Remove LIFO Logic for sales on the AH

There’s literal bots doing this, though.

Yes which is why the draft period would exist. But once it’s on the market the offer would be live. You can cancel the draft for 1 minute. After that… sucks to be you.

1 Like

No. I often use the cancel function when my auctions only have a an hour or so left and I won’t be on for 12 or more hours.

to be fair to blizzard and the mod hosting site this is probably more to avoid massive copyright lawsuits by the RIAA. They are very litigious(sp?) about that sort of stuff. seriously how long do you think it would be before people started using mods to replace the wow music with licensed music?

you are being obnoxious.

the only time I cancel auctions is when they are in the red or close to it and I am getting off so I can repost them and they have an opportunity to sell overnight or while I am offline.

1 Like

FIFO just craters value even worse.

“Ohh this guy listed 500 bags at x amount, I am impatient and need to sell immediately but he got here first so I will just list 1g cheaper to be first to sell”

They need to make cancelling an auction cost 30% of the buyout price it was listed at.

If you drastically underpriced by accident, then there is no problem at all, you simply cancel.
If you drastically over listed. It’s ok, you just wait out the auction (hey maybe it sells!). Problem solved. No issues.

The only people that hurts are the toxic cancel scanning crowd, and nobody really likes cancel scanning outside a very very few.

1 Like

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say here constitutes legal advice.

Actually it’s the other way round it’s to avoid them needing to sue you. WoW addons are legally derivative works. thus all the licenses you see plastered on addons are pointless. All the addon copyrights legally belong to blizz. If you start charging you’re violating the license they’ve granted which I linked to. Thus you’re infringing the copyright of WoW. That can carry extremely heavy damages.

off topic: but why do you have to be so aggressive in every single post you make?

2 Likes

You can’t just endlessly cancel and post anymore. Why are these threads even being made? The AH throttles you down to a crawl if you post or cancel a certain amount of items in a certain amount of time.

I only list like 450-500 items every 2 days and even I run into this just try to get them all listed.

1 Like

No I just have a different opinion and don’t value your use case. But ok.

1 Like

except the licenses for the music don’t extend for commercial use. all it would take IS ONE LICENSED MUSIC MOD that’s paywalled to bring the wrath of the RIAA upon them.

this isn’t have a different opinion - this is being obnoxious and saying my concerns aren’t valid

Unrelated… LIFO or FIFO has no impact on undercutting. The system will still prioritize lowest price sales. It doesn’t matter if I list something for less than you before or after you make your listing, the lowest price item will still sell first.

RIAA is Recording artists, it doesn’t cover in game music and blizz can isolate themselves with the TOS and the license (which they do) because you agree to cover the liability if they get sued over something you do. Also the RIAA doesn’t care if it’s paid or not. They’ll sue over use.

Apologies if it came off that way, I was being a wee bit blithe. I shouldn’t have used you as the term.

i never said LIFO or FIFO, i said random so there is no incentive to keep undercutting.

Explain.

Pretty sure the AH requires hardware events since forever ago. TSM can’t auto post or auto cancel for you.

If you are using a bot and simulating hardware events to use the AH, not only is that a violation of the rules itself, it doesn’t require TSM. You can just straight up use the AH, autioneer, auctionator or some other addon ect.

Acting like TSM has anything to do with botting is disingenuous. It’s like claiming Altoholic is a botting tool because people that mutlibox use it to mange alt armies. Nonsense.

they wouldn’t set it up random for anything but the same price - so the same thing would happen people undercut so they could sell faster

Blizzard should do absolutely nothing to this auction house for at least a month and you people shouldn’t be asking for changes for at least a month. Things will sort themselves out. The people who are pricing too low will not be able to keep up with demand and they will eventually raise their prices. The people undercutting same thing.

1 Like

It still doesn’t matter. When it is listed is completely irrelevant. It doesn’t matter if it’s a LIFO system, FIFO system, or a Random selection… the overall functionality will ALWAYS prioritize lowest price. You are suggesting a change that will do NOTHING for the problem you want it to solve.

Nope not all of AH APIs are protected

The selling API is restricted however:

But there is nothing that seems to prevent them from being called multiple times in a single hardware event

Sorry you think telling someone they don’t know something is aggressive maybe you should try hello kitty if that sounds aggressive to you theres lots of things i dont know and I dont get butt hurt over it