Remove LIFO Logic for sales on the AH

right now with the changes to the AH its really hard to compete with bots posting/cancelling/relisting items so fast that normal players can do any to compete, what if blizzard change the LIFO logic for sales in the AH to a random logic sales in the AH, people will stop undercutting for sales.

2 Likes

“everyone i don’t like is a bot”

I’m grateful that at least in NA WoW they’re not saying “Russian bot”

7 Likes

that would do nothing - and just post and go do something else. I have been having no problem selling my items and that is what I do.

(and yes I am back - the mats I normally buy were so cheap I had to pay for game time).

I don’t think that’s what the OP is saying. There’s no denying there’s an element of bot cancel scanning going on. All you need to do is go visit the STV AH to see it in action.

I have seen no indication of it and I have sold flasks and feasts as well as a lot of different mats. And since I just post and walk away I would never be able to sell anything if this was happening like people are claiming.

2 Likes

The economy is completely dead right now and there’s no way to make serious gold other than tokens or selling carries for M+/PVP/raids.

It’s intended. They won’t fix it.

1 Like

Wouldn’t this just promote undercutting? As people who wanted their items to be sold quickly would just list it cheaper so they would be higher up in the listing for that item?

it would do nothing to solve OP’s problem - they were on a dead server and had no competition and now they have lots

1 Like

It would but fools are still doing that now.

1 Like

There are a lot of things they could do to address the botting problem:

1. Replace LIFO with FIFO
  2. Grey out the “cancel auction” button after 60 seconds. Gives people enough time to fix a mistake, but no more.
  3. Ban botting tools like TSM.

Take your pick.

1 Like

My realm is the 10th largest wow realm by population so it’s fairly midsize and it’s an RP realm, so transmog is consistently a big seller. STV was empty, I just checked.

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

4 Likes

I do, actually, but it’s perfectly normal in these discussions for botters to stream out of the woodwork defending what they do, so go right ahead.

BTW, td-script is botting too, for pet battles, but Blizzard doesn’t take action against that, either. (Probably because pet battles are so miserable.)

1 Like

TSM is not a botting tool.

1 Like

Then explain how TSM is a botting tool.

It doesn’t sell for me. It doesn’t post for me, I still have to do those things. I can’t set it and go AFK and let TSM manage my AH for me. It doesn’t do that.

3 Likes

Swapping to FIFO encourages undercutting? So not sure how that would fix anything. If you want to fix the current price situation you have to ban AH automation tools like TSM. Which yes… is botting because of the out of game component that previously abused the mobile AH. TSM and it’s author should both have been banned years ago, along with anyone that used it for AH botting before they shut down that API.

Economy is the movement of money, on the contrary it has never been more lively. Your profits are what’s dead right now.

1 Like

So I can set up my TSM to manage my AH without me even being there? Where do I go set that up? Under the operations tab?

BINGO!

Welcome to the free market guys. Just because you were undercut doesn’t mean you were beat by a bot. It means you have more competition with players than you had before. Learn and adapt.

2 Likes

Did you check CT STV?

You could before blizz shut down the mobile AH app. They had an out of game desktop app you could set up to literally run certain programs to gold farm. So it’s still fruit of the poison tree, the current sharing of data and automation it provides is still not OK though.

Also looking at the TSM website it violates the WoW addon guidelines by having premium paid only features.