Removal of Brutosaur mount

Hey man, easy on the boomers. :wink:

I am quite glad it is being removed.

May the most powerful retain the Mighty Brutosaur! quack

MUAHAHAH.

Also, there are quite a few threads on this already. No need to make another.

Well its not like mage tower type situation where shadow lands will make it easy to get the mount. Keep the same price. People will still have to work for it.

Personally I don’t care about this mount but I find the logic behind its removal very stupid. Also never been fan of removing things in the game.

and this is why our economy is burning as well

Almost nothing should get removed from a game like WoW imo.
Creating artificial scarcity or triggering FOMO(fear of missing out, hot new buzz word) in a 15yr old game seems like a strange move.

The cloak from Mists needs to be brought back.
The ring from Warlords needs to be brought back.
The Mage Tower needs to be brought back.
Random boe gear that was removed needs to be brought back.
Almost every title should still be available, such as Hand of Adal(which many players got years after it was relevant).
PvP vendors need to make a return(unrelated but still, why remove them?).
I’d even be on board for the older CE stuff and BlizzCon goodies to come back in some way.

About the only thing that felt okay to be super limited was the Scarab Lord mount and title because WoW was a different beast back then.

4 Likes

No, your “community” has been “burning” since the dawn of the game with the same fundamental premise of which I am responding to you. There are always those that feel entitled to certain things, and people who try to inject rationality into their brains telling them “This is a game, you aren’t entitled to jack.”

However I must ask, how delusional are you that somebody disagreeing with you then giving a smart mouthed response to you for telling them “I advise you to watch that tone” that you think that is proof of “community burning”?

Far as I see it this community needs more people like me to deflate their ego and less people like you who when disagreed with screech about “WATCH YOUR TONE WITH ME!” and decide to complain that they aren’t being agreed with. I don’t even know who you are, and I certainly do not care, but your mindset of entitlement is disastrous to the health of this game long term.

Did you not think the 5 million gold mount was for “elite” gold makers in the first place?

No, they didn’t. For some reason people see ridiculous price tags on things and aren’t capable of inferring based on price and their own wealth alone that they probably aren’t the target market for it.

They’ve conned themselves into the weird mindset that given an expansion worth of time because one wasn’t enough for them that they’ll magically have 5 million gold then be able to justify dropping it on a mount.

2 Likes

If you actually worked at it, you wouldn’t have to be so defensive. People that actually work for something build the patience overtime to understand where others are coming from without QQing about it, but then again, what do you expect from a paladin.

Yea, its prob just trying to get people with severe FOMO to dump a ridiculous amount of cash money on virtual coins to buy a mount they could leave in the game, but they aren’t trying to make the best game, they are trying to make the most money.

2 Likes

Gold doesn’t just vanish over time. It’s possible to save up 5 million if you play long enough. It’s just a much longer amount of time for some people. And having a goal like this is supposed to be a good thing, it gives some people a reason to keep logging in week after week instead of taking breaks between patches and expansions.

1 Like

This mount is not designed at people who save up over multiple expansions. This was NEVER geared toward them, quit trying to con yourself into what is ultimately terrible logic prefaced on “Me want.”

And by putting a time limit on the availability of things like this it only increases that effect. Similarly you act like there isn’t somehow going to be another and likely much better variant of gold sink mount the next expansion or any follow ups.

By making it limited and setting this precedent you let people know that the vanity items are possible to go away so they aren’t a “get at your own leisure” kind of thing. This keeps them playing the game and trying to farm gold if they honestly want the mount.

I’m a guild master, where am I supposed to collect my ‘steady income’ from? I seem to be missing out on this…?

2 Likes

Five million doesn’t appear without actual effort. My husband doesn’t have to pay for jack because I generally buy him what he needs or wants. He spends very little and does very little on the AH (he’s to the point where he just sends me stuff that he assumes will be profitable to deal with). Ten years of playing, most of them since I became a goblin and started providing in-game, got him to about a million gold. The people who are so sure there’s not enough time to get five million gold in a year were very unlikely to have ever reached five million gold, especially since relatively passive gold drops from things like mobs, max level quests, and raid bosses haven’t kept up with inflation.

