Remove natural velf options

Doesn’t matter, she raises a good point. The dwarves are divided into 3 clans Bronzebeard, Wildhammer, and Dark Iron.

The PC Dwarf is a part of the Bronzebeard clan yet they have the option for Wildhammer tattoos. Why make a separate race out of something with such a minimal difference when you can add it as a customization to the existing race?

5 Likes

Blood Elf is by far the worst race on Horde to begin with.

I’ll be short and frank, be happy Blizzard are giving more customisation options after saying they’d stop for Shadowlands.

No one is forcing you to pick a Void Elf with Natural options, play one as Voidy as you like.

More options are great and I’m glad to see they going down this road.

Will I play as one?, no. But for those who want it it’s good to finally see Blizzard listening to the community.

6 Likes

It’s demands. Usually with the typical prolonged anti-belfer tantrum.

So what? Who cares? Let them call their toon whatever they wish. If they wish to call their toon goopity gonk, i wouldn’t get on the forums and demand them to be the race they be. You know how much of a jerk i would come across if i did that? If i hop on the internet and tell blizzard “Stop giving these people options, because I HAVE a problem with them, they don’t fit with how i view the lore and such”?.. :confused:

6 Likes

Wildhammer should have been an AR. Their culture and racials and the heritage mount and armor all would have well been worth it.

But most of all they don’t fit with many of the bronzebeard classes.

Wildhammer don’t like magic. They wouldn’t have Warlocks or mages. They also don’t really have Paladins.

Instead they could have had Druid something they’ve soft had in lore before. (Its non-canon now though.)

Wildhammer are also more important in the Alliance’s history. They were the first clan to join the Alliance and are the reason we even have gryphons.

A massive lost opportunity.

Also soft lore on them says they’re taller and lankier than their cousins. (Also no longer canon though.)

8 Likes

Eh… I disagree.

If we didn’t have Dark irons I’d be all aboard! An Airy, more naturally rugged dwarf would have been really cool! I’d have certainly rolled one. However with Dark Irons (Which are very cool as well) I don’t feel like we need a third Dwarf race. I’m cool with just the tats added to regular dwarves.

Hypothetically though, if I got my way, we would have had Wildhammer dwarves instead of Dark Iron, and Dark iron would be the Customization options for regular dwarfs.

You’re treating this as if it’s some sort of war. As if the people who wanted natural/high elf options are in any way a threat to the blood elf race, when they aren’t even losing anything. :confused:

Oh no, a velf has belf options! :scream: /s

So what? Draenei has some LFD options, NB has some Nelf options, even Blood elves has some of the human and draenei hair styles. Shared customizations aren’t an unheard of thing, and if it’s not a problem with the other races, why would it be here then? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Meh, the only difference between them and Bronzebeards are tattoos.

Why make a separate dwarf race with tattoos and limited class options when you can just give the tattoos to the already existing dwarf race?

More often than not those people hate Blood Elves and have ill will and ill intentions towards Blood Elves and their players because they’re salty the Blood Elves went Horde back in BC.

This is why I call them anti-belfers—because they are.

3 Likes

Weebs. They’re bronzebeards who are wildhammer weebs.

Based on what? :man_shrugging:

Based on not wanting to play as them or not wanting to play on the horde, or just want to play high elves? Because that’s not hatred.

How’s wanting high elf options on void elves is ill wil land ill intentions? You’re seriously thinking way too deep here my friend. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You. are. literally. being. upset. over. character. customizations. :neutral_face:

I really hate to pull “it’s just optional” card, but that’s what character customizations is. I’m sorry you can’t accept this, but believe you me, i was in the same position as you were with Gnome Hunters once upon a time. Then i just stopped because it just ultimately didn’t mattered in the end, plus Legion pretty much made me stop caring about the lore…

3 Likes

Do you play on a roleplay server?

I really dont think this will affect you as much as it will make, like, 20 people really happy.

Gonna be real with you here. If you surveyed everyone who dislikes blood elfs and their players and created a list of all the reasons in order of frequency. The fact that blood elves went horde in BC wouldn’t break the top 5.

