Remember my Teldrassil theory?

That by the end of Shadowlands Teldrassil will be restored via Ardenweald Magic (probably tied to Tyrande Learning Her Lesson because Revenge Is Bad and releasing the Night Warrior to save the Winter Queen and the forest) with maybe or not the dead Night Elves being mass rez’d?

Well:

My money is thus on my being right and likewise Undercity being restored by The Primus of Maldraxxus helping neutralize the Blight and teaching the Forsaken how to resurrect more dead people but giving them the option to stay undead or go back to death via True Maldraxxus Necromancy.

So Forsaken get to move past needing the Valkyr and the Blight and still raise the dead and have Undercity (Maybe Calia becomes a Lich), and Night Elves get their tree and population back by tying it to Ardenweald.

Called it before, doubling down on my calling it, but we’ll see I guess.

15 Likes

Yup. I called this when BFA was in beta. There was no way they were gonna leave the two cities destroyed.

4 Likes

Yeah but I’m the better oracle cuz I’m more specific and thus more magical if I’m right. :eye:

9 Likes

Oh I’m not nudging you or whatever. Just saying people whined about the world stump for dumb reasons. They lost no hero characters of worth and only temporarily lost their home.

6 Likes

If this one is true they’ll have to forever dispense with the Horde resurrecting Alliance forces and having them turn against their former allies so I’ll be good with that.

10 Likes

Really fixed the whole thing

Raise the guy, ask if they want to go back to death or return to life, if they choose undeath it’s all good

1 Like

You do understand that Blizzard fully intended to reduce player capital cities which they considered a waste of time, a resource not used by the players?

It would be extremely cheesey to just magic those two capitals and regions back.

2 Likes

Which makes no sense cause the Cities are still there via a Bronze Dragon so they didn’t really move anything from the game resource wise, just from the storyline.

If anything they wasted resources updating those areas to just have a destroyed, unusable phase.

24 Likes

Nah I think it’d be cool lore wise. Instead of aspects blessing the tree it’ll be THE FAIRY QUEEN OF SPOOKY DEATH FOREST.

But yeah they’re going to do it imo

They didn’t touch the cities really, just the zones nearest them, if you think about.

2 Likes

Queen of foresight.

I really don’t like the prospect of major Shadowlands powers (or, frankly, any at all) significantly influencing the mortal realms. For the greater good, I suppose.

4 Likes

Aman’thul who? Norgannon who? Velen who? It is Ba’al Samael of Turalyon Server who is the real Oracle of Quel’thalas!

But how else will the mortal races learn to not be dumb again?!

2 Likes

I don’t care. Teldrassil is the second least important city in the entire setting. If the Alliance is getting it back when we lost the most important city in the entire setting, we deserve the most important city back, too.

It was extremely cheesy that civilians could fend off the entire Horde, and yet here we are.

2 Likes

I don’t want Teldrassil to be brought back. Don’t CTRL-Z a big plot point. It trivializes it.

Yeah, the whole, you know, genocide a player race thing really sucked. But, let us move forward into cooler places, not back track and try to pretend it never happened.

20 Likes

Moving forward does not preclude mass rez imo

Especially not if their memories are kept of their pain and suffering

1 Like
  1. Get the souls out of the Maw.
  2. Kill Sylvanas.
  3. Move to Nordrassil.

That’s what I want. Don’t bring them back. Don’t bring Teldrassil back. It’s what’s possible against what’s satisfying. Like… What’s the message? “Genocide’s not that big a deal! There’s death magic to undo it!”

Meanwhile, the Sin’dorei are sitting there thinking, “Geez, would have been nice back when Arthas came knocking.”

20 Likes

I can’t imagine anything more insulting than just “lol rez!” to be the end result of the War of the Thorns and the Burning. We’d be reaching new levels of unimaginably lazy and manipulative writing.

21 Likes

The status quo for the past ten years from where I’m sitting

To be fair Sunwell was also restored the same xpac Belves were added.

Yeah a little bit. Wish fulfillment that doesn’t exist IRL. In my home country some fascist paramilitaries committed acts of genocide to my grandpa’s family and more than half the tribe, and exterminated other tribes.

Genocide can’t be undone in reality, but it can be undone in WoW. It’s a fantasy game after all, and we are starting an xpac centered on the realms of death.

So why not take advantage of that and let something happen in the game that those of us in reality aren’t able to experience?

2 Likes

You’re entitled to like what you like, but… Personally, it’s not a plot point I’d want to see explored.

10 Likes

I don’t think its possible for Teldrassil to be restored to what it was before. Reviving the tree will still leave everything that was on it destroyed, so it might still require resettlement and a new city.

1 Like

Yeah but what I mean is now there’s no battle haze nonsense if you assume it’s a sober resurrection so there should be no more Alliance troops accepting the rez and immediately slaughtering their former kin.

6 Likes