REMINDER: Tinker still best new class candidate

Tinker would be based off the warcraft 3 hero units, Tinker and Goblin Alchemist (healing)

Giving the game its first mail class tank and 3rd mail class.

Giving ranged weapon farmers a 2nd class to show off their hard work.

It’s doesn’t step on the identity of other classes like necromancer does for death knights/ warlocks, spellblade does for enhancement shaman, or just outright silly and not warcraft like dragon borne or bard.

Tinker is also all throughout the warcraft mythos from being a boss a classic boss in Mara

To being represented all throughout BFA, shadowlands, in heroes of the storm and hearthstone. even the new startingisland

The tinker is the strongest candidate

22 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_8M8EI3M1E
Dragonsworn or nothing

7 Likes

how bout we fix the actual game first and the specs we have before adding in a new one

16 Likes

I’d rather see Necromancer

what do I mean you ask?
unholy but even more pets

2 Likes

Honestly dragon sworn is so cringy… like demon hunters are already cringy but dragon borne is next level

5 Likes

Can we seriously stop trying to shill this drivel down people’s throats? Tired of Tinker being asked for.

11 Likes

Given the expansion, necromancer would be the best.

1 Like

I think Tinkers are cringy mostly for their connection to Gnomes.

3 Likes

This is always brought up but not recognized that multiplayer games are built this way intentionally.

Blizzard could have reached balance years ago through homogenize the classes.

It’s a terrible counterpoint

2 Likes

I like the idea of Necromancer myself. Unholy should have been like the 1st generation of Death Knights like Teron Gorefiend. They’d have been the first plate spellcaster. Their gimmick involving pets just doesn’t really fit the class fantasy. I know Blizzard can write it as they like… but The Lich King reviving ghouls and some shmuck knight raising ghouls is a huge difference.

Why does everyone want to play some dragon’s flunky?

Go big or go home, the class is a literal dragon.

2 Likes

They either can’t or won’t, so let’s focus on fun which is arguably easier to deliver.

2 Likes

Dragonsworn is like 12 year old cool… grow up.

This expansion is getting no class.

Honestly if you’re fighting a legion of undead scourge that every ally killed joins their army, maybe a soulless mecha army is better counter than fighting zombie with zombie

3 Likes

It really isn’t, just look at multiple of the specs that are effectively dead like survival hunter. And then you look and see the DPS difference between top and bottom specs are insanely different, and that paladins can heal better than some healers while in their DPS spec.

“Homogenize” and “fair” are 2 different concepts.

You say that like it’s a bad thing lmao.

Just check out this concept I found in MMOchamp for an idea on how awesome a dragonsworn class can be. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2485656-Dragonsworn-Class-Concept-2019-(long)

Plus next expansion will probably be dragon themed given the name drop for the dragon isles, ysera coming back, and Bolvar being literally covered in red dragon fire and being the face of SL. Red dragons being the guardians of life and bolvar posterboying in an expansion about death, coincidence, I think not/

Survival isn’t dead it’s just not popular.

It still performs great in all content.

What? No. The class being a literal dragon was my counter argument for Dragonsworn, which is just dumb.

“I work for a dragon” is not a class. Being an actual dragon would be far more interesting.

If you believe that then you must know vary little about dragonsworn and the dragonflights lore.

Necromancer is still the best class coming out of this expansion.

We’ve had a taste of the true powers of death. Now we use it.

Demon Hunters fight fire with fire. Why not Necromancers?

Tinkers are a good second choice, but Necromancer makes the most sense for the time being.

Then check out the link I linked.