Remember my Teldrassil theory?

The Forsaken’s home is Capital City. It has been for… well, basically since Warcraft 3 ended.

Nope. They’ve definitely lived in Capital City for nearly 18 years.

So… are you saying that the Forsaken in fact “don’t” have any claim to Lordaeron as a whole? Just want to be clear because I know a lot of Alliance posters have been wondering about that for years.

Big deal if they’ve lived there. It has been Sylvanas’ domain for ages, and it would be a symbolic rebuke of her control over them to leave it behind; why crawl back into a place where she basically brainwashed them?

1 Like

No. I notice you do this a lot. Strawmanning me. If Night Elves default own alll night elf land, and it can literally never be taken from them for more than… idk, an irl month, the same is also true for the Forsaken and Lordaeron.

Their home, however, is Capital City.

1 Like

According to Dreadless, I’m a MHP and therefore am ineligible to contribute to any discussions outside of my narrow lane of shouting “FOR LORDAERON” and arguing about how the Forsaken are evil.

Sure. Whatever you wanna think.

1 Like

And you wonder why I didn’t trust you, saying stuff like this. lmao.

1 Like

AHT AHT AHT hushup, penitence for derailing my thread is bumping my warlock stables idea :V

Fair point, but I’d rather them just own up to their mistake.

“Hey guys, we screwed up. We’re gonna make it right.” is better than “Hey guys, we screwed up. We’re gonna pretend we didn’t.”

2 Likes

Lol @ imagining Blizzard’S creative team admitting to a narrative choice being a mistake openly

Cmon man lol

9 Likes

It would be a great step towards reconciling stuff while requiring nothing more complicated than a press release or series of tweets.

So simple but I think the Sha of Pride will have its way with them instead.

3 Likes

It’s been the status quo forever. I can’t count the number of times Blizzard tried to change warlocks, everyone rebelled, and they quietly change it back.

They’ll never admit to a mistake. Most we’ll get is a functional reversion in a patch.

4 Likes

They haven’t even done this much. I can’t remember who exactly said it, maybe Danuser, but in some interview a Blizz person said that the story team thinks this is the best work they’ve ever done.

The closest they’ve come is when they said that some players didn’t like the mystery of Sylvanas’ motivations, so they’re going to be clear about her plans in Shadowlands. I wouldn’t call that admitting fault, though.

It was Danuser on Twitter, “well I thought it was awesome” iirc

1 Like

I think that was him talking about the Game of Thrones episode that ruined the series. I’m referring to an interview where they were saying that they’re very proud of BfA’s story.

4 Likes

“We’d rather you not play Demonology right now.”

Closest we’ll ever get to them admitting a mistake.

1 Like

Everything you say is speculation and I refuse to argue this when there is no point until we know more. Also, just because Night Warriors end up in Ardenweald that doesn’t prove an Elune connection. You have yet to show me one.

Also, a random connection to Elune through another entity doesn’t make an Elune realm when previously they were supposed to be with Elune and not random entity they never even knew in life.

The Night Warrior, a power bestowed upon mortals by Elune, modeled after her own vengeance/wrath, being guaranteed a spot in Ardenweald independent of anything else in their life, is not enough for you to prove a material connection between Elune and Ardenweald (and thus the Winter Queen)?

Are you kidding me lmao

Sounds reasonable given the lack of some information. It could be a lot of things.

Dude that point isn’t even speculation.

It’s 100% confirmed in the quest dialogue.

The Night Warrior of Elune always goes to Ardenweald, which is an extension of the Winter Queen.

The only part that’s unclear is what is the connection between the Winter Queen, Elune, and Ardenweald, not that there is one.

1 Like

I’m saying why they go there could be independent of some connection between Elune and Ardenwald.

2 Likes

Do you seriously think this is a likely possibility