REMINDER: Tinker still best new class candidate

Rangers would be a fine addition to the class roster. Hunters are sadly, not rangers, though they do have a demon hunter/warlock relationship. However I think a dark ranger archetype could be added to game as either a Shadow Spec for DK (use a bow, not melee) or a shadow spec to hunters. Personally I would rather see it added to DK to give them a ranged option, and because I really see Hunter as a pet class. And yes, I hate Lone Wolf in the hunter class, but I get peeps want a non-pet archer-which could be addressed somewhere else. In general I think the game could use more bow focused specs. Two is a little light given the space archers take up in fantasy.

It’s a better dream them expecting blizzard to make dark rangers or necromancer that would involve an entire balancing process for an already taken design

They do not. They are a fancy label the game slaps on a skill set so it knows what skills to give you when you level up, nothing more.

Wrong. A necromancer has always been someone who practices necromancy. What they wear when they do it is tangentially relevant at best.

Because they are necromancers. Using death magic and raising the dead is what a necromancer is.

Sorry I misspoke. It would technically be for the next expansion just coming out of SLS.

Again. if that was going to happen. It would have been through Glyphs. Especially in an expansion focused on player character choice.

You can hold out hope for class skins, I won’t be.

I disagree. Blizzard for whatever reason doesn’t seem to want to add class based modifications. Otherwise, again, they’d have expanded glyphs by now.

Its more likely that they’ll add new classes.

Undoubtedly class skins would be nice though. In some cases. I don’t think Necromancer fits. Doesn’t really make sense with warlocks.

Guess Death Knights are calling themselves the wrong thing? Warlocks too?

They exist in game and in lore…

A Necromancer in Wow has always been a caster wearing cloth… Not all of them even summon undead minions.

I’m not gonna repeat myself. You can disagree I suppose.

You’re wrong but thats your right.

Honestly I think dragonsworn would just be the ‘borrowed power’ of like a dragon isles expansion.

It has no real singular identify of its own, its just a person who picks usually a singular dragonflight to serve.

I’m for Tinker personally. Necromancer is better as like a class skin for warlock. Same like ‘dark ranger’.

2 Likes

Tinkers would be an excellent addition to be introduced alongside ethereals. I mention them in my thread.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/unoffical-playable-ethereal-discussion-thread/836012

Wait, Void Elves, Nightborne, Blood Elves and Zandalari? They aren’t exactly Tinkers, they simply make arcane/magical infused constructs to defend their cities. Tinker would be a lot more technology related, the Lightforged on the other hand do indeed have mechs that they fight on. Dwarves also make magical constructs as well as advanced siege weaponry but nowhere gnomish levels.

MU Orcs aren’t that advanced, the upgrades on Orgrimmar were mostly on the Goblins, Forsaken as far as I know are more alchemists than Tinkers but…

They can’t even balance what they’ve already added to the game, the dreams of a new classes should be put to rest.

I suppose it doesn’t hurt to hope, but I can’t imagine a gnome and goblin exclusive class making it into the game at this point. Gnomes and goblins are some of the least played races, so the payoff on a class specifically for them would have be minimal at best.

I just don’t see it happening.

Tinkers in WC3 had a lot of alchemical stuff going on.

I’d design them with Alchemical, Draeneic/arcane crystal, and gnomish/Goblin tech concepts in mind.

Its at least fun to talk about the ideas. How it would be done, who would get it. Let em dream.

1 Like

WC2 deathknights could raise undead… I was actually excited to be able to play one when i first heard about them until i discovered that they were the melee ranged arthas dk and not of the teron gorefiend variety that were orc warlocks stuffed into loarderon meat suits

Sure they were mostly known for hurricane and DnD but they totally raised themselves tons of undead winions

Agree, Tinker should be the next class.

2 Likes

Thats basically what Unholy is?

nah, Unholy is a melee pimple popping machine with winions on the side.

I was hoping for and expecting UH to be medium range caster with temporary summoned winions on the front line while i get to cast cool spells

1 Like

What makes you think Magic and Technology are separate things?

For the work required for these class skins a glyph is a terrible idea. It should be through a long difficult questline about said sub class origins.

Putting it in a one and done glyph system is not only lazt but outright boring. Make people understand what X sub class stands for and why it differentiates from their original class.

Even more unlikely that blizzard would do it then.

REMINDER: A lot of what would go into Tinkers as a class have been given to engineering, so making the class would require gutting and already struggling profession.

Because in this specific situation is. Sure, the Draenei makes energy out of magical crystals. But the tinkers we are used to use regular technology, carry guns, mechs and tinker around them.

The Elves on the other hand quite literally just infuse a construct with magic, let them roam, doing their patrols and every once in a while they get checked to see if they are not running out of juice. You don’t see Elves normally carrying guns, throwing shocking stun bombs, and such.

This is literally my only issue with allowing an engineering class to exist in current wow design space. Blizzard HATES having overlap in design and adamantly refuses to allow it to ever happen. Just as warlocks how they feel about DKs/DHs.

1 Like

I’m saying those races could work well, basically anything with an automaton could be a “Tinker” whether they use magical or mechanical means to move their “mech”.

The races I’ve listed are just the ones we’ve seen have a history with Automatons, mechs, and vehicles.

Dwarves: Known for their tanks and siege engines, and as dark irons, and earthen actually use mechanical automatons and golems quite frequently it’s not too far of a stretch.

Orcs: Adopted the Iron Horde technology we see in WoD, developed by MU Azeroth Goblins for Garrosh, again not a stretch to say they could build mechs.

Elves: Belf and NB are seen with tons of hulking automatons walking about, although they are powered by magic, they can be considered mechs as long as pilotable versions are made. Velfs understandably inherit the Belf’s automaton, except with a more Void/ethereal theme.

Forsaken are seen with a ton of sophisticated seige weaponry, blight catapults, blight tanks, etc, etc. Not too far a stretch to give them mech either, and it would look awesome thematically.

Zandilari trolls are also known for automatons. They have Golems throughout Dazaralor, and we encounter some golem bosses in one of the raids (I think BoD, but might be Uldir), the trolls are the biggest stretch for sure though.

But why not Humans?

Humans typically end up using dwarvish technology rather than engineering it themselves, though we do see skyships most human vehicles were created an engineered directly by Gnomes and dwarves. The reason why orcs get Tinker and not Humans is that although the Goblins originally made the Iron Horde technology, Orcs continued engineering it.