Remove natural velf options

To bring in a bigger perspective. These topics have been linked on reddit, MMO-champion and in various smaller forums several times. Plenty of people follow these discussions and the sentiment in the current reddit topic is positive towards the customization options for the Void Elves while criticizing it as an emergency break the glass situation.

3 Likes

Kinda liked the old voice, to quote Umbric:

1 Like

It’s such an easy fix, though! Need quick content to quell some players? All they have to do is copy, paste, export, and go on lunch break.

And I think blueberry void elves would look really cute with brown hair. @Herne :slight_smile:

4 Likes

7 Likes

I’m still looking forward to the Highmountain updates. Moose Tauren are a great concept and I love the uniqueness of playing a female one but man, they got shafted.

5 Likes

not disagreeing with you on that, just sayin, alleria can go back and forth from non-void to void-form.

…also, ion does’nt like the idea of either-side getting straight-up high elves so… that’s definitely an onion in the cheesecake.

1 Like

Oh no, customization options… ahhhhh… :scream: /s

I do agree that void elves should get more customization options, in addition, not as a replacement, that play more into the idea of corrupted or void side of things. :slight_smile:

And that’s perfectly fine too. Blizzard is giving people what they want. :man_shrugging:

Isn’t that the sort of question you should’ve asked when they first launched? Make no mistake, i didn’t think void elves were different enough to warrant being an entire race. Though too be fair, the entire concept of allied races weren’t fully thought out. But Blizzard seemed to be having the idea of “Let’s have both” by putting in void elf customizations at launch, and use it as a platform for those who want high elves without going to the horde side.

Will they add more void elf customizations that go more into the void elf side of things? i don’t know. And quite frankly, i’m not going to say it’s bad that they are doing that. If i for whatever reason hate them, i just simply don’t use them.

Unless were talking about the most hardcore of High Elf fan, i would doubt they would care something like that it’s still a void elf. That doesn’t mean they lack the capacity to accept that, since Blizzard is pretty dodgy when it comes to High Elves, but many in it’s fandom would recognize void elves with natural skintones and hair colors would suffice.

Why not have both? :man_shrugging:

So? I mean if they actually do put the options in, i don’t see that as a bad thing. More options to customize your character is good atfer all.

Also, technically, there is such a thing as green skin maghar…

Imgur

To look like a high elf? Why they must play void elf to be a void elf? Heck, people were RPing high elves years ago before even, back in vanilla even.

Well i mean too be honest, it doesn’t have to be a normal looking gnome, the arms and legs can still be metallic, it just will be the same mesh the gnome has on their legs and arms, along with a few other bits and bobs to make it look good. Plus, again, more character customization options.

…Yeah… and so is the general playerbase as well.

If you hate the customizations so much… don’t use it. Blizzard isn’t putting a hand in your face and saying “You must play this void elf EXACTLY how we tell you too”. They are simply giving you more options for your player character to use. I mean i have a mohawk for the night elf males and you don’t see me complaining about it.

If you wish to play as a pure void elf, go for it man. Nobody is stopping you. Nobody is taking anything away from anybody.

And besides, lorewise we don’t even matter in the canon. Yes, we are champions of azeroth and will excel in anything that a major NPC can do, but for all intents and purposes, to Blizzard, were just generic soldiers, and can be easily replaced any time if they gosh darn wanted too. It does make me wonder how much people like you who advocate for no more options that doesn’t fit with their take of the lore if player characters aren’t even in the lore to begin with. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:thinking:

Yet void elves with both the void customization and natural customization proves otherwise.

Because it’s not?

Okay… so what? I don’t think people would care about what a tooltip says. Or if they do care, they would get a Roleplaying addon that replaces that with your own custom race name and class or something.

Have you never Roleplayed? People roleplaying outside of the “Laws” of the lore in this game is not uncommon or unheard of. And it’s certainly not problematic.

Again, people aren’t going to care about that. They would if they want too, but if they don’t care, that’s perfectly fine. You do you, i do i.

Yet i don’t see you complaining about Blood Elves having high elf options… :thinking:

Well it’s a bit late for that now, regular belves have what Alleria has so… :man_shrugging:

Why do you have problem with people roleplaying not as the race they choose as? Do you just hate people roleplaying? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I choose to make my Night elf demon hunter into a Nightborne, because in my headcanon for the character, one of his parents was a nightborne and he lived in suramar with his high elf brother.

And so are the people who are roleplaying their character as something they are not.

Yet you think it’s some sort of character flaw to do that, because they aren’t coming over to your side of thinking.

If it’s a mistake by blizzard, then people would recongize it as such. But it’s not. People like it. This is just simply your opinion.

So why are you trying to make it matter if too you, it doesn’t matter?

If it doesn’t matter, why make the thread then?

And people are litteraly fine with “belf crap” as you put it. I don’t think they would oppose the void customizations you’ve suggested as you are seeming to imply here. Most people are normal and they will gladly accept both here, because they know having more customization options literally hurts nobody.

