Remove natural velf options

So anti-belfers can demand them too.

So what you are saying is that I’m not allowed to care about aesthetics but you are.

Okay Jan.

Can’t we all just get over the fact that we all have different opinions on what we feel is important in game, and none of us are objectively right, nor is anyone a bad person for their game design opinions? Unique races or shared aesthetics it’s all just taste and it’s all different and that’s ok. No one is more righteous for thinking that giving something to everyone is better than giving everyone their own unique thing.

5 Likes

Actually, my last name is Wright. So I’m always Wright.

And my last name is Hungarian, so usually no one ever spells it right

2 Likes

That’s pretty jokable too.

yeah, but there’s only like 20 some people with my last name in the US, so I’m a little wary about using it

1 Like

It makes people more happy.

1 Like

I hope not, right isn’t a very hungarian last name.

Then they wouldn’t be paladins…

Paladins aren’t priests. They’re strictly light zealots, not void.

But didn’t you know? They all want to be special snow flakes. You’d think people would be more concerned about blizzard developing more content than reskinning a race to look like one that’s already in game.

1 Like

The more customization option we have, the better the game is.

If it’s okay for your immersion/character to be different than my immersion/character, then it’s also okay for mine to be different than yours.

5 Likes

Void Elves were always meant to be High Elves and Blizzard’s super clever work around for the lore to avoid another retcon and previous statements.

I think everyone knew over time they’d inch them to just being blood elves if they updated character creation so they could give people high elves, but not technically high elves.

For some idiotic reason, the people wanting High Elves had the brilliant logic that nobody plays Alliance because Horde has blood elves so if they had blood elves then faction imbalance would be solved. Instead they’re looking for a new excuse that is anything except “nobody really likes playing Alliance, be that the races, the racials, the players, etc.” I tried being Alliance in BFA for all of 8.0. Couldn’t do it anymore. The players are the whiniest brats imaginable.

I mean, if you still had the half of the playerbase you’ve lost since 9.0 launched then that would be the case. The people playing WoW now are disproportionately the people that are very invested into their characters and place customization options and cosmetics as a higher importance than a raid tier. I think anyone serious about actual PvE content has already quit the game aside from people who clear it so slowly they don’t notice a lull, or world first racers who have careers built on playing the game. They realized with the 7 months to 9.1 that this expansion was going to suck and chose to not bother.

More options are good, they just shouldn’t be selling points or huge resource investments worth of content. They’re just desperately trying to cater to the people that think their WoW avatar has to be the person they either wish they were, or would want to have as their soulmate IRL since that’s really the only people playing anymore.

1 Like

I’m glad someone pointed this out otherwise I would have done it.
While everyone can use all the customization options as it pleases them, the glowing yellow eyes are linked with the Blackhand Clan exclusively. In other words, you have several clans/races/etc shoved into one race. Mag’har, Frostwolf, the one I always forget and Blackhand.

This is also the reason why the race has all three heritage armor sets unlocked.

To be fair, the Blood Elves are the most played Horde-race though. The Blood Elves caused the change in the first place as well. They were added for Asians to be a playable race as you know and their impact lasted until this day. I can see where they are coming from and why people want them “back”…

I mean, the first part is true but the second part is false. The game didn’t really swing too heavily to one faction until very late into TBC when Belf Paladins were the only way you were ever raiding as a Ret Paladin. People swapped to Blood Elves yes, but they did not swap because “Omg blood elves!”

The factions were relatively balanced until Cataclysm, which everyone saw coming because PvE trinkets were getting way too out of hand and EMFH was busted. Coupled with the fact all the arena pros were Horde on live but always were Human for tournaments and finally managed to consolidate all the good players on one server in Wrath. First it was Cho’gall, then they all moved to Blackrock. Cata came out, they all decided Tich Alliance and were gone in a flash. The only thing saving Horde was Troll racial for PvE. Game was Alliance dominant outside of the world first sphere until Legion. Once they gimped racials enough to not really matter too much anymore except in weird niches like trolls on Jaina people just played Horde because everyone worth their salt played Horde.

Then you saw a massive bleed out over three expansions because the only reason people generally played Alliance in this game were the busted racials. People went Human in Vanilla, Classic, and even all over private servers specifically because human sword racial was ridiculous. Paladin blessings were much better for a DPS. Windfury was good, but it wasn’t a 30% permanent threat reduction coupled with 10% to all primary stats and a lot of bonus attack power all while fighting raid bosses as yellow mobs on a melee level good. (While technically with decent RNG it did do a slight bit more damage, the fact your dps never had to throttle was what made Alliance so strong in an era when threat actually kind of matters a lot.)

That was Pandaren.

See the above factors why Alliance is dead. Primarily the point that everyone worth their salt went Horde, and anybody remaining still worth their salt on Alliance moves over as well because there’s a noticeable disparity when it comes to options for clearing content. Horde can have 25 raid pugs going on at once, Alliance will have like 7.

Had to use the link several times the past days:

I will come back to you later. Going to play a bit before work starts.

1 Like

He’s doing the thing people do where they take a statement from a dev years after the fact that he vaguely remembered some poll as the only true reason blood elves happened.

Think I’ve posted this at least once afterwards before.

2 Likes

You’re correlating a common concern among players at the time that the Horde females were all butch looking or ugly races, and a poll of Asian players that said they wanted a more feminine race to justify playing Horde and saying that Blood Elves were made to cater to Asians. . . Like the only remotely attractive looking races on Horde then were undead females. You might be able to make an argument for Tauren looking pretty and being very feminine, but it’s a giant cow which rubs people the wrong way.

These are two completely different matters entirely that you’re treating as a singular entity. Everyone knew that Blood Elves were meant to have a feminine Horde race that didn’t look like they belonged in that Cow and Chicken Biker Gang that broke into houses and ate the carpet like orc or troll females.

It just wasn’t strictly done for Asian players, it was a poll among Asians that carried a pretty common request from players across the world at the time.

Blizzard’s taking one out of Bioware’s playbook by making the majority of armor/equipment/weapons as cosmetic appearances only. On one hand, that isn’t going to end too well for the game’s future development. On the other, it’s definitely creating a steady stream of revenue that they can take to their investors and keep fooling them into believing the current state of wow is still a profitable market. Eventually, a company engaging in such deceptive tactics against both their customers and investors will implode on itself from internal strife…oh wait, that’s already happening. coughs pending lawsuit coughs