Region wide AH needs to go, or be balanced around

In order to make money on AH via crafting, you have to bot, though.

Many people find botting distasteful.

Not within the first month or two of expac release.

There, normal players can do so easily.

Now? margins are probably negative or barely worth it.

1 Like

One can gather while doing quests or waiting for raid. I maihgt not be “rich” in game, even with other 1M gold, but I have it set up so my crafters can gather their own mats and I have others, like a skinner/enchanter, that can help provide mats for others (this includes 3 2x gathering proff toons).

Its amazing while supply cant meet demand tho. It only takes a hit when demand drops off and oversupply bcomes an issue.

First 4 weeks into xpac, farm and sell gathered mats because they are at a premium and people need them to level professions. You will make enough gold that you can then buy the mats needed to level a profession and still be in profit.

That’s where you’re wrong. Supply can’t meet demand makes it extra lucrative for crafters.

AKA Things are affordable and not being jacked up to make me rich.

What you are seeing is the true market price for items. Supply and demand. These materials should be this price and not a few gold each just to make the farmers happy.

3 Likes

It also has the benefit of gathers being able to charge a premium.

Guildy farmed herbs for 4 weeks start of DF and sold everything they farmed to a single craftr for an agreed price - just send via mail, the craftr bought everything, no waste no ah fees. They then bought wow tokents for bneet balance, bought d4 and 18 months worth of gamtime.

Yes - 4 weeks paid for another bnet game and the expansions worth of playtime + a few million in change.

Hard pass… I love it.

That gatherer lost out.

It’s like selling 50% under the AH, I’d instantly take that deal too.

Crafters pay 20x more, and sell for 1000x more lol. I did offer above AH prices when the AH itself was like impossible to use.

Maybe in the sense of actual gold value - but 4 weeks worth of gathering paid for their entire DF experience + another game. Pretty sure he was happy. Im also pretty sure the crafter was happy.

Fixed that for you. :rofl:

1 Like

The auction house should be a global economy just like in real life where the stock market is worldwide.

1 Like

Except regions aren’t connected at all.

1 Like

Care to clarify on what you mean on “aren’t connected”?

US and EU systems are completely separate.

1 Like

I have never bought a token using real money, and never will. I have spent more than 30 million gold buying game time and blizzbucks via the token and its all that keeps me playing. And I still have enough gold to buy ~75 months of game time. I don’t farm, and still have no trouble making 300-400k every month passively through my normal play style (and 10 garrison/sanctums). Have to admit once the phone app stops working I may have to do some actual farming. :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

1 Like

I’ll be buying more than a few tokens so I don’t need to farm 3 mil + to get all the War Band bank tabs. :person_gesturing_no:

I feel like there is a lot of activity in that passive play style.

1 Like

Oooooooh, so this is why everything on the AH just got waaaay more affordable, I was so confused. :laughing:

Good.

Stop charging people an arm and a leg for basic stuff.

How do you want Blizz to “balance” a player made market?

At this point, yeah.

2 Likes