Okay, i’m convinced you hate roleplaying. :confused:

The mate told you his story about his character and you’re like "WRONG!! "… acting like he can’t have that. like … Mate!.. seriously. Chill out. He’s ROLEPLAYING… in an RPG. People RP characters that aren’t what the game gives all the time. It happens. It’s normal. :confused:

Again, why not have both?

But most people just don’t care about that. And they can care whatever they darn well please.

People RP their characters as something they are not. This isn’t a problem as you seem to think it is.

You’re acting like customizations are a zero sum economy here and Blizzard has to make either/or the void elf or high elf customization, like we aren’t allowed to have both here, when in reality, they can easily make both to satisfy both fanbases here.

I do agree we should have more voidy options in addition to high elf/natural options. Not as a replacement. More customization options are good. I’m not going to campaign for to get less customization options because i dislike them and use the excuse of “the lore” when the lore in question, allows this.

Well that’s not authoritarian and manipulative sounding. /s :roll_eyes:

I see you’re not above the “We have high elf options, it’s called blood elves” meme. And you wonder why Blizzard is giving high elf options for Void elves and Blood elves.

Nice ad-hom. Also, Blood elves never lived in a mud hut anyways.

But how giving void elves a natural option takes away from the void options they have? Are people going to say “Well now i can’t play a void elf anymore!” even though they look like a void elf with customizations they picked and delete their character in protest because… Gasp, people have more customization options to choose from to make a character they wanted to?..

No.

What if people demanded night elf hairs on nightborne?
What if people demanded pandaren hairs on humans?
What if people demanded regular draenei customization on LFD?
What if people demanded zandalari troll hairs on regular trolls and vice versa?
What if people demanded regular orc racials on maghar races and vice versa?

See, we can do this whole “what if” scenario all day, people will mostly have the same response most likely. They just wouldn’t mind. They will gladly accept that if it means more customization options.

Plus, really, how much different are the allied races are from the base races besides the Kul’tirans, Zandalari trolls, Vulpera and Mechagnomes?.. They are for all intents and purposes, just glorifed character customizations with nothing of note added to differentiate them beside say for a few unique facial options or skin tints. I mean i’m not familiar with WoW, i couldn’t tell you what is a Lightforged and regular Draenei and so on, if the game takes the names away and only just left me the visuals.

Yes, it sounds cool. But again, you’re thinking that this has to be instead of Helf options, when we can easily have both.

You act like helfers wern’t asking for these options or the race for years…

Oh god, you’re doing the Console fanboy thing of “arguing whenever a console exclusive goes to PC”, that’s pretty bad when you have to use that same spirit for trying to gatekeep people from more customization options. :confused:

No no no, please tell me more how i’m not supposed to have and play Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC. I mean not have natural character customization options for void elves. /s :roll_eyes:

So we can’t have it be playable then? Is that your point? Unplayable things should stay unplayable because… why?..

Heh, i get it, shadow, void, heh.

But umm, nobody is asking you to be happy. It’s just people asking you to just ignore it if you hate it so much and just allow them to enjoy it that. Nobody is taking away your void options just because they have natural skintones and hairs and such.

Also, why you think void elves getting high elf options means the faction is in shambles? Void elves getting options like that doesn’t affect the faction in any way. If you think it does, then you would think it would do the same damage to the horde side with the blood elves.

But something tells me you’re not thinking of that… :thinking:

You know, i’ve already said enough how people would like and want both and how this isn’t some sort of ultimatum you’re making it out to be, so i’m just going to drop this here. :point_down:

So if a friend asked and we told them to play a void elf, that means… we shouldn’t have natural options for the void elf?.. …How does that make sense exactly?

To quickly comment on your other thread… Sure, i wouldn’t be opposed to that. Infact i support it. Blood elves can also have sanlyan, undead and even felblood options. More customization options are good after all. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

No , and i will ask for more options still because its not for you to decide anyway .

13 Likes

Nope. I will keep asking for natural void elf options because I want them.

11 Likes

no and hmm no it isnt diluting belfs at all they we have basic options being added that should have been added day 1 .

4 Likes

I didn’t read much of this but I think I was bull horns for void elves. That would be cool.

1 Like

sure let’s give void elves horns that’s dope. what are your opinion on hooves? I think they would be a great option.

1 Like

Also tails, just to piss off worgen players.

1 Like

also give void elves another unique racial that allows them to be the only race that can play music in game. It will be extensive letting them manually play multiple different instruments.

Just think of it as hair dye :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I wouldnt care if Maghar wanted green skin… go for it. I wouldnt care if Kul Tiran women had a buff option like the female Maldraxxian guards that use the same model. Or skinny Kul Tirans, or Void Elves that have control over the void, or Highmountain with bull horns.

2 Likes

…that would make me sooooo happy.

Maghar literally translates to uncorrupted, and it wouldn’t bother you…

Man lot of normies in this thread.

1 Like

Yeah, how dare people want more character customizations. Gosh darn normal people. /s :roll_eyes:

They need to be customizations that make sense…

Green skin for maghar would literally go against being a maghar.

The fact that it doesn’t bother some people shows their general lack of knowledge of the lore. Which means their opinions are worth jack.

3 Likes