to be utterly frank, this really is just a case of “We favor red over blue”.

All we have on both sides, is completely subjective inferences as to why red is more likely to end up being the case than blue, but neither of us possess definitive proof that TBCC will end up being red or blue by the end.

So the discussion is about whether it should be red or blue.

Except, its being red or blue also has ramifications for the actual experience of…looking at it for some people. It being blue might…hurt the eyes of the people who want it to be red.

I don’t know I’m doing my best with the utterly simplistic analogy you gave me to work with lmao, but that’s pretty much the gist here.

You might be mis-gauging the point of the discussion from the get go. The idea is to say that TBCC doesn’t need dual spec, and therefore should not get it as since it doesn’t need it, they shouldn’t make a change that deviates it further from its source material.

Could Blizzard completely upend this and just add it tomorrow? I mean, I guess so. They certainly could. Does that mean we don’t feel a certain way about it…?

I feel like you’re wrong.

Now what?

Why is that wrong?

You provided no justification so it’s not exactly my turn yet.

Sounds great

Because I just feel like it. That’s my justification.

Ok. That’s cool.

I never said you did.

What do you call it when someone claims strawman but actually commits the fallacy themselves…?

Then, as you only have a preference, I’ll have mine and disregard yours, since that’s how unsubstantiated preferences work.

You don’t have justifications for your preference so we don’t need justifications to dismiss your preference.

Do try to keep up.

No, it’s lukewarm. Because I feel like it.

He might learn.

We do have justifications.

We prefer no dual spec because that’s how TBC was and the game will be more enjoyable to us that way due to the fact we are playing this for as close of a recreation as we can get.

That is a completely valid justification.

“I want #NoChanges because #NoChanges.”

1 Like

Yeah. It is a stupid design. They did make a post about how they wanted it yo be used.

I love those kind if posts. Shows what a bunch of idiots they were. Most if the game play that happens goes against what they intended. There are numerous posts from original devs that they discuss the mistakes they made. Aling with the posts they made about things they wanted to implement but just didnt make it in time.

Some stuff works as intended and is good. Some stuff works as intended and is bad. The devs acknowledge this in many posts.

The dual spec is a dev desicion, working as intended, but turns out it was a stupid game design.

There are a group of players that think that if it was in the game at launch the it is the only way mmos should be done. And if it wasnt in the game or addes later then it is a sin to even think about. They are not aware that lfd tool was planned and intended to be in vanilla. It just didnt make it. If they had added lfd at the launch if classic, these same morons would be declaring it is the best design ever.

Stop reducing the argument to something none of us are saying.

I swear you guys say “#nochanges” more than anyone who is against dual spec ever says it, lol.

Let’s observe them to see if they actually support your preference!

Blizzard’s explicit embrace of #somechanges defeats this utterly.

This is just another unjustified preference. This is like saying you favor blue because blue is pretty, it doesn’t actually prop up the original preference.

This is also an unsubstantiated preference. You’re seeking out an experience that you aren’t guaranteed even if it was promised, and it wasn’t even promised. This is why you should read your contracts better, because Blizzard tells you explicitly your play experience will change and you have no guarantees of anything.

False.

You preference to avoid dual spec is based upon three justifications that lack support for either being entirely contrary to reality (as presently defined by Blizzard) or merely a restatement of preference.

As such your preference is just a mere aesthetic choice that bears no weight and you don’t get to turn your “I don’t want it” into “You’ll never get it.”