Removal of Brutosaur mount

Then they should have thought of their own mistake ages ago instead of removing something that’s never been removed before. It’s also a poor excuse. They shouldn’t care who auctions where. We have a large world and people don’t want to be funneled into one city. Not to mention, they could have just replaced the vendor and left the mount in for people to earn.

4 Likes

You think it would have been better for them to take the vendor off the Mount people had already bought?!

They swapped vendors on one of the vendor mounts ages ago already.

There’s zero reason to remove that mount when there are others ways to address their “issue” with it.

And if I’m not mistaken, it’s getting the AH removed anyway.

Oh really? I did not know that. What mount did they change?

Yaks used to have reforging vendors.

They swapped the reforger off the Yak because reforging wasn’t a thing anymore.
That was the only reason to do so.

The AH is staying.

6 Likes

And they can still swap this vendor regardless. Because they’re taking the vendor off of it anyway, iirc.

And it’s still a better solution than removing that unique mount entirely, which has never been done before and shouldn’t be done.

I don’t have it and will never have it. I’m so thankful they are removing it.

Having a portable AH is just stupid to be honest. I want people to have some reason to go to major cities. It makes the game feel more alive.

Compromise would be to half the cost of the mount and remove the AH. This way people who actually like how the mount looks (another opinion I don’t share) can have it, and the players who had the gold are rewarded. Win win.

It’s not getting the ah removed, there was a blue post somewhere that said they were not removing it if I remember. I consider it mostly a troll for people that called that. And yes it would be worst to remove the vendor. Angering the richmons that bough it, which are most often whales. Imagine someone that bough tokens to buy the mount and they remove that. I’d imagine that would be a greater lost to lose that player than to catter to people that still try to get that mount for Blizzard.

1 Like

Is this the new victim culture slogan of the BFA era. Literally no one was calling for exclusivity to an expansion basicly every expac had exclusive content to that expansion(did cata have something I know all the others did).

Then maybe it shouldn’t if this excuse of “we don’t want it mobile everywhere” is some real excuse. Though I doubt it.

There’s zero reason to remove the mount. It’s nonsense. No other gold sink vendor mount has ever been removed. Nor should it. Those mounts are long term goals for many people and gave them a fun side project to work towards.

1 Like

The excuse is :moneybag: xd Which we all know is the main reasons for a lot of designs.

And it’s a bad one.

It doesn’t pander to anything.

It just makes no sense that the 3 previous gold sink mounts are still in the game from vendors and weren’t touch

20k Mammoth
100k Yak
2Mil Spider

but some how this mount is being removed for no reason other than “dinosaurs go extinct” whoever dreamed up this asinine idea needs a serious logic check.

9 Likes

And imagine how much worse it would feel to drop 5 million gold on that utility, just to have the AH vendor removed.

I do agree that whatever the reasons they have for removing it, stated or otherwise, it should have been communicated earlier, to give people more time to reach that goal. But I don’t think that removing the vendor is the course to take.

3 Likes

No, it simply shouldn’t be removed. Period. This has already given half the people I know another reason to not continue with this game, because of these ridiculous decisions they keep making.

1 Like

I almost never support the removal of things from the game. I include Naxx40 in that list and I have a whole set from back in the day. I think removal of things is just bad unless it is released with a ‘temporary’ status such as Mage Tower from Legion. It was never in doubt that it was there for that expansion only.

The above said, I think this mount was only ever designed for the AH mogul. They wanted them to be able to do AH things while also out in the world so they were not stuck in town. These people would spend hours and hours in town doing nothing but monitoring the AH. The removal of the mount to me indicates they might even go away from the mobile AH altogether. The reforge mount was changed and became a transmog mount. It is very possible Blizzard does not like the mobile AH and could change it into another transmog mount or something entirely different. If you can afford it and you worry about missing out on things then grab it but their removal of said mount is likely to mean they did not want people with its function and in the future it will probably be changed.

I’m unsubbed and stopped caring. At some point you have to realize the moves they do at HQ are done by some questionable faux-devs who have a bigger ego than their head.

I wanted the mount at first because it looked cool but the price turned me off so I went and bought a YAK instead. Armour repairing and on the go xmog is more useful anyway. We all need a reason to go to Org and a mobile AH just seems lazy to me.

Don’t give up so easily. We have a year to go. Gather herbs and ore from Nazjatar. Wait for the new raid to open then sell it on auction house. I PvP a lot in 3s. So while I wait for queue or teammates I’m having my warrior gather herbs. I can make about 3 to 5k gold a day from occasional wqs, herbs made to pots sold on ah. You will be cutting it close to getting the mount if you try. What’s the worst that will happen? You are one million short and it’s gone but you now have 4 million ready for the next big mount. Think of it as a win win.

1 Like