Remove natural velf options

And somehow that means I think they shouldn’t get it if they did ask for it?

That’s a rather large leap. If people ask for void options then they should get those as well. I have literally never seen anyone asking for it though, while I have seen thousands of posts asking for natural hair colors.

There is a whole thread for it. And sorry if you weren’t part of it, but I’ve seen a lot of people who want to turn void elves into high elves denying the existence of people who think the void theme is interesting.

2 Likes

I really doubt you actually care about the lore when you make statements like this.

High elves are on the alliance, they’ve been around since Vanilla (With hilariously bad models) There is nothing lore breaking about someone making a Void elf and pretending they’re a High elf.

It genuinely feels like you just don’t want this change out of spite.

9 Likes

They’re fine because of their explanation. They’re undead so channeling the light hurts them thus they’re being of will power.

There’s no reason why a void elf wouldn’t look like a void elf or why a maghar orc would have green skin.

Get it?

I can’t say I’ve seen this. I haven’t seen anyone suggesting blue skin or blue hair be removed from Void Elves, leaving only the High Elf options. I’ve never seen anyone saying Umbric should be made to have fleshy colored skin and blond hair. I’ve never seen anyone suggesting the Void Elf recruitment scenario be scrapped and replaced with a High Elf one, or their heritage armor deleted and replaced with a High Elf one, or their mounts.

How are they denying the existance who think the void theme is interesting? They aren’t denying anybody anything. :laughing:

You can have both high elf options and have these cool interesting void elf options. I mean seriously, you guys act like we can’t have both, when in reality, we do have both. Nothing being taken away. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Except you’re not playing a high elf you’re playing a velf.

The horse has taunka forces but it wouldn’t make sense to have blood good tauren suddenly have taunka faces.

So then you cant say its not magic corruption if you have to assume with absolutely nothing to back it up.

All other eye glows however are from magic corruption why would those orcs be any different?

Its a flaw in your argument, and your arguing against void elf options based on the same thing. You arent even a void elf so why do you care? It doesnt break anything since there can be different levels of corruption. You keep pointing at the name like it is of any real significance though they arent losing their void powers. There are different levels of corruption. Orcs kept their green skin but lost their red glow, so why cant void elves while learning to control the void better get their corruption under control as well and look less corrupted?

There are plenty of reasons. We see that Alleria is still able to retain her non-corrupted form out of combat.

So the PC Void Elves could have been one of the High Elves who went to the rift to study and gained void powers.

Or, the transformation didn’t have that big of an affect on them aside from removing the fel tint from their eyes.

It was much more a thing closer to the ARs launching. blanket declarations that no one wanted or like void elves and stuff like that. And I’ve definitely continued to see calls to get rid of void elves and make it high elves in the last few days.

1 Like

So? Who actually cares what race you “technically” are?

You can say the same thing about Dwarves getting wildhammer options. Yet nobody cared because they don’t have pointy ears and some of the cattiest fans in existence.

It doesn’t break lore, let them have it.

3 Likes

Can you stop…

Maghar are maghar because they don’t have fel corruption. F E L

What part of that don’t u get?

Of course cus those are just tattoos on wildhammer weeks who are bronzebeards

I said that already

See. Said that before you did as well.

I see you are a troll now though because most of that last post of mine was talking about void elves that you conveniently ignored.

1 Like

What I saw back then was, "What the heck, Blizzard? We wanted High Elves! No one asked for Void Elves!" Its worth pointing out, that’s true. No one asked for Void Elves. They never existed until five minutes before their recruitment scenario ended. They were never seeded into the lore. No one could have possibly imagined such an insane thing that was so heretical to everything we’ve ever known about Thalassian elves.

Speaking for myself, what I’ve seen in the last few days have been sarcastic (or I hope sarcastic, the internet can make it hard to tell) comments from people who didn’t want Void Elves to get more High Elf options such as, “Well, geez, why even bother having Void Elves anymore?! Just get rid of them and give these whiny little babies their precious High Elves!”

I’m just slightly annoyed they only ever seem to give elf players stuff. Im sure every race has at least one thing they want added to their race but oh the only ones we are gonna listen to is the elf players.

Yet. Trust me, it is coming.

I’ve seen anti-belfers/anti-velfers demand that the void elf racial be changed so they can have their ary elf fantasy.

I’ve seen anti-belfers/anti-velfers demand Blood Elf hairstyles, paladins, and Silvermoon to help with their ary elf fantasy.

3 Likes

Rather than try to decipher what you’re saying here, allow me to just change a few words.

Of course cus those are just hair dyed high elf weeks who are void elves

Gosh, i don’t know tahonto, the priest seem to have some magic and abilties that i wouldn’t say are …not channeling in a lore sense. I mean turning into some sort of angel if they die?.. I mean isn’t THAT channeling the light in you?..

And yet you think void elves being high elf sometimes is lorebreaking somehow… :thinking:

I don’t know why there need to be one, especially since you think it’s perfectly okay for an elf who is in tune with nature would be running around with mohawks.

But here’s possible explanation that blizzard would add. The void elf better learns to control their void to conceal their real selves and live among with the normal high elves, and when the time is right, they unleash their true selves.

I’ve seen more requests than demands. I myself would like to see the Void Form completely customizable with things like different hues/textures for the overlay, photo negative hair color, voidwalker-esque auras, etc… and included in all that, I would also like to see an option to completely turn off the visual effect of Entropic Embrace so that when it procs there isn’t a distracting overlay on your character.

I also want a cosmetic racial for Void Elves so they can toggle their Void Form (entropic embrace) visual to be constantly on or off, rather than only lasting for a couple of seconds every other minute when in combat only.

2 Likes