Remove all rewards from people who got banned

No, it’s stupid that they risked their account for a skin.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Maybe they’ll actually try playing the game next time.

6 Likes

No, the hilarious thing is most of those people got it with exploits like double crusader enchant that were fixed.

11 Likes

I agree but again their money if they want to play a stupid game then they can.

I just see no reason to ban for a skin.

2 Likes

Blizzard created this issue by again limiting players to complete content is a short period of time which then again caused panic to users trying to complete process before 9.2. This ban wave feels like entrapment on their part which is also going to cause a lot more players to leave the game. Also mage tower is way overtuned for certain specs and they still dont do a good fix on this matter. They need to fix the mage tower to be allow at least on all timewalking events so people dont feel the need to rush things.

Another thing lots of people are reporting that ban wave was also due to use of VPN which a lot of companies including norton recommend users to use for more privacy and security.

I enjoy the game but it ultimately feeling the game is going to be going downhill to a point were the end is near for world of warcraft.

9 Likes

It’s not limited this time, it will repeat indefinitely. This is very much different from the Legion MT, which did go away forever at the end.

1 Like

Most people have this mindset of when they see the words limited time it throws them into a panic which this ban wave is the result of said panic

Theres many ways they could’ve handled it but they way they did it was kinda heavy handed imo

1 Like

So is there really just remorse for people who were falsely banned? Friend/guildie got banned, provided evidence that he was banned incorrectly, and all tickets get closed immediately without any detail or actual insight to the problem?

3 Likes

Where does it say it was an exploit ?

2 Likes

TBH it doesn’t matter what I or any other player thinks. Agree or disagree with what blizzard did it didn’t do or how they handled it, it doesn’t matter. Blizzard’s game, their rules, their decision. Outside of that mine and everyone else’s opinion means nothing, actually less then nothing.

In the end there are really just two choices. Ignore it and move along or quit and uninstall the game if your that bothered and upset. There are other MMOs out there, maybe one of them will be better for you or there are single player RPGs that are out there as well.

2 Likes

great work guys! :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you for that response, dude really said hiding and dying in a corner is doing content, lol.

What does “RMT” stand for? And, were people banned for paying others to do their Mage Towers for them, or for other activities, too?

I read that some people were complaining about PvP?

1 Like

Yes, apparently it was a large chunk of players caught in the banwave.

Mage Tower is a solo-player challenge (1 player), therefore it’s impossible to get a “Mage Tower boost” without sharing your account login info/credentials with a 3rd party stranger - and that’s the part that’s against the rules regardless of paying for it with ingame gold or an under-the-table RMT (Real Money Transaction) payment.

The RMT bans were supposedly a mistake/automated system false positives, but the account-sharing bans were real.

4 Likes

I’ve given Blizzard a ton of flack over time and for good reason but this is a good move. Gotta give credit where it’s due and my respect has increased. Keep up the good work making things fair for everyone.

3 Likes

thanks blizz you actually care

2 Likes

Doing the mage tower on your own character isn’t an elite experience. It takes some time and effort god forbid. it’s very accessible to everyone

1 Like

So you’re gonna remove the rewards that my friend, who was wrongly banned and took hours of his days to learn a bunch of classes, farm equipment for all of them to finally win the challenges? So you’re gonna remove the rewards of my friend who spent a lot of time farming and getting better so he could do all the m+ 20 that we did? Great work! :slight_smile:

I’ts great that you’re taking some action against people who exploit the game, but unfortunatly, a lot of people who never did wrong always get banned by mistake. Some of them even have to take legal action against the company to have their accounts back. So it would be really great if you could be a lot more careful with the ban waves. People are getting penalized for no reason, while there’s a bunch of bots, multibox and extremely racist people on my server who never got anything.

4 Likes

Can you say with 100% certainty your friend didn’t pay for a MT pilot?
A lot of people are saying they were innocent, or their friend would never do that, or their guildmates would never account share.
Unless you were standing behind them watching them do it, you can’t truly know. People are going to lie about it out of shame, guilt, fear, etc…

I’m not saying they don’t make mistakes when banning players but based on the amount of people admitting to it, the number of false positives is probably very small on this one.

11 Likes

We were with him on our m+, raid and we watched him on his mage tower, so i’m pretty sure he never did anything of this. He don’t even have money to pay for services of that kind. Nor is good enough to sell rush or anything lol

He was wrongly banned before and after a lot of tickets, got his ban reverted. But you know, is always a headache, especially when we are getting ready for a new patch and with trouble getting new players to raid. A worse headache, since now he can lose his achivs and only we know how stressfull it was for all of us.

1 Like

Are you going to snag the glad boosters while you guys are at it?

4 Likes