Remember my Teldrassil theory?

I’m so tired of this story because it’s not remotely true. The Alliance declared war on Zandalar the very moment that the kidnapped the Princess. Revenge was inevitable the moment that Talanji came home. The Alliance headed off the trolls before that revenge could be meted out.

The idea that Rastakhan would just shrug and not care that his daughter had been kidnapped is beyond comical.

Yeah sneaking into the treasurey and undoing literally everything the Horde had worked for in the War Campaign surely does not account as showing victory on screen.

I needn’t remind you that plenty of Alliance folk were saying the Horde was helpless and the Alliance could destroy it until Madelaine Roux’s book came out and said the Alliance was also busted. Which is, coincidentally, the reverse of what you just said. Even if Teldrassil was “an on screen win” for uh… the two Horde players who wanted to be villains.

Hi, Deathisfinal.

Those cutscenes were literally the only thing the honor Horde got this expansion besides fifteen minutes of quests. The rest was being Sylvanas’s villainous toady. Where the Alliance was winning non-heccing-stop, honor Horde was double losing: Losing to the Alliance and Losing to the Traitor Horde.

I fully agree that they don’t seem to be planning much of anything out beyond “Well this is the war expansion. This is the death expansion.”

Unfortunately, Blizzard’s stating that’s their intended modus operandi. Along with giving skewed visions of what happened. They’re trying to do what Bethesda does with the Elder Scrolls, but without any finesse.

1 Like

The Zandalar are responsible for attacks against the Horde and the Alliance; the Alliance had every right to arrest them for the Zandalari’s involved during the MoP war, and the Cata troll events.

He can be pissed, sure, but the Zandalari (even if it was under Zul) still did attack the Alliance first.

The value of the scepter was never something Alliance players became intimately familiar with; I vaguely remember it being a single quest leading in that was “the Horde have this, go get it.”

It’s a crappy trick for Blizz to play, because it doesn’t give the Alliance players any fist pumping moment, it just ticks Horde players off. The same thing with the dagger item, whatever the hell it was.

Suddenly “the Horde has it” but there’s legit no story lead up to explain why they do or how it’s important. And yet it’s the entire lead in to Naz’jatar.

Blizzard needs to smooth out the linking chains and transitions, because it leads to empty victories and confusing plot turns.

Inconsistencies, again; Blizzard isn’t doing a good job at all here at keeping things straight. They’re not giving players concrete information, and it’s only furthering the confusion and disappointment.

Horde and Alliance power levels, however, have always been hotly debated by fans; I’m not going to comment on it because it’s entirely speculative.

Agreed. No one got anything good out of it.

This should be plastered above the door at Blizz HQ.

2 Likes

I agree with that. Either way, they had something to gain in attacking Zul’Dazar.

There are two points here I’d like to address.

1: It doesn’t matter if the player is aware of how important the scepter is, because the player is shown trumping the hecc out of the Horde’s defenses, fooling them, and stealing stuff they know is important to them even if they don’t know why it’s important.

2: I don’t agree that it’s just a blob of “The Alliance doesn’t know what the scepter is.” Blizzard very clearly wanted us to play both factions. They hid a Wolf mount behind this achievement that required doing the war campaigns on both factions.

lmao

And they’re fools for doing so. They advertised this entire expansion as CHOOSE YOUR FACTION, DECLARE YOUR LOYALTIES, and then entirely leave half the story out; it’s ridiculous, especially when they pigeon holed both factions into positions that very few ever wanted.

Just because they know it may be important, that doesn’t establish a firm understanding of its relevancy, and thus can be easily categorized as “another fetch quest”. Blizzard should have been very picky about which quests we do against the other faction, because the build up was trash.

5 Likes

Metzen said that before he left Blizzard, word was passed down from on High that the focus of the expansion had changed and that Sylvanas was going to burn the world tree. So, I’m inclined to believe the original point of the expansion was in line with the advertisements and commercials, but got shoehorned into what we got in the end.

I disagree because, again, you’re trumping the hecc out of the Horde’s defenses and make them look like dummies the entire quest chain.

On one hand, yes. On the other? BfA deserves to be trivialized.

I would not be surprised if Teldrassil came back due to fan backlash.

5 Likes

Aren’t we still waiting on the outcome of those?

Rastakhan was hardly a coup for the Alliance seeing as they weren’t(still aren’t really if the book is any indication from the part I’ve read so far) a member of the Horde and Saurfang died on his terms to save the Horde.

