Remove natural velf options

Blizzard has caved to their whining twice. They’ve learned now that they can throw a tantrum and get whatever they want so they’re going to keep making demands.

9 Likes

The problem is it’s never enough. It’s not enough that blood elf players have gained literally nothing in this exchange of their options just being grandfathered into void elves over. And over. And over. And it’s tiring. We are the only race in the game which has had to continuously give our options to the void elves.

The pandaren are neutral before people start keyboard warrior-ing and acting like that means anything. A neutral and openly stated neutral race from the beginning is not the same thing as a Horde race (read: HORDE) being forced to give an Alliance race on the other faction all of their options over and over again when blood elves didn’t even get that good of customization in the initial wave of changes. We certainly didn’t get the kind of love night elves and orcs did. And it’s good they got so much love but other races should have received the same quality.

And before other people bring up the nightborne, the nightborne have a change in model / skeleton which is obvious in their idle and some other animations. If the void elves had received the same treatment, I would be infinitely less pissed about this whole situation.

I am tired of my race being taken out back and mugged for all of their options and then being given to another faction’s race. It is annoying beyond balls.

40 Likes

They’ll always still be void elves because they’re still bound to the void, as seen by their racials constantly flaring up in combat.

However, yeah… it’s very clear that the new options are designed to appeal to Alliance high elf aesthetic fantasies. So they’re high elves in practice, but void elves in canon.

5 Likes

If we want more then we have to incessantly whine like petulant children on the forums until we get what we want.

12 Likes

Let me point you towards the Original Void Elf: Alleria Windrunner. Go take a look at her. No Void unless she’s actively using her powers. She’s actively helping make/train more Void Elves. Along with the being that turned her in to the very first Void Elf.

33 Likes

Oh - I’m wholeheartedly expecting them to retcon away Void Elves and just straight up rename the race to High Elves. And they’ll probably put in some quick quest with Alleria to explain why they changed the name. That’s what I’ve come to expect from the current creative team.

4 Likes

And the baffling thing is that, for the Horde’s most popular race, the Blood elves really did get absolute jack when it came to new exclusive customizations.

Like, sure, give the void elves a few “natural” hair colors. But you’ve got to give the blood elves something interesting beyond ear sizes and jewelry. Felblood elf and dark ranger customizations are sitting right there!

As it stands, the only things that will differentiate blood elves from void elves will be certain exclusive eye colors (I think only the yellow/gold ones), some hair styles, and jewelry that isn’t even visible most of the time.

Maybe this is just my Alliance bias talking, but unless you deeply care about the paladin and demon hunter classes, it’s looking like void elves are showing up the blood elves to a monumental degree.

22 Likes

No clue how people like blood elves, they became the horde version of humans at the end of TBC and all the life was sucked out of their races story right then and there at fury of the sunwell. But yea if you’re a fan I guess it must suck to see your entire race given to an AR lol.

I have one word for you…

“No”

8 Likes

They are and they now have a complete second theme all their own they can do whatever they want with. No other race has that. They were the exception when the first round of customizations were coming out and everybody was hoping allied races would get more love, to which they were told no but void elves got so much. And now they’re an exception again. It is irritating.

20 Likes

As much as I dislike many of the creative choices the story team makes, I really don’t see this happening.

Think of what that would require. A literal retcon of the void elves would result in half of their customization options, their heritage armor, and their racial mount all getting Thanos snapped out of existence. There is no universe where that massive amount of content getting removed goes over well with the community.

1 Like

They didn’t separate beard and mustache like they did for other races.

They didn’t give us tattoos/paint.
They didn’t even give us scars when our leader has scars.

Meanwhile void elves are taking all our stuff because aLlErIa IsN’t PuRpLe.

18 Likes

Nah it’s literally because High Elves have been like one of THE most frequently represented races in the Alliance ever, and yet have not ever been playable. They had a a major presence in:

• The Burning Crusade: (Allerian Stronghold)
  • Wrath of the Lich King: (The Silver Covenant, in Dalaran and at the Argent Tournament)
  • Cataclysm: (Prelude to Zul’Aman)
  • Mists of Pandaria: (Purge of Dalaran and the Isle of Thunder)
  • Legion: (Literal armies of them in patch 7.1, leading up to the liberation of Suramar)

They’ve legit seen more in game representation than many of the actual playable races of the Alliance…

And yet they’re not playable.

Now people can finally play a race, on allyside, that looks like High Elves. I think that’s a win.

And frankly it’s not actually lorebreaking from a “void elf” perspective. Their literal faction leader, Alleria Windrunner, has pale skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair.

I hope we don’t get Paladins honestly. Paladins were never a cultural mainstay of the High Elf community - there’s one or two here and there sure. But the Blood Knight order is, and always has been, unique to the Sin’dorei.

32 Likes

Void Elves aren’t taking anything from you. They are copying you, theres a difference.

For real though, I don’t see the issue with Void Elves getting natural hair colors. A friendly reminder to you all that the co-leader has blonde hair and certain NPC’s have pitch black hair.

20 Likes

Some of these might be interesting.

4 Likes

Hmm I like this. I hope they would consider some night elf customization for nightborne now! I would love many of the night elf hair colors, skin tones, and hairstyles on nightborne too. Would be nice.

If not night elf hair colors then undead hair colors would be nice for nightborne, and undead night elf customization would be cool for nightborne or forsaken.

2 Likes

I’ll never understand why more choices would be a bad thing.

And no, I am not saying that because I am a velf. I quite like the void look and would remain the same, or my skin would have been changed by now. I just think that for the ones who would like more options, it can’t possibly hurt anything other than reasons.

11 Likes

I agree. Blood Elves should get Void Elf hairstyles and facial hair styles as compensation for what they are losing.

And scars and tattoos.

17 Likes

And you’re comparing void corruption to a demigod blessing.

That’s chess vs checkers at this rate

2 Likes

Because the parent race can’t be played on the same faction is the obvious answer.

2 Likes