Remove gear drops completely from raids

Blizzard doesn’t want everyone having a chance to get something. If you dont get a drop it keeps you on the loot treadmill, playing more and keeping a sub more.

Then it deserves to die.

1 Like

If that goes then so does M+ and PVP, make wow a questing simulator. Can’t have one without the other.

The flex raider appears to have misinterpreted my post.

My hunter doesn’t count to you? Interesting that you just listed a bunch of alts. Or is it not the difficulty you prefer?

Found your hunter.

No being a normal raider doesnt count or give you any credibility to make the suggestion you did.

1 Like

Blizzard refers to LFR as “tourism mode”
So yes, according to Blizzard as well

1 Like

Explain how difficultly changes the fundamentals of loot drops, without blatant gatekeeping.

Because I don’t know of any guilds that are extending raid lockouts in normal difficulty.

Normal is just a step above LFR which LFR is braindead content. The way raiding is handled and done is way different at heroic and mythic levels than normal.

As you only raid normal (there’s nothing wrong with that) you don’t have the experience or knowledge to comment on things that affect content you don’t do.

Gatekeeping doesn’t exist in this game so please stop using buzzwords.

1 Like

I think we could/should have both.

Playing WoW over EU/US now and honestly I think the environment also makes a difference. EU I would say people tend to be more hospitable and understanding so far.

I play FFXIV too and it has both systems of having drops (they still have rolls and somehow it still works out) and a trade-in, without the toxicity so I think the toxicity might be derived from the community rather than the game. I would be open to this idea though if it mean we still get the same amount of loot, but really I don’t think we need it, just a US region attitude change.

1 Like

:thinking:

1 Like

Please explain how LFR being braindead is gatekeeping?

I’d love a good laugh this morning.

1 Like

You’re invalidating peoples’ opinions based on the level of difficulty they choose to play. Even though there is zero fundamental difference in the way loot drops.

You’re taking it upon yourself to decide who has the right to make suggestions.

2 Likes

That’s not what gatekeeping means.

Actually there is. Mythic raid guilds extend lockouts if you don’t understand what that means I can explain it to you.

False. When people make terrible suggestions like you did their credibility is a factor. As you’re suggestions affect people playing a mode you have zero experience in that credibility does matter.

Either way that’s not gatekeeping and you should stop using words you don’t know the meaning of.

1 Like

You’re literally excluding people from having input (right to community) based on difficulty. Stop being intentionally obtuse.

Has absolutely nothing to do with how loot is dropped.

Discounting someone else’s experiences simply because it does not fit into your narrative is a quick way to prove you don’t know what you’re talking about.

I went the entirety of BC never seeing a Dragon Spine Talisman. Not one, even to another player. That was clearing Gruul every week from the first week on.

I’ve gone months and never seen a weapon upgrade on my warrior this expansion. In fact, while I have shelved the warrior I still have a 252 off hand and hit aotc with it: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/turalyon/Moosewar

So maybe sit back and just accept that sometimes RNG sucks for others & they would like a way to handle that.

3 Likes

gate·keep·ing

/ˈɡātˌkēpiNG/

noun

the activity of controlling, and usually limiting, general access to something.

You are controlling and limiting who has access to suggestions

1 Like

ill take 1 sheckle to get past the gate please. i am big gate keep man.

2 Likes

False. I’m saying that you can have an opinion but it’s not a credible one because you don’t have the experience to have a credible opinion.

Actually it does.

End of the day your suggestion is terrible whether you see it or not.

Also thanks for the laugh and showing you don’t know what gatekeeping means.

1 Like

You should really try reading and understanding what “credible” means.

1 Like