Remember my Teldrassil theory?

For sure, and that’ll help plot development :smiley:

yup

That tweet is most likely nothing, but they said something similar back in 2018 (not letting me link, remove the space before the .net):

eurogamer .net/articles/2018-08-22-telling-world-of-warcrafts-story-is-challenging-because-its-spread-across-more-than-the-game-blizzard-says

Obviously if they are just going to regrow it it’s likely they didn’t see destroying it as a big deal and they don’t know what to do with that story line. That is why BfA is almost devoid of talking about it, but then people being upset about it has made them change course a lot especially after how badly the 8.1 scenario was received.

4 Likes

I think it would be better if the Night Elves were in fact revived, but move to Nordrassil instead.

I dont remember your Teldrassil theory, but I like mine better.

I still think Teldrassil is an evil old god sleeper agent. And its death will send it to the Shadowlands, where it will take root as the cursed Old God creation it is, and infect the forests of Ardenweald.

As if killing Teldrassil and sending it to the Shadowlands to infect it was the will of the Old Gods from the trees inception.

Maybe Teldrassil will be a raid boss or a world boss or something.

Trees can regrow is what he said.
Not resurrect magically and instantly to the state it was in before, and with it, the entire population of wildlife and structures and night elves that were on it.

Sounds like extrapolation to me.

5 Likes

But…they dont need Ardenweald to restore Teldrassil. Malfurion should already be able to do it him self. Fandral Staghelm grew Teldrassil, and he’s not as powerful as Malfurion.

2 Likes

They only need the Night Elves in Ardenweald to Portal back to Azeroth and move into Teldrassil.

Teldrassil can be healed yet the chunk missing out of it’s side will make the right side of the thing precarious and requiring a limit on how many people can walk on it until Malfurion can grow supports to keep the Right side from falling due to weight.

1 Like

You know, I usually expect some sort of… intricate… explanation from you. The simplicity of this, in contrast, gave me a chuckle.

3 Likes

We’ll see. Not the first time Blizzard has hinted (or even outright said) something that didn’t come to pass.

I do think anyone acting that this is hard confirmation (not that you are) is dumb.

3 Likes

There are the real life examples of the Hibakujumoku (trees that regrew after the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki).

Malfurion can grow a new tree. They will need Ardenweald for the lost Night Elves.

1 Like

I have to agree that it would be incredibly cheap to just regrow Teldrassil. It was a horrible storyline, but it happened, and undoing it would be writing just as bad.

7 Likes

Yeah, but my point is, it takes time. He is proposing resurrection via Ardenweald rather than slow regrowth. Even Nordrassil survived Archimondes explosion but took time to regenerate.

1 Like

The problems aren’t that they burned the Tree and everyone in it. The problems are they had no idea how to incorporate it into the story properly going forward.

The most common thing I see/read about this is that it is their Game of Thrones moment, basically their version of the Red Wedding. But it is like all they saw was the event itself and didn’t see (or understand) everything that came afterwards.

The Red Wedding wasn’t something that happened then went away, it colored everything to do with Houses Lannister, Frey, and Bolton from that point on. Everyone had an opinion on it (mostly negative) and the perpetrators were beset by enemies either out of revenge, justice (they broke ancient law of guest right), and just being an opportunist amid the chaos. You see this more in the books than the show that cut a good bit of it or reassigned stuff to other characters (Arya didn’t do the pies made from members of House Frey, that was Wyman Manderly, Lord of White Harbor)

To have this not be retconned in some fashion then the Cenarion Circle has to have an opinion, the Argent Crusade has to, The Ebon Blade has to, the Kirin Tor has to. They don’t have to all be “burn the horde” but they are going to have to acknowledge this happened cause it was that big of an event.

Taran Zhu can’t be allowed to hide from it. Khadgar is going to have to explain continued support of the Horde to the Kirin Tor. Teldrassil should of been a big item with the Zandalari in negotiations about allying with the Horde, not because they would have felt anything for the Night Elves but because “you want me to ally with you right after you start a world war?”

There is a bunch of reasons why BFA ending as nothing more than N’Zoth induced nightmare was the best sounding ending. Not because a soft reset was the best solution but it fixed everything that was broken in a way that made sense.

33 Likes

We shall see. They lied before looks at BfA

It would also make this expansion even less meaningful.

No one is getting either back. The devs had wanted to get rid of player capital cities so they’re not giving these two back.

1 Like

Takes time naturally but in reality we don’t have a small army of Druids to throw at it so it can be sped up.

Having the Alliance and Horde druids team up with the Cenarion Circle for this could be a nice step towards putting the recent war behind us. Aside from Anduin and Baine, it would be Malfurion and Hamuul Runetotem with enough personal respect between the two to pull it off.

And after Teldrassil we can see what can be come up with for that large puddle of Blight in Tirisfall.

3 Likes

Priorities changed when they saw how mad the playerbase was.

4 Likes

Yeah from add-on tracking, of the 3.5 Million who had weak auras downloaded, number went down to 1.8 or so Million, after jumping from 2 to 3.5 million Pre bfa.

Over one million people didn’t just change their preferred proc tracking system lol

4 Likes

Would be nice if they’d release an updated Teldrassil, either that or give Night Elves a new home in Hyjal. They don’t HAVE to live in trees, you know ?

2 Likes

Huh, that’s interesting to hear. When did most of this dip occur? I assume it’s not just end-of-expansion doldrums for it to be notable, is it?

1 Like