Remove merc mode

If you are doing BG as horde, then no you wouldn’t see it. It happens a lot.

2 Likes

I like it. I use it. I don’t queue to lose. I want to win.

Removing it won’t help the balance issue, since the balance issue was there before it was instituted, and it was a reaction to the imbalance that was already there.

I have Merc Moded into BGs on my Rogue, and my team has 5 Mercs, and we cheer “for the Alliance” and “merc mode” jokes as we win. Some Alliance folks even thank us, and they say stuff like:

“Alliance can’t win unless we have Horde Mercs helping us.”

I don’t see a lot of “throwing the game” from Mercs. I see alot of people ignoring objectives and fighting on roads on both Factions lol.

5 Likes

Seeing how several people have suggested reporting them and OP has not replied to that suggestion leads me to agree with you. This is probably someone who just doesn’t like that the horde don’t have to wait forever anymore.

1 Like

I have reported them. Continuously.

For weeks.

It’s still happening.

3 Likes

Still out of hearts but- :heart:

1 Like

i do both i am not really loyal to any faction i actually have been playing slightly more alliance. every time i see someone talk trash or give up i shift click the name in bgs it tells me the race they play. some horde do it but its usually human or void elf players

1 Like

Yeah its not impossible i have seen a few people do it but its definitely not that common plus if it does happen that much i know people would just remove them instantly

It’s usually a group of 5 horde together, and if you try to push back they all report you afk to get you kicked. And it happens too often.

I do not recall alliance players clamoring for this feature. At all.

2 Likes

During Warlords? Mkay. I sure did.

4 Likes

It’s crazy to me that wow players are so vindictive that they want the majority of the player base to have long queues.
You know that other games have short queues right?
Like, we can just go play those other games instead of waiting 45 minutes to play a single match of wsg?

1 Like

Right, nobody is more demoralizing in an alliance bg than the alliance players ready to just lose fast as soon as it starts

Caters to? No it doesn’t.

It allows people to actually do the content, because to be perfectly frank, they wouldn’t be able to do it otherwise. No one likes a long queue, and if they’re faced with the long queue, they’re simply not going to bother doing the content in most cases, which means that the long queue time problem (which is what merc mode was implemented for, to get players from overpopulated factions onto the other team and get games going faster) only becomes worse.

If anything, merc mode should be something that is enabled by default. So if you queue for PvP, you can either be put on the Alliance or the Horde, depending on queue times, in order to get games going.

What you’re proposing would be detrimental to the game.

1 Like

Too bad the loud Alliance players crying over long wait times had more influence on blizz.
Maybe if you Alliance players cry enough again you’ll get what you want. Worked for the helfers.

1 Like

Merc mode is the reason why alliance win a few bgs per day

No, it’s not. It’s that alliance has more AFKers than horde every game. And they ARE alliance. I’ve played alliance and horde forever and they show up as alliance players when you shift click their names.

1 Like

It works both ways. It’s a win-win system that keeps queue times low for BOTH sides regardless of which side is understaffed for the moment.

1 Like

Not when it’s being abused.

Which it is.

I’ve farmed full honor gear on 4 toons throughout this expansion. Having 2 or 3 mercs in an epic BG doesn’t make you lose. I’ve seen MANY more alliance players grief mercs just for being in the group, even if they are top on meters, getting people to report them afk for an insta kick.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this more than once and it’s always bizarre to me when they announce it - and then when you hover over them, sure enough it’s a merc. I think the most extreme I saw was a guy who said he was streaming it for luls… while standing on the side… fishing :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like