Remember when we didn't start with flight at all?

If 5 seconds makes the quality of your life or should I say game life worse , them buddy all I can say is you have much bigger issues then a 5 second cast time.

You didn’t read what I actually wrote, did you. I never said we should do things just because they are the old way. So let me try this for the third time.

Having a class trainer and class quests gave me the feeling of belonging to a class. A feeling of having a profession. Without that it’s just yet another category and a tree structure to learn.

Now do you see the difference between what you thought I said and what I actually said?

Read the posts in this thread, I’m not the only one complaining about it.

So why not ask all of them?

Seeing I started a launch, I can remember back when we never had flight :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know why it replied to you, must be a new feature Bliz screwed up. So lighten up, Francis

I understand their back-end code might require a cast time to toggle. But 5 seconds is obscene, creating friction for the sake of friction, to obliterate .1% edge cases, whatever, it’s not justified.
1.5 sec cast. Must be grounded, dismounts and remounts you if you’re currently mounted (because Dynamic is technically a vehicle). That’s the minimum for how it should work, and would not require much coding on their part.

no?

wrath we could fly at… i think it was 2 levels prior to cap?

cata we could fly straight away

No… what is entitled is these other forums posters and you telling us as customers what we NEED and what we want. I was perfectly fine with my travel form and my DRAGONriding mount before. Thank you. Do not tell us what we need. :cloud_with_rain: 🪽

I hate flying, It kills the world…
well it is what it is.

True and to be honest anyone complaining about a 5 second cast time in a video game has some issues .

I mean do you all complain that you have to stand there for a minute or so to pump gas in your car or do you think it should be instantly filled the very second you put the nozzle in or do you think it should just instantly fill up when you drive past the gas station ?

We all have things we have to wait for in life and yet we have no actual problems with it but people are going to Karen over a 5 second cast time ?

Do better Be better

You could buy an account wide tome of cold weather flying on a max level toon that you could give to your level 78 alts.

I didn’t? I’m confused on what you are talking about.

I just said:

So… :dracthyr_shrug:

That never even made it to release. They began redesigning the sky boxes during alpha and into beta so they could add in flying. So we never experienced absolutely no flight. Just a Pathfinder that took almost as long for some people to earn as it used to be able to earn flying for a ton of gold.

Very few people were ever able to to afford flying “the second” they hit max level. Most I knew, it wasn’t until halfway through the expansion that they could afford it. And that’s across three servers.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely not a fan of how they did the “wait until the very last moment of expansions to unlock flying.”

But let’s not pretend that everyone just immediately bought flying for their main and then all of their alts the moment they hit max level. Some could have. But not all. Unless you were good at playing the AH, had a monopoly on things, etc… it was going to take months of dailies and never buying anything to earn the gold for flying.

What we want is simple. I had the FREEDOM to CHOOSE what I wanted. Dragonriding on one mount and regular flying on another mount or my travel form with no CAST TIME. It you and these other naysayers who do not understand. What we want is CHOICE. It’s quite simple. Ty. :cloud_with_rain: 🪽

1 Like

perfectly acceptable for people to share their feedback here

Come on now, you’re calling Blizzard employees incompetent over this? Holy heck, let’s get some perspective and chill out.

You disagree with a design choice. That’s it. And it’s okay to disagree. Ask for what you want.

Are you replying to the correct person?

I never said I am in disagreement, and I even said I would be in favor of them removing the CD for the swapping ability.

If you are replying to me on purpose, did you read anything I’ve stated or are you just blindly responding to random people.

you could learn flight at 77, because there was content which needed flying to be able to reach.

hmm… nope, gonna have to disagree there.
every second post you’re griping about Ion, with an almost antivaxer style obsession.

I love how many folks purposefully mischaracterize my arguments in order to create a strawman. Let’s use a class-adjacent thing as the example, since you seemed fond of your class trainer mischaracterization:

By your logic you should be allowed to create a character at the character screen and that’s your class. But whenever you were out in the world you could, at any point, transform into a rogue to have access to stealth. You now can avoid any hinders; you can avoid any other players; you have the ability to stealthy past mobs or other players on your way to chests, nodes, rares, and more; and all you need to do to “contribute” to any killing of a world boss, rare, or a lot of world quests is to use a shuriken/pistol shot/poisoned dagger to get full credit.
And then you drop your rogue class and go off into the world using a combination of a Druid’s flight form with a hyper sonic boost attached to it … so you then can transform into a rogue at another point again to … ignore the game.

So here’s my point:

That’s what TBC flying’s mobile afk platform does to the game.
So to limit that and encourage people to use Skydiving (WoW’s now default way to fly which doesn’t have the same ability to afk like that of TBC flying), they made Skydiving hyper fast.
The idea that players should have easy access to a type of action that completely broke most world-related things for the past 16 years … AS WELL AS 800%+ movement speed is… silly. At best.
But… folks want what they want. So you get the option to pick between them, and if you want both, the price of admission is a 5 second long cast time. Otherwise, do as most other folks gonna do, and stick to just one of 'em.

Safe to say… your example was a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit off… because none of this has to do with quality of life, this has to do with human psychology. And the fact that rogues are bastards, and I can say that because I have mained a rogue for this expansion.

Yes, it is you, I am replying to because ur trying to gaslight us into changing our “need”. It is a need. It is a choice and any choice is worth discussing. :cloud_with_rain: 🪽