Remove gear drops completely from raids

They didnt reduce the gap because there was a gearing issue. They reduced the requirements because LFR wasnt as hard as they thought it was going to be meaning it was easier.

Either way it doesnt matter because LFR isnt real raiding anyways.

That’s you opinion which is wrong.

Its not wrong. LFR is the storybook mode dumbed down so anyone can do it.

Real raiding doesn’t have determination stacks.

As defined by you.

Not Blizzard.

I no longer remember if it was a blue post or an interview but LFR was created because to many resources were being devoted to content that was not cleared by a large enough percentage of the player base. They were told to increase participation or raiding would be axed. I’m sure someone on the forums still has it bookmarked. I don’t as its been common knowledge for almost a decade now.

You can use wowlogs to compare clears (and just who completed first boss) or

Talking about week 1 clears. Although this has more to do with difficulty.

Goes through numbers for full clears as well as attempts at the first boss.

It may not be an issue for you and well lucky you, but it is for many many people.

When you can do two months of full raid clearing and not be guaranteed anything than there is a very clear gearing issue. And its even worse if you pug as you can’t expect trading. Sure things may drop from the vault but than again most of the time they don’t I’ve had nothing but chest and shoulders in my vault this entire season. And I wish I was joking about that.

Its worth as much as yours when its a discussion about what changes could be made to draw people into raiding. And to be clear here I have raided. I don’t because its not worth it because of the gearing issue, that you seem to refuse to acknowledge is a problem.

I will say that it is not the only or even most prevalent issue that prevents people from raiding however.

2 Likes

Do you have ANY idea how quickly this would kill any sort of raiding?

Literally nobody would’ve done Islands if they didn’t do that annoying Azerite reward thing.

I don’t get the “remove loot drops” crowd,

Having everything on a vendor is so boring and uninspired.

2 Likes

You are incorrect. LFR was created for the sole purpose of letting people who arent able to raid have a chance to see the story and finish the story questlines.

Your sources are asmongold LOL dude is trash and just does things for shock value.

I am talking actual numbers not BS from youtube.

Making things up doesnt make it true. I just swapped to this toon three weeks ago.

You arent guranteed anything in this game and frankly anyone who says the yhave been raiding for two months and didnt get a single drop is lying.

As someone who actually raids when people make very dumb suggestions then my opinion has more weight.

I did islands in bfa for only the mounts :angry: was fun earning the pirate coins and gambling them on the reward boxes when those were added in a bit later on

1 Like

I don’t agree with this. Unless the Dinar requirement is much lower than what it currently is. In a raid I can get 1-3 pieces of gear, with Dinar as it is it takes much much longer to get 1 piece.

I think Dinar on top of potential loot drop would be better, I liked the way the “vault” equivalent worked in Legion where you got a piece of gear from each thing you did for the previous week in the chest. I geared up absurdly fast that way in Legion.

I think the biggest thing is Blizzard NEEDS to remove the auto binding when the system determines an upgrade. Had a raid where 3 of the same items dropped, the three people who got them did not need them so they tried to give them away but since the system deemed it an upgrade against their will they couldn’t trade. So three pieces went to waste in our guild. YOU should be allowed to determine if it’s an upgrade, not the system.

1 Like

If you cite Asmongold and Bellular videos as your evidence, I immediately know that your opinion is too useless to take seriously.

1 Like

As far as not being guaranteed a drop I’m well aware :crazy_face: That is after all what the thread is about.

As far as not getting a drop in two months. Thats fairly common. I’ve raided an entire tier without getting a single drop (ICC.) RNG happens. Much the same way that I:

• Ran 74 Trial of the Champions for the armor pen trinket and only saw it once (and didn’t win it.)
  • Ran 43 dungeons in 9.0 before seeing a weapon drop on normal for my warrior.
  • Running 117 streets without getting the codex on any of my toons.
  • Ran 28 Mechagons this season without seeing a ring.
  • Didn’t have a single upgrade in my vault for the last 3 months of the last patch despite more than half my gear being below max ilvl.

This is the reason why a lot of people hate RNG and worse multiple layers of RNG.

Or you know wowlogs which was the first thing I posted. The videos was a means of consolidated information for people who don’t want to spend the time going through all the numbers themselves. And while you obviously fit that profile, the rest of your post is essentially a mess of not understanding basic English and ignoring everything because its counter to what you want to believe.

On almost any other issue I’m willing to bet that you wouldn’t hold this view point. As neither a slave or a slave owner do your opinions matter when it comes to the issue of slavery laws being passed? No need to answer as it was rhetorical. The fact is you will either miss the point of that or argue for something that makes you look bad.

1 Like

I feel gearing should just be either a token or point system. Raid bosses either drop tokens for specific gear slots like in wrath that you trade to a vendor or switch to a full Justice Points / Valor Point system.

First tier bosses and M+ completions gives Valor Points that you earn and exchange for the exact piece you want and vendors sell for all slots. Keep things like the Sylvanas bow for example to drop in raids but regular gearing use the points system.

When new tier comes out, old gear is bought for justice points that is earned from the previous raid or Heroic Dungeons and new tier gear is bought for Valor Points from current raid / M+ completions.

There no more duplicate gear issues and you get what you want to get.

1 Like

anybody who refuses to be open to others viewpoints within reason is themselves unable to be taken seriously.

3 Likes

You are flat out lying.

Ill take things that didnt happen for $500 Bob.

Youre using logs from season 4 when most people are taking a break? Great evidence my guy.

If you dont play the content you dont have a credible opinion.

Your achievements show that you don’t raid at all, at least to a degree where suggestions such as “Remove gear drops from raids completely and add only vendors in place of it instead” sound more trollish than anything else

But maybe I’m wrong and you have a second account where you are a world first mythic raider or something but the suggestion you are making is at best ridiculous, and on average it is just you trolling folks who do raiding as a primary enjoyment of the game

1 Like

Parroting some big name’s viewpoint is asinine, especially when their entire brand is built on criticizing the game even when the game isn’t at fault for something. That’s what gets views, and thus ad revenue.

People who respond by posting Asmongold and Bellular videos are not human. They are sheep, and should be considered such.

1 Like

No, that would kill raiding forever and make M+ king.

Removing drops would make raiding boring. Part of the fun is getting a random drop, not a ‘you win’ token.

I know plenty of raiders who are geared just fine. Too many people just want to put in minimal effort to get their ideal drop. Put more effort in.

2 Likes

hell no, part of the fun is not knowing what your gonna get. what you propose would neuter the excitement.