Remove natural velf options

I mean we kind of knew that was coming in 8.1. Blizzard basically said that raid gear in Dazar’alor was largely made to look nice to justify raiding because you could get upgrades much easier through m+.

This ain’t even the best part either. We’re watching them flail about and throw literally everything out they think players want to pander. They dialed back on their “no new customization options” stance, they look like they’re prepping to drop a fresh Classic on us (Taking all bets, it launches November 23), and rushing out tier 5.

TBC is on fire, it’s very unlikely we’ll see it live to drop Wrath.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I think I’ve also posted this before too.

Tell us why some new races were added to World of Warcraft in the upcoming Burning Crusade expansion?

One reason for the Blood Elves choice was obviously looks. You’d be amazed how many people will not play the Horde based purely on the fact that they’re monstrous. So by giving an attractive race to the Horde, we feel like we’re opening a whole new part of the game to the people who wouldn’t experience that half of the game.

https://www.engadget.com/2006-08-11-exclusive-joystiq-interviews-wows-jeff-kaplan.html

1 Like

Okay, hear me out on this.

Maybe, just maybe, there’s a bunch of reasons why they chose to make Blood Elves Horde.

4 Likes

Well, honestly, it is actually really hard to say what the reason really is, because the one Tarrok linked is from an old WoW Dev who development was mostly around Warlocks, and the one I linked was from Jeff Kaplan, back when he was the lead dev for WoW in Vanilla.

Legit, I saw “HM” and thought you were talking about Hidden Machines in Pokémon. I now realize you mean “High Mountain.”

Listen, I’ve been up all damn night. Trying to reset my sleep schedule. ;c

1 Like

https://www.lby3.com/2005/10/29/blizzcon-chris-sigaty-explores-the-lore-of-warcraft/

Blood Elves were chosen as the Horde expansion race in the Burning Crusade because designers were thrilled with how well Samwise had redesigned the classic wood elves with the night elves. And they knew that, “one day, high elves are going to have to get a facelift, too.

“I don’t think anyone has abused high elves to this degree,” Metzen said.

Players surprised that the Blood Elves would have any interest in joining the Horde don’t know everything that’s going to lead the groups to joining up.

“Magic is absolutely corrupting. You shouldn’t play with it.” In the wake of the destruction of the Sunwell, the high elves of Quel’Thalas turned to demonic sources of magical energy to feed their magical addiction (which was thanks to thousands of years of constant exposure to magic, even for the high elves who didn’t practice magic themselves). But messing with “fel energy” is scary stuff, and it frightened the other races in the Alliance. “Dwarves and humans don’t want to hang around them. They’re not returning their phone calls.”

But the Blood Elves “could care less, they’re going to do whatever they have to do.” And thrilled by this new, seemingly endless supply of powerful magical energy, the Blood Elves have a unique take on the shattered planet of Draenor, now known as Outland. “They view Outland as an Eden. … Their homeland is great, but Outland is where their destiny is.”

The Blood Elves will leverage their relationship with Sylvanas, leader of the Forsaken and the former Ranger-General of Quel’Thalas. And more importantly, the Blood Elves will not come to the Horde, hat in hand.

“The Blood Elves are going to bring something to the table the Horde can’t do without.”

Plus it reduces the likelihood of Silver Covenant High Elves even more than it already is.

-gives OP a big hug and a cookie-

There’s no winning this battle. I just hope Blizzard sees our views too and still add /some/ corruption to the natural hair colours.

1 Like

So what I want velf paladins with void powers

Its a new low for the game. I urge others to not group with any as I would if I was on alliance. Terrible work once again makers!

I would like Blizzard to remove the race/faction combo system they currently have and let someone make any race for either faction. Every race in the game has supporters in the other faction via npcs.

We are a misfit faction and you only play them if you can’t stand the casual player experience where everyone has to be a human. Most Blood Elf-players play them for the looks and not the “story” or “lore”…

It is also no coincidence how much the Horde has grown since the introduction of beauty characters. And I think no other Horde race until the Nightborne hits a nerve with our players.

No, it was not done exclusively for the Asian culture but they are the biggest market.

No.

4 Likes

What you want doesn’t and can’t exist.

This is the entitled problem I have here every body. Everyone thinks their little headcannons should be added to the game. Lore be damned.

Next we have people asking for death druids for forsaken players.

Excuse me!
das my job…
/snatches bottle and squirts the elf who wants void elf pallys

1 Like

Oh. Sorry. Hands spray bottle over.

1 Like

I totally agree. I don’t want Void Elves to share any other likenesses with Blood Elves!

1 Like

They’re already issuing new demands in their pure blonde haired blue eyed elf crusade.

• Blood Elf hairstyles.
  • Paladins.
  • Blood Elf jewelry.

I’ve also seen demands for Silvermoon many times but I think right now it’s mostly fictitious, for now.

Fortunately, it’s not up to you to decide what players demand for your favorite race. Pandas were supposed to be Alliance and the horde has one exactly the same. So it’s fair to give the Void elves maximum customization.

Uhhh, one of the founders of Org was a pandaren so that argument stands on shaky ground.

4 Likes