It’s almost funny, because some of these people, if they spent half the time learning to actually make gold and implementing those techniques in game that they’ve spent on the forums crying about this, might very well be able to do it. I mean, I was making 10-20k on average days back in MoP (and way more with things like patches). To see people say that earning the high end of that now is impossible just makes me shake my head.

Show me where Blizzard ever defined the mount this way. The only stated reason for moving the mount to the BMAH is because they don’t want mobile AH access to become too widely available.

But people who want a sauropod mount are going to be out of luck for no good reason.

No, it keeps them subscribed because who knows what else Blizzard might roll the dice and decide to remove with little warning. And I’d like to point out that they still haven’t actually announced that the mount is moving to the BMAH or what it’s starting price will be there. One post in a thread created by a player is not an “announcement”.

only one i see that has an ego is you, and i don’t screech fyi. you think you can judge people just because they make an opinion and that speaks volumes that the delusional one is you honey, so think before you post -_-

< No, it keeps them subscribed because who knows what else Blizzard might roll the dice and decide to remove with little warning. And I’d like to point out that they still haven’t actually announced that the mount is moving to the BMAH or what it’s starting price will be there. One post in a thread created by a player is not an “announcement”.> Blockquote

we shall see. i have not purchased shadowlands yet. i will have to assess the situation about 1 week before release

1 Like

Really now. I have explained this to you, as well as other people making this clear to you. If you really are STILL demanding what will end up being my 7th explanation to you alone then the problem is you either suffer from short term memory, or are being deliberately obtuse to not see the point. So for my 7th AND FINAL EXPLANATION TO YOU (Even though in three days you’ll ask again because you have all the other times, why the hell do I expect it to change?):

This mount was NOT GEARED TOWARDS PEOPLE WHO HAVE PROBLEMS MAKING MONEY. THE PRICE TAG ALONE IS EVIDENCE OF THIS. IT IS ON THE BMAH BECAUSE IF IT WAS REMOVED FOR GOOD PEOPLE LIKE YOU WOULD CONTINUE CRYING “OH WELL I WOULD HAVE HAD IT IN FOUR EXPANSIONS TIME!”

Sucks to suck. If you want things when they are available, learn how to make gold and save it. This was the realization I came to in Cataclysm because it felt utterly degrading having to ask my guild for 10k gold to start my rogue quest when initially all I did for gold was daily quests if present and sell arena carries for gold back in TBC.

Just like life. You think a flashy expensive car is for people who can maybe save up to that point in a few years time? No it’s for people who can actually afford it. Sure you can save and hit that point eventually but newer models will come out in that time.

Oh no, you mean Blizzard wants to give you reasons to actually utilize your subscription you otherwise somehow justify throwing 15 dollars a month at to get what amounts to four hours of necessary gameplay a week?

How awful that a game company wants you to actually get your 15 dollars worth on a month to month rather than taking your money and telling you to shove it.

Wow for once in your time posting here rather than crying you made an actual point. Sure they should announce they intend to remove things, but then I think. What’s really the point? The same handful of perpetually poor people (which is really odd to me considering gold is easy as hell to make and it isn’t like there’s anything you spend any meaningful amount of gold toward unless you’re a chronic Azerite respeccer, I bought 10 flasks on WRA for 3000 gold. An amount I otherwise can get from a handful of world quests daily for flasks that are going to last me anywhere from a day to two months depending on how much content that justifies a flask is. Half the time you make it back in the raid or the dungeon anyway.)

And the mount was also never, not once, advertised in such a way to make anyone believe it would ever be removed from the vendor until halfway through the expansion.

This isn’t anything like life. This is a pile of pixels and they already have multiple models and reskins of the Brutosaur mount available in the game files.

You should be subscribed to the game because you want to play the game. Not because of some lame FOMO.

Except they’re not doing that. They’re taking the easy way out by removing content instead of creating enjoyable content that would keep people subscribed.

The point is that Blizzard should be doing a much better job at communicating and I am utterly baffled that anyone would defend them when they stumble.

1 Like

They never said that, anywhere. Even Blizzard’s stated reason for removing the mount from the vendors says nothing about for whom the mount was designed. They only say they don’t want to see AH mounts become as common as repair mounts.

Forgive me for assuming that because every other gold-sink mount can be saved up for over multiple expansions, I could save up for this one, too.

No. I play at my own pace, not yours or Blizzard’s. If I can’t continue to play my way, I simply won’t continue to play.

1 Like