Alt score gives you 1 point per level

https://www.dataforazeroth.com/leaderboards/alts-score

So the top 5 players have at least 200 * 50 levels :+1:

1 Like

Heyyy I had this idea a couple years ago :smiley:

1 Like

Here Here! Bump the character limit!

feels personally attacked - lol

I have 4 subaccounts in by Bnet, and while not at 200, I do have over 150 characters now.

2 Likes

Over 150 team!

2 Likes

50 is so 15 years ago.

4 Likes

Count me part of the altoholic crew that would be down for the limit being raised.
Iā€™m not one of those people that can just delete characters Iā€™ve put time in enough to level to 60, so I just level them through new expansions and then camp them for mounts or transmog farming until the next expansion.
I love leveling alts, questing, etc, and I donā€™t even care if the are the same class and spec, like I have a lot of BM hunters, all different races and they tame different things.
I play for the adventure of leveling/questing and the RP in my mind as I do so. :slight_smile:

Also hoping we get either SL playable races down the road, or maybe a Saberon or twoā€¦someday. :smiley:

6 Likes

Bringing this back with an updated title. I want to make a few characters on an RP realm to try it out, but I cant.

6 Likes

As of currently, my account expected to reached 40 characters, having increased to 45 as viewing other classes.

3 Likes

Yeah, I currently have 46. I love leveling alts but havent been able to do it in forever for fear of hitting the cap. :pensive:

4 Likes

And now we have a new race/class.

And Iā€™m out of room.

8 Likes

50 character limit is so 17 years ago.

7 Likes

I would pay an extra $5 per month for 50 more character slots.

7 Likes

Hey boo! There are more gnomes now :slight_smile: Sorry you got deleted but you look fine on the other account!

1 Like

Itā€™s easy, man. You just do it. It takes like two days to hit level cap in this game. Leveling a joke.

Iā€™m grateful that a member of the Community Council made a thread on the CC forums to bring up the idea of raising the character cap per account. You can see the post here:

You can give the post a like despite not being on the Community Council.

As Iā€™ve said before, Iā€™m dangerously close to the character cap and donā€™t want to delete any of my characters. At the same time, I donā€™t want to have to pay and manage for another account and its expansions just to have more. Speaking for myself, I would happily pay to get more character slots for my account. I love my characters and donā€™t want to delete anyone to make any new races or classes in the future.

If you can, please share the post I linked above to other people so we can show support for it! :smiley:

6 Likes

Letā€™s go Blizzard get us more character slots already!

4 Likes

Iā€™d happily pay extra for a ā€˜premiumā€™ account to increase the character cap. Juggling 2+ active accounts is annoying. I do it, but itā€™s annoying. if they upped the cap to 100, for example, Iā€™d pay to transfer around 20 characters to my main account.

You can hoard names anyway. To stop that, they need to change those rules. Like, if a name is held on a level 1 it only lasts for a week (or less) before it can be claimed by someone else. Sure, some people would do the work to save the names but most would greatly reduce the names theyā€™re sitting on. If the level 1 is active, e.g. a bank toon with time played, it could be safe, too.

Itā€™s not just about levelling, so levelling and deletion is not a solution. Itā€™s more about alt collecting, at least for me.

The game is old at this point. To a long-time altoholic, hitting character cap happens. I try to stay at 48 on my main account. Some expacs, a chunk of the limit is taken for whatever reason ā€“ for example, Iā€™m an OCE player and a work friend wanted me to play in their OCE guild. I wound up levelling every class on that server during BfA; I like having all the options on any server I roll on :man_shrugging:t4:

That guy quit in SL but might come back for Dragonflight. They might need X class for M+ on a night that works for me. That might last 3 months until they quit and then come back in 2 years, who the hell knows, point is: Iā€™m not deleting those toons :0

4 Likes

Will be #team160 come 10.0 with 10 new Drachrstyrywasaidkhowtospellitā€™s :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The 50 character cap doubles as a hard gold cap. So no one can get more than 1 billion gold. 10 million per toon and 10 million in a toons guild bank.

Raising that character cap means they have to seriously consider that.