Remove gear drops completely from raids

I spelled it out for you. It’s not my fault that you’re too inept to connect the two.

1 Like

The irony considering I never said you couldn’t have an opinion. I said your opinion isn’t credible.

Swing and a miss again.

1 Like

Of course you’re going to argue that this isn’t saying that I can’t have an opinion, but we both know the implication.

1 Like

This might be healthier for the game overall but it would cause some major drama.

I don’t care either way to be honest probably because I don’t care to get gear. I just enjoy aiding with folks I get along with. Anything else doesn’t matter to me.

He didn’t say he didn’t get a specific piece. He said he went two months without getting ANY loot.

If you aren’t getting upgrades are you doing 8 mythic plus keys and killing all the bosses? At worst you can get a pvp weapon.

I never said rng doesn’t suck. However to claim you don’t get any loot for two months of active play is a lie.

2 Likes

Did you make the thread? Did you supply your opinion?

Seeing as you did I didn’t gatekeep you.

I stated my opinion that your opinion is worthless because you don’t raid at any level that would understand what you’re suggesting.

That’s strike three and you’re out.

1 Like

You’re trying to by invalidating my opinion based on my chosen level of difficulty while doing content.

You think you’re making a real zinger of a point, but you’re not.

1 Like

Looking at that profile, I can discern two things:

1. This is a bad faith argument, because a 252 weapon at this level of content is perfectly serviceable, meaning that you never went out of your way to actually get a better weapon (as in they can drop for other players and you ask, not to mention there’s multiple bosses so you unquestionably found more than one 2H weapon, whether you got more than one doesn’t change anything because you definitely got one, and saw others)
  2. You only raid, meaning that you purposefully limit the available loot to you, which is fine but also makes this a moot point, as M+ and crafted gear can provide gear for what you lack in raid, but you still did get loot

But this isn’t the most important part here, this is:

There’s a difference between replacing ALL loot, and developing bad luck protection systems like Dinars

OP wants to eliminate gear completely, rather than accept bad luck protection and that there’s multiple avenues of PvE gear in the game

2 Likes

You don’t have a valid opinion because you don’t have experience in the level of raiding that you’re affecting with this change.

That doesn’t mean you don’t get to keep your opinion no matter how invalid it is.

I am. You just can’t comprehend it.

1 Like

Loot drops exactly the same at all levels. Kill boss get loot. That concept doesn’t change.

Moving to a token based system effects each level equally. Kill more bosses get more tokens. Kill more bosses, get loot faster.

Changing a token based system simply gives a clear path to gearing that isn’t RNG focused.

You would no longer need to lockout other than wanting the achievement of beating end boss faster.

I’m sorry that you can’t comprehend that.

1 Like

They are, but you don’t like it so you are trying to invalidate them saying that “experience, knowledge, and a comprehensive understanding makes one a more credible source” that doesn’t agree with you is irrelevant

And you can’t provide it yourself you can have an opinion, and voice it (something which we can comment about), but so can we, which we are but tou wre ignoring it because it doesn’t agrew with you

No one is gatekeeping you, we are calling you silly because you are, more so because you are madly trying to defend the sinking ship you decided ro make a stand on, rather than accept that you have an opinion on this that more experienced, knowledgeable, and that has a greater understanding of the full scope of these systems and implications, frankly disagree with you

And then you try to insult and call others for gatekeeping you because they didn’t give you an upvote and agree with you
I’m being facetious now but still, point remains

Name a more iconic duo than people on the WoW forums calling for massive changes to content they don’t participate in because other people participating in it and reaping the rewards makes them feel bad.

1 Like

I don’t participate in them anymore, because they’re bad.

I happily raid in my other two MMOs because there is a clear path to gearing that isn’t bad RNG or funneling.

1 Like

This is entirely subjective. As far as I’m concerned, the raids have never been better.

Also if the only reason you raid is for gear, you’re never going to be happy.

2 Likes

You both can have an opinion. You both can say that I’m wrong.

My issue is, you two don’t get to say that
I am not entitled to an opinion.

1 Like

No one is
All we are saying is that its bad because it is

There’s a lot of different takes on it in the thread but you are the only one who went on the defensive because of their opinion wasn’t validated enough

You can have your opinion, but this is a forum - a bad opinion will be referred to as such, even if one personally doesn’t think it is bad

(And trust me, I’m outspoken and have a lot of bad takes according to these forums, but I still hold onto my own opinions as long as I can make sure I can explain them and make good faith argument for them, I tend to drop them when I no longer can since at that point it ain’t an opinion its a belief)

Never said you can’t criticize it.

1 Like

Considering how quickly Snozy got flagged for calling your opinions trash, which whilst is a stronger word than I have used (“silly”), it does seem like to be exactly what it is that you are saying

“Trash” is also not an offensive description in terms of opinionated debates, which this is, as one can derive it from “trashy”, it would seem that they are getting falsely flagged by someone for disagreeing with them
Just to have that be specified

1 Like

Seems like a ToS violation. I guess mods will decide.

1 Like

For me, it’s a lot cooler to have items drop from a defeated boss, like you are looting his dead body and taking his powerful possessions. The idea of only a currency or a vault roll at the end of the week feels underwhelming and disjointed to me.

2 Likes