Release RDF in Phases?

Maybe they should add RDF along with the release phases.

Phase 1 they add the 10-70 dungeons. This will go a long way to fight the boosters and reduce the LFG chat spam so that it’s more usable for the 71-80 dungeons. This will allow for people to run dungeons while leveling and make the “Classic Dungeonmaster” and “TBC Dungeonmaster” achievements easier to get.

Phase 2 they add the normal 71-80 dungeons. This is more of a catch-up mechanic for alts or people that started later. Adding this later may also help the first phase “feel more alive” which seems to be a major concern of the people against RDF. This will further reduce LFG chat spam so that people can still use it to form heroic groups.

Phase 3 or 4 they add the heroic dungeons with emblem rewards. Most of the “hardcore” people will be past dungeon and emblem gear at this point so this will act as a further catch-up mechanic.

They should make it cross-server for the smaller realms and same-server for the larger ones. Don’t be surprised if Blizzard starts new rounds of free server transfers off of low population realms to further consolidate the player base.

As far as the instant teleport. We have summoning stones and flying to help people get to the instance. The only place where it may be required is for the Alliance in Ragefire Chasm and Horde in Stockades. Maybe just have it for those two instance/faction pairings.

4 Likes

They should make the smaller realms into Connected Realms so that people don’t need cross-server RFD, and the people on Connected Realms can continue to play together once they leave the instance with their newfound friends.

1 Like

Why not just add in halfway into the expansion like they did in the original?

2 Likes

Given their track record, they’re more likely to offer free transfers instead of implementing a connected realms system. But really you get to the same place either way.

“Given their track record” their solution in the past was to never close a server, and just Connect them.

So I have no idea why people think they have a track record of fixing server populations with transfers.

To combat boosters, reduce LFG chat spam and act as a catch-up mechanic.

3 Likes

This isn’t the worst idea I’ve ever heard, but I still think they should just release it as was, but during prepatch.

5 Likes

Absolutely no LFD period. The day LFD touches the game is the day I quit. Improved group finder/group lister is OK, LFD in any form is not. No teleporting, no cross realm, no automated groups.

3 Likes

A lot of people will come back to play if they put it in pre-patch. Every TBC dungeon will be 4 DKs and a healer. :laughing:

5 Likes

They should do exactly that for that reason alone, we can arrange to power level as many healers as we can find.

1 Like

Yes, and DKs mean the tank pool will be larger too.

They should have been offering free transfers to low pop realms and transfers to low pop factions since Classic released, hopefully they consider it now because the issues are beginning to pile up. (E.g. Wintergrasp)

I don’t think connected realms are a good solution because you still can’t guild with connected realms, and that’s a very important social system, maybe the most important.

LFD won’t eliminate that. I would simply sit in a main city before queueing my boost group in the finder and I could charge more in the process. You clearly haven’t thought this through.

I said combat, not eliminate. It’s not a perfect solution but it would hopefully reduce the demand.

2 Likes

i really like this idea it makes it so you still have to lvl to 80 with no lfd but maybe even do 15-70 dungeons in pre patch that could be really fun

guys this is actually the best solution to lfd tool this guy is next level this is how it should be

1 Like

It would give players an alternative from sifting through a never ending sea of selling dungeon spam. Which would be a good thing.

1 Like

you know there is an ignore player feature right? you type their name in and never see their chat anymore.

But I get it, typing is hard.

good good, losing few players because dungeon finder exists is way better than losing thousands if it doesn’t exist.

you won’t be missed lvl 10elf, kkthxbye

4 Likes

I hit the ignore limit on Mankrik in about a half hour.

But nice troll attempt.