Remove merc mode

As the title says, remove merc mode from battlegrounds.

If you choose to play horde, you deal with the long queues.

Merc mode is being abused and used as a means to troll. Almost every BG has horde on the alliance team that throw the game for laughs, and even announce it in chat. If you call them out on it and try to get everyone to win, they report you afk to get you kicked.

You chose the overpopulated faction, you should not be allowed to skip the line for BG only to ruin the experience for others.

84 Likes

Alliance in Warlords when they had long queues: “Add a mercenary mode so that we can play as the other faction and benefit from their short queue times.”

Alliance, today: “Oh, Horde has access to our idea now? Remove it.”

69 Likes

Report them. That would be griefing it seems to me.

8 Likes

Are we sure it’s even trolling? It could be the salt mine from losing has been built up.

1 Like

I don’t think either side should have it. I didn’t agree with it being implemented in WOD. It caters to faction imbalance.

16 Likes

Easy to say now that it isn’t your faction that use it anymore.

9 Likes

No, it’s trolling. They even announce in chat they are horde mercs and are there to throw the game.

3 Likes

Report them then. Sorry the jerks came out on your game.

3 Likes

It’s not just one game. It happens all the time.

2 Likes

Not sure what else you can do besides report them.

Report them for cheating and fill the box that they’re griefing in the BG. Take screenshots of what they say and send it by opening a ticket.

4 Likes

All I do are bgs I hardly ever see this happen I feel it’s over exaggerated. Not saying people dont do it but it’s been pretty rare. Been seeing a huge increase in ally winning randoms lately anyway

7 Likes

I never did like mercenary mode it’s as bad as double agent and inho cheating at times.

5 Likes

And we are all so easy to fall for it ,are we?

It never should have been added in the first place, but to those saying it was added to help Alliance, yeah, for a grand total of what, one expansion, compared to how many the Horde has benefitted now. Again, should never have been added in the first place, you play on the more populated faction, regardless of which it is, you deal with the consequences.

9 Likes

I love this attitude. So matter of fact and demanding, when they have no say in the matter.

Do you think Blizzard is going to read that and say:

“Hey - that guy is right! The Faction with the most Players should have long queue times! Lets forget trying to please the greater portion of the Player Base, and ensure even less people enjoy the game!”

5 Likes

I agree. Remove mercenary mode and add same faction bgs

2 Likes

I use merc mode. Please keep it.

5 Likes

It might help balance things out faction wise. Merc mode should never have been a thing.

5 Likes

Oh lord, your back? I guess ashenvale didn’t have enough wpvp for you.