I would elaborate further but that’s getting into very mean territory.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting 15 years for proper Wildhammer. Was so happy when ARs came out.

So its a bit personal for me. lol (biased is maybe a better word)

Personally though I think all subraces and cultures should be their own AR’s… just without the massive grinds to get them.

I honestly would have given us all four clans.

Bronzebeard being the Core race of course, with DID and Wildhammer being released together, and later the Frost Dwarves from Wrath.

The more time goes on the more I want them to just put together that subrace system some folk pass around… at least that way everyone gets a little bit of what they want.

As I mentioned above, the tattoos are only part of it. They easily could have made them lankier and changed them up a bit.

Its the classes that really hurt and the lack of their Stormhammer and gryphon racials.

What we have now isn’t Wildhammer. Its just bronzebeards with tattoos.

They hate blood elves because they weren’t added to the alliance in BC.

They express anti Blood Elf sentiments. They tone police Pro-Belf players and try to control what we ask for. They’ve even expressed transphobic remarks at me personally because I’m pro-Belf. They’ve even disingenuously made up lists of stuff they wanted for Belf customizations while not including popular requests because they hate Blood Elves and don’t want them to get things. For example, tattoos.

How’s wanting High Elves on the alliance, hating?.. Or is this a sort of “they are envious” argument you’re trying to use here?..

Like? :thinking:

Okay, like what?

I’m sorry for what happened to you and nobody should be a subject of transphobia ever for anything.

Okay, you keep using the phrase “they hate blood elves”, but i’m not seeing the hatred against blood elves here. It sounds like to me that there’s some people out there who wanted some customization options for blood elves that don’t happen to line up with what the population wanted as a whole. That’s not hatred or disingeniousiness. You haven’t even pointed out how it’s that…

I mean even if there are Belf haters as you said, don’t you think they will reject the high elf options they are given for their velfs then? :man_shrugging:

Hatred is not wanting what they have, hatred is wanting nothing to do with what they have.

Speaking for myself? I don’t hate Blood Elves.

They were my favorite race out of WC3. When BC launched, I didn’t care they were on the Horde, I was just happy to be able to play my favorite race. Played Blood Elves through BC, Wrath, and Cata. I took a break for MoP because Cata really disenfranchised me with the story. I came back for WoD and suddenly I found I wasn’t really enjoying my Blood Elves anymore. It was hard to put my finger on why for a while, but eventually it came to me.

I love Blood Elves. I don’t enjoy being Horde.

Horde content became draining on me. I couldn’t log onto my Blood Elves without feeling an extreme sense of lethargic that made me log off and take a three hour nap. So, I started playing my Alliance alts more, and my enjoyment of the game returned to something acceptable.

To this day, I will say that Blood Elves are the true heirs to Quel’Thalas; High Elves nor Void Elves have any rights or claims to it. I do want to see more Blood Elf content. I can’t play it because Horde just drains me, but I like seeing things going well for Blood Elves.

I like High Elves. I did as far back as Vanilla. I thought it was interesting Blizzard was using them at all. It added a certain subtlety to the lore for Blood Elves and High Elves that I really liked, a new layer of tragedy to an already sad tale. I also found them endearing in Wrath, felt their perspectives were flawed but justified.

Naturally when I stopped playing Horde, I’d have played a High Elf as the other side of the coin, if I could’ve. Just a pity with Allied Races, we didn’t get that.

3 Likes

You’re intentionally not reading what I wrote. I’m not answering any of your disingenuous anti-belfer questions until you read what I actually wrote and comprehend it. Your dishonest behavior and attempts at gaslighting me for calling anti-belfers what they are isn’t going to work.

Disingenuous. All anti-belfers hate belves. It’s the cornerstone of their being.

1 Like

That what i was doing, because you wern’t going much into detail or pointing out how or why it’s bad to want high elves on the alliance so i had to ask some questions to get a better understanding. But apparently that’s anti-belfer behavior now. :confused: