Removal of Brutosaur mount

Show me where Blizzard ever defined the mount this way. The only stated reason for moving the mount to the BMAH is because they don’t want mobile AH access to become too widely available.

But people who want a sauropod mount are going to be out of luck for no good reason.

No, it keeps them subscribed because who knows what else Blizzard might roll the dice and decide to remove with little warning. And I’d like to point out that they still haven’t actually announced that the mount is moving to the BMAH or what it’s starting price will be there. One post in a thread created by a player is not an “announcement”.

only one i see that has an ego is you, and i don’t screech fyi. you think you can judge people just because they make an opinion and that speaks volumes that the delusional one is you honey, so think before you post -_-

< No, it keeps them subscribed because who knows what else Blizzard might roll the dice and decide to remove with little warning. And I’d like to point out that they still haven’t actually announced that the mount is moving to the BMAH or what it’s starting price will be there. One post in a thread created by a player is not an “announcement”.> Blockquote

we shall see. i have not purchased shadowlands yet. i will have to assess the situation about 1 week before release

1 Like

Really now. I have explained this to you, as well as other people making this clear to you. If you really are STILL demanding what will end up being my 7th explanation to you alone then the problem is you either suffer from short term memory, or are being deliberately obtuse to not see the point. So for my 7th AND FINAL EXPLANATION TO YOU (Even though in three days you’ll ask again because you have all the other times, why the hell do I expect it to change?):

This mount was NOT GEARED TOWARDS PEOPLE WHO HAVE PROBLEMS MAKING MONEY. THE PRICE TAG ALONE IS EVIDENCE OF THIS. IT IS ON THE BMAH BECAUSE IF IT WAS REMOVED FOR GOOD PEOPLE LIKE YOU WOULD CONTINUE CRYING “OH WELL I WOULD HAVE HAD IT IN FOUR EXPANSIONS TIME!”

Sucks to suck. If you want things when they are available, learn how to make gold and save it. This was the realization I came to in Cataclysm because it felt utterly degrading having to ask my guild for 10k gold to start my rogue quest when initially all I did for gold was daily quests if present and sell arena carries for gold back in TBC.

Just like life. You think a flashy expensive car is for people who can maybe save up to that point in a few years time? No it’s for people who can actually afford it. Sure you can save and hit that point eventually but newer models will come out in that time.

Oh no, you mean Blizzard wants to give you reasons to actually utilize your subscription you otherwise somehow justify throwing 15 dollars a month at to get what amounts to four hours of necessary gameplay a week?

How awful that a game company wants you to actually get your 15 dollars worth on a month to month rather than taking your money and telling you to shove it.

Wow for once in your time posting here rather than crying you made an actual point. Sure they should announce they intend to remove things, but then I think. What’s really the point? The same handful of perpetually poor people (which is really odd to me considering gold is easy as hell to make and it isn’t like there’s anything you spend any meaningful amount of gold toward unless you’re a chronic Azerite respeccer, I bought 10 flasks on WRA for 3000 gold. An amount I otherwise can get from a handful of world quests daily for flasks that are going to last me anywhere from a day to two months depending on how much content that justifies a flask is. Half the time you make it back in the raid or the dungeon anyway.)

And the mount was also never, not once, advertised in such a way to make anyone believe it would ever be removed from the vendor until halfway through the expansion.

This isn’t anything like life. This is a pile of pixels and they already have multiple models and reskins of the Brutosaur mount available in the game files.

You should be subscribed to the game because you want to play the game. Not because of some lame FOMO.

Except they’re not doing that. They’re taking the easy way out by removing content instead of creating enjoyable content that would keep people subscribed.

The point is that Blizzard should be doing a much better job at communicating and I am utterly baffled that anyone would defend them when they stumble.

1 Like

They never said that, anywhere. Even Blizzard’s stated reason for removing the mount from the vendors says nothing about for whom the mount was designed. They only say they don’t want to see AH mounts become as common as repair mounts.

Forgive me for assuming that because every other gold-sink mount can be saved up for over multiple expansions, I could save up for this one, too.

No. I play at my own pace, not yours or Blizzard’s. If I can’t continue to play my way, I simply won’t continue to play.

1 Like

Don’t forget the people that buy+sell wow tokens for gold :slight_smile:

I find it interesting that so many people accept the “we don’t want AH everywhere” reason, without really questioning why easy AH access is a “bad” thing, or why Blizzard needs leverage to get us into the “right” cities.

1 Like

^THIS!!!

If I’d known from the start this mount would be removed, I would have simply put it in the slot of “Things in WoW I’ll never get.” Instead I made a plan and geared my game play toward achieving that plan.

As I’ve said before, I don’t care about the mobile AH (Blizzard’s stated reason for removing the mount from the vendors). I just wanted a sauropod mount, and this was the only version they gave us. I would be perfectly happy if they replaced the AH version with a plain version that I could continue to save up for.

2 Likes

I think you are missing the point of what they are saying. Correct me if I’m mistaken but it sounds to me like you think they are just saying “we don’t want to see brutosaurs around”? When what I believe they are trying to say is that they don’t want “anywhere” access of the AH to become as common as repairing.

How dare you bring logic to this place!

Yes, Blizzard said they don’t want to see the AH mount everywhere.

My statement that you quoted was directed at a poster who claimed this mount was never intended to be saved for over multiple expansions. I had issue with that statement because every other gold sink mount can be saved for, and there was no indication from Blizzard that this one would be any different.

I would be super happy if Blizzard just put another non-AH Brutosaur mount on the vendors that I could save up for and buy.

2 Likes

Ah I gotcha

1 Like

I would to. That is the main difference between the brutosaurs and the tundra mammoths. Theres only one brutosaur, and a few tundra mammoths, others of which have no vendors. So why not just make a reskin, same model, with no vendors on it. I think this would be a great idea. I never use the ah anyways.

1 Like

They don’t even have to make a reskin, there are already a bunch of brutosaur mounts in the data base.

2 Likes

There was a 50k hippo mount that not many people seem to know about, but 50k wasn’t very expensive considering we’d just had the 120k mount and garrison income. So while it’s not really in line, it was the best they had, I think.

1 Like

Thanks! I do enjoy mine! I love my longboi!

Well said.

If they toss one of those versions up as a 6 month sub mount they’d have my money instantly.

1 Like

I think a main reason they don’t also do it as a reskinned, no vendor, mount is due to the size.

Yes, they did say they don’t want it to eventually be as common as the transmog/repair Yak (which seems ridiculous to me, since I’ve never even had one million gold all at once) but it is also irritatingly HUGE.