Remove natural velf options

I agree Void Elves should have more void options instead of trying to turn them into discount High Elves.

Blizzard should just give the Alliance High Elves (and the Horde the vampire elves) and let Void Elves be Void Elves.

6 Likes

I find funny how people are bashing void elves and no nelf players is bashing nightborne, they literally The same thing as well.

Its hilarius

6 Likes

The point is to play a character that looks like a blood elf but on Alliance instead of Horde. I really don’t care about the void theme at all; if I wanted to look like a tentacle monster I could do it through transmog.

If Highmountain Tauren were Alliance then it would actually be a great suggestion, and people would be stupid to get butthurt about it

1 Like

If you think this, I don’t think you’ve ever seen a nightborne :grimacing:

7 Likes

People think they’re the same but I’m willing to bet I could import both models into a 3d program and they’ll be different.

2 Likes

I have warlock one. And its the same skeleton, its and elf, that was a nelf, that now is skinny and have only 3 faces.

Its a night elf, that needs more faces

2 Likes

High elves are a thing in the setting. ‘Blood Elves’ that stuck with the Alliance that aren’t fel-corrupted like their blood-elf counterparts. A lot of people wanted to be able to play as them. This customization option gives them a way to, there’s nothing wrong or bad about that. It’s been in high demand and now it’s here.

As an active roleplayer on a roleplay server, I’ve seen a lot of people who’ve wanted to RP high elves now being able to freely do so. It’s been nice for them. More customization options are almost never bad unless they’re immersion-breaking in some way. Making your void elf into a high elf instead doesn’t at all qualify. It doesn’t negatively affect anyone who isn’t interested, it’s only a positive for people who are.

But yes, I made a void elf recently on my RP server and I have no desire to make her a high elf. I want her as voidy as possible, personally. More options along those lines would be good, but that doesn’t mean the natural options are a problem.

23 Likes

I mean even without doing that you can see how disgusting nightborne look and well, night elves don’t look like that :laughing:

You’re right more options are better, but the right ones. Natural options aren’t the right ones.

The point is that the corruption is what sets them apart from helves like how the antlers set the HM apart from the bloodhooves.

Stop focusing on the lore logistics, that’s not the point.

That’s the helfers problem

ARs aren’t meant to be the fix to cross faction play. Blizz should have dug their heels in a gave the finger to helf fans and stuck to their guns on making them go horde of they wanna play a pale elf.

Void should be void. You can’t always have your cake and eat it to. Player races need tegrity in their themes and lore. Having pale velves is like having green maghar.

4 Likes

Yes but people like to claim they’re the same when they are not.

2 Likes

Sounds like it’s your problem since you’re getting all twisted up about how other people customize their characters.

18 Likes

I’d be totally for more void options for void elves. The stranger the better!

I’ve no desire to make my void elf alt look like a blood elf… that’s what I’ve got this character for.

2 Likes

No I’m getting twisted about blizz diluting a void race with none void options for the sake of some rp helfer’s mental gymnastics.

I’ll say it again, imagine if people asked for green skin maghar because they wanna be green time traveling orcs.

Or imagine NBs with minor night we’ll exposure and end up looking like vanilla nelves.

It’s craps on the lore integrity of the races.

7 Likes

If you don’t like the non-void options…don’t use them?

I personally think Troll and Tauren Paladins are dumb, so guess what? I don’t play a Troll or Tauren Paladin.

17 Likes

Considering they are giving more natural hair styles somethings tells me you are in the wrong and I expect the longer WoW last, the more customization they will give void elves that look like high elves. Heck, they might just give up and just give us high elves for the Alliance already and be done with the mess that is void elves.

5 Likes

Tauren and troll pallies are explained perfectly in the lore.

There is no lore justification to make a freaking VOID elf look like a vanilla helf.

The only one is alleria and that’s because her transformation to a velf was completely unique.

Again, imagine people requesting green skinned maghar. It goes against the entire concept of maghar just like how pure elves goes against their freaking namesake.

Like this is common sense.

12 Likes

Nightborne looking like vanilla nelves would be bad because nelves aren’t a part of the Horde in lore, and that actually would crap on the integrity of the lore if you suddenly had a bunch of them running around.

Green maghar and high-elves don’t have the same problem. Green orcs exist in the Horde. Maybe someone wants to be like a normal orc but likes the maghar racials more? They now have an ability to play a normal orc with the racial they want. High elves have an even more compelling reason to be a customization option, because it also allows the player to play a race that has already existed in the Alliance that they wouldn’t have been able to otherwise.

This doesn’t crap on the lore integrity of the races, I don’t get how it does. The group in the game who cares most about that has regarded these options incredibly positively, as well. You’re looking at this in a strange way. When someone customizes their void elf with natural options, just look at them like a high elf instead of some impossibly natural void elf. It’s not hard.

7 Likes

Are you high? Maghar literally means uncorrupted. Which means no green skin.

Apply that to void elves and pale skin…

How is that not crapping on the lore.

1 Like

To be honest, I wouldn’t mind some of our not-from-an-alternate-universe mag’har options on baseline orcs.

I’d also like to see some night elf options on nightborn, specifically hair and skin color with unique tattoos, jewelry, and mana highlights.

But at the end of the day, I just like customizations.

3 Likes

Blizzard could literally just make one up, or you could use your imagination

5 Likes