REMINDER: Tinker still best new class candidate

Dragon fans are vegans of the fantasy community… lizard with fire isn’t interesting dude.
I’d rather be a tinker building a mech suit, collecting scrap making bombs, using shrink rays and death lasers

I disagree. While they did push tinkers a lot in BFA, they still want us to like Sylvanas much, MUCH more. So, dark rangers.

If Necros would have ever been a class it would have been for SL. Doubt it ever will be now.

1 Like

Death knights are basically just better necromancers

2 Likes

Bard. Need bards. Facemelt incoming!

Or Mech Jockeys. Gnomes and Gobies only.

I still find it hard to believe how many fantasy archetypes are missing from this game.

that’s like saying Holy Paladin steps on the identity of Holy Priest, Frost DK removes the identity of Frost Mage, Feral Druid removes the identity of all rogue specs, and Resto Shaman steps on the identity of Resto Druid.

That’s not a dragonsworn. Using the name does not make it so.

Dragonsworn is already an established concept, as a mortal who serves a dragon. What the linked thread is describing is just a straight up dragon, which continently is also what I am describing.

Dragon are like a staple part of any fantasy dish. They’re more like the daddy grillers of the fantasy community.

Cause that’s what death knights are… they’re literally better necromancers since they have everything a necro offers while wearing saronite plate making them immune to magical attacks and using runeblade to cast powerful loaded spells… they’re also flat out undead so they don’t need to breath, eat or sleep.

1 Like

To be fair you could be though. The dragons do shapeshift. It could make for an interesting neutral faction that could be any race. It would allow for players to be any race on any faction as they’ve been clamoring for.

Tinker has my full support and would be the next class addition that I’d be the most excited to see.

I don’t agree with the versions of it that many people present here, but any of them would still be better than no Tinker class.

1 Like

No, we don’t need new classes or races

Everything we know from DS’s is from the RPG, which is non cannon.

This gives Blizz complete creative freedom when designing the class. Plus who’s to say Dragonsworn haven’t evolved from what the RPG says if we’re still to go by the RPG, which again is not even cannon.

Elder scrolls online did fine without them for years… not really staple as you think.

Rogue, Mage, Warrior are staple.

They said the same bout Demon Hunters. lol

They’re not.

Death Knights are death knights. Not necromancers. They use death magic sure… they can raise the dead. But thats not what Necromancer is.

Necromancers in wow are casters who wear cloth…

Warlocks and Demon Hunters exist using the same powers. Stop pretending this is any different.

if be “performs great” you mean outclassed by every other dps and brings no utility that the ranged specs don’t also bring, then sure its the best spec in the game

Notice you listed one melee and one caster

Notice dark magic user already has death knight and warlock… melee and caster
… how would a necromancer tank without stepping on death knight identity…

Warlocks have already been robbed 2 times now, stop stealing from warlocks jfc

1 Like

You wouldn’t be able to use a race that isn’t on your faction, because the point of shapeshifting is to fit in.

A dragon wouldn’t use a human form if they wanted to fit in with the Horde, and they wouldn’t use an orc form if they want to fit in with the Alliance.

Most of the details of Dragonsworn as a class comes from the RPG, but there are Dragonsworn NPCs in game.

The word is already in use, and it does not mean “is actually a dragon”

Demon Hunters came out in the climax of the legion story.

One could argue that fighting the cosmic force of death and the guy who forced the creation of Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination is the climax of WoW’s death arc.

You cant be serious if you think there will be ANOTHER death expansion to warrant a necro class…

Doesn’t have to be an actual dragon, can be someone who temporarily turns into a dragon by using draconic magic granted to them. Same crap basically.