Remove natural velf options

He likes to do this

1 Like

The only thing that matters is that I get my void elf paladins

No. I rather see High Elf Options. Thank you very much.

High Elf options are already in game.

5 Likes

I just want to add, void elves were not a mistake.
They should not have been just a customisation option.
Void elves are awesome as they are

Stop bullying my race haha

7 Likes

All of this.

7 Likes

They need better hairstyles, otherwise I have no issue with them like issue with them, I just really hate their hairstyles like my gosh Void Elves could be pretty (female wise) or sexy (male wise) like Blood Elves and I could get into this whole thing about how bad they are because really they are bad and they really need to fix that.

2 Likes

Agreed, void elves should be voidy all the time, no exceptions. More void for the void elves.

Man if I was rich, I would pay blizzard to permanently remove elves from the game, purge all remnants of elves from the lore and then pay them more to broadcast all the crying. Then I’d pay them all a hefty retirement, bc at that point the game would cease to exist. Y’all better hope I never win the lottery.

1 Like

The major problem is that Blizzard keeps treating political or social differences as separate ‘races’. A new ‘race’ should be biologically distinct from other races, not just a sociological disagreement between members of what would otherwise be the same ‘race’.

For instance, High Elves and Blood Elves (and Void Elves) are all just Thalassian Elves. The monikers are merely political differences and hence why there’s such a huge rub about it. Same thing with Orcs and Mag’har; both Orcs at the end of the day, and at this point the fel exposure should have weakened enough for Azeroth Orcs to start producing non-green orcs; after all if it’s not a permanent shift for BE, it shouldn’t be a permanent shift for Orcs, which means the green skin is temporary and should ‘bleed out’ over generations. Draenei are also plagued by this issue; becoming Lightforged is a political choice and more akin to choosing the Paladin class versus becoming an entirely new lifeform. In fact, every AR sans the Vulpera and maybe the Highmountain and Dark Iron are pretty much just political or social differences being called a brand new race.

Ultimately, the best thing that could happen is the faction divide coming down when it comes to racial interaction, and the vast majority of AR options becoming customizations (along with choices of racial) for main race, ie you would pick Thalassian elf and, like a talent tree, you’d go down choice nodes for each racial ability.

1 Like

I mean Void elves have the void in them which I think was a good difference.

And given the nature of the game itself and factions I wouldn’t have really been surprised if High Elves had been given in the same format.

Bothering to care at this point is pointless.

They’re here now, they’re not going away.

It doesnt though

I mean, yeah, it is, but to what extent though? This part hasn’t been fully explained. We know with Umbric and his followers, and we know with Alleria, but we don’t have anything in regards to the other elves who found the Ren’dorei and join the ranks.

This part does need to be expanded further to explain more. Because it can’t just be, “other Blood Elves and High Elves found the Void Elves, and joined them to become a Void Elf”, because that doesn’t make any sense.

This is the biggest problem with the Ren’dorei lore, because it just doesn’t even add up at all.

1 Like

Pretty much this, they could have added High Elves, then used Alleria to bring the void thing in later, and that is what they should have done IMO. Instead they did it the bass ackwards way and created the mess we have now.

3 Likes

Merely speculating here. That said.

Most of the people who seem to really be against the idea of High Elves on the Alliance are, in fact, Blood Elves. This sentiment seems to stem from roughly three (but certainly more) mindsets.

1. Faction Pride. Maybe old school Horde players never considered the Blood Elves to be a proper Horde race, but Blood Elf players consider themselves to be a Horde race, through and through. Considering Blood Elf players outnumber that old crowd by a considerable margin, and how much time has passed since they were added? Voices like that are an old minority. If the OG Horde population of 5,000 were against Blood Elves being added, but then the Horde population grew to 15,000 from Blood Elves, then yeah, it’s going to seem like the opinion of the faction changed, when it was more the population that changed.
  2. Lore. There is a genuine concern that adding High Elves into the game would strip the Blood Elves of their lore and story. Blood Elves see themselves as the heirs to the legacy of Quel’Thalas, which is 100% fact; they are. The idea of adding in High Elves as a playable race in any capacity other than one to contest that, seems ludicrous to them. When anyone wanting High Elves goes to any length to suggest otherwise, it doesn’t register because of this concern (and given Blizzard’s writing, I’d argue it’s not an valid concern). The Horde has little lore that hasn’t been outright ruined at this point, and Blood Elves are on that short list for some of those players.
  3. Trolling. There are plenty of folks who like to say, ‘No,’ to anything other players want, for the sole express purpose of denying something to others. They feed off of frustration and drama. They’ll spout ridiculous or loaded lines to stoke the flame wars on the forums, and the High Elf debate was always a pretty charged one that even to this day remains easy to provoke. I imagine it was the same way when Blizzard announced adding Blood Elves to the Horde. There were players who just kept going, “No,” purely because they knew there were people excited to play Blood Elves.

So, yeah. I imagine you’ll still find some of the old Hardcore Horde crowd who still don’t want Blood Elves anywhere near their precious Horde, but overall, the Horde has been inundated by so many Blood Elves, that they’re a minority at this point. Again, that is my speculation.

Honestly, I think at this point most players don’t even care about their faction’s racial make-up. Too many poor choices on Blizzard’s part. People are numb to this sh*t.

One of the worst things in the warcraft community is people asking to remove things from the game.

You are not more important than someone who wants the options. Stop thinking you are special.

Or can we start removing stuff you like that someone else doesn’t?

3 Likes

Blood Elven identity has just repeatedly been stripped away and shared. Race has little in uniqueness at this point

1 Like

These were the ones I was referring to, though thats because…

As you say we know nothing about the rest of the options.

I was working with what we had info on.

We need just a little bit more lore in Telogrus Rift and all that could easily be dealt with. Though Ideally we’d get a lot more lore and more time showing us involved with void related things elsewhere…

2 Likes

I disagree.

We need a LOT more lore in the Telogrus Rift as well as a massive facelift to it to make it a proper hub rather than a few tents and pools of cosmic koolaid. Ideally, we’d get an entire novel developing the Void Elves into a proper race, because I highly doubt Blizzard will ever devote the time and resources to developing them in game, or else they’d have done so in the expansion they were introduced to begin with.

It needs a little more lore to be bare minimum and explain some things is more what I meant.

We definitely could use a lot more. I’ve outlined before my desires for each of the five or so islands there and the ways I’d like to see the story of those islands advance.

And they need to STOP putting lore outside of the game.

3 Likes

Again, I disagree. It needs a LOT more to be bare minimum, and an entire novel AT THE LEAST to bring it up to where other races are.

The implementation of Void Elves was a travesty, and players deserve better. I appreciate there are those whom like this race as is, but I’m just not that sort of player. I expect better of a playable race. I’m not willing to settle for a handful of crumbs when it comes to a race players can play as, and I’m certainly not okay spraying an extra coat of purple on the Void Elves to cover up the spots that didn’t get hit with that initial lazy spray.