Are never worth jack because, thanks to Anduin, they’re always the only thing we really get because he’s such a pathetic pacifist.

9 Likes

This is a beyond tiresome argument. We’ve known since before BFA came out that Zandalar would be a Horde addition. That ship has long sailed. We lost Rastakhan, the oldest Troll Alive, probably the most powerful Prelate alive, for the Alliance’s victory.

Mission table confirms Ashenvale.
Danuser (or Ion, i don’t remember which) confirmed Darkshore and Arathi.

You are currently talking to a fan of the Honor Horde. Whose leg do you think you’re pulling?

And just to be clear, when I said to stop presuming things about people because it makes you come off as ridiculous, I was being serious.

Took me a bit to get finished with some work and log in, but here’s a nice screencap.

https://imgur.com/a/QopRfZQ

3 Likes

Nevermind. You’re right. I went to check my own armory, and the achievement isn’t listed either.

:yawning_face: :roll_eyes:

Love it when this stuff just writes itself.

3 Likes

Nine times out of ten, trusting the website makes more sense. You have reason to lie. The website doesn’t.

I have absolutely no reason to lie. We’re talking about a stupid video game, not some IRL treasure of grand value. If you feel like you need to lie about your opinions and history on games, that’s saying something about you - but it doesn’t apply to me.

I’ve played both factions; I’ve been around since launch; I’ve been RPing since what feels like forever; I’ve been a GM of several long running guilds over the past decade; and I hate bullies and jerks who lurk on forums. That’s all there is to me.

4 Likes

You’re arguing with me about whether or not you play both factions. That’s reason to lie. Your entire argument hinges on your neutrality (Zahirwrite pulled the very same argument, but later admitted he hates the Horde.)

You know who isn’t arguing? The website.
And I also think the disingenuous claim of “presumption” falls flat when I literally went to check your profile for proof to your claims. There’s no presumption there. That’s just fact-checking.

You do presume, a hell of a lot and very frequently, not just about me but about many other players as well.

And I’m glad to know you’re fact checking (important life skill in the real world), but you can also just… you know, not go crazy and make a huge deal about thinking that everyone talking about this game is a liar who is out to trick you, or whatever delusion you’re operating under.

My posts have pretty much always come from a neutrality stand point. I don’t say “us” or “we” when referring to factions, mainly because I choose not to identify with one or the other, but also because people like yourself get so entrenched and become hostile towards players.

I use this character as my forum posting toon because it was my guild master character around the time I started hitting the forums more frequently, and that was for visibility purposes with recruitment. So, your “MHP” denigrations are being wasted. I could easily post on my Blood Elves or Orcs or Tauren or Void Elves or Dwarves or Worgen or Night Elves or literally any other character or class I’ve leveled over the past fifteen/sixteen years.

You choose to be a jerk based on what you initially perceive, even if you can’t be sure it’s a clear picture of who you’re talking to. Pretty awful way to start a discussion with someone, if you ask me.

2 Likes

You’re fully infavor of denying the Forsaken their homeland. That doesn’t scream a neutral party.
That screams MHP.

1 Like

I’m fully in favor of them getting new development? Oh, how awful. A player dared to say that the Forsaken should have more than a crumbling ruin that is symbolic of their entire society being tied to a villain that will forever overshadow them.

How is that a bad thing that I want more story development and new possibilities for the Forsaken? Just because my idea for their development doesn’t coincide with your conservative, preservationist bias has absolutely no bearing on my neutrality from a faction stand point.

5 Likes

You keep saying this, stating that if they get their homeland back that they cannot develop. This is a black and white fallacy.

1 Like

while yall arguing on my thread give #warlockstables a bump please uwu

5 Likes

The Forsaken’s home is LORDAERON, not JUST the capitol city. There are a dozen places they could use that would be cooler and more easy to update. Stratholme has MORE relevance to their history and origins as it was the first place that Arthas purged.

Reclaiming that, striking diplomatic accords with the Argents over territorial claims, purging the Scourge from eastern Lordaeron, rebuking the Ebon Blade, doubling down on their pact with the Blood Elves - these are all things that could be achieved by moving the Forsaken out of the crumbling ruins of a city that was ugly and annoying to navigate.

To say that anyone suggesting ideas other than what you want is wrong or bad, or that it invalidates their opinions or neutrality, is to try and prop yourself up as the sole creative mind and owner of ‘correct’ thoughts, which is total bs.

1 Like