Region wide AH needs to go, or be balanced around

The region wide AH needs to go or be balanced around.

Ever since it’s implementation, common trade good and consumables have hit rock bottom. Prices of crafting materials and consumables were never this low, not even during WoD garrisons.

The games crafting and gathering systems do not support such a large scale AH, and the cost of materials and consumables shows this.

Please remove the region wide AH, or balance the crafting and gathering systems around it existing.

4 Likes

I love this new ah system. No more ah goblins controlling an entire market on a server. No more limited mats.

No more ah goblins buying out the entire listing of a required mat to relist at a 700% markup.

I recall an ex guildy being so angry at no longer being able to control markets he actually hurt the server in shadowlands by preventing access to the highest rank of crafted leggo bases to ensure he made 100 million gold before the change, then stopped controlling thm.

Im glad this this removed from the game - cant buyout the entire listing of phantasmal haunch for 3 million gold (13g60s average price) and relist it at 76g60s each to control the feast market for raids.

49 Likes

Even if then revert that change now it will not matter. With warbands coming you can make a level 1 on any server, draw gold from your warband, make an AH purchase, put the item in the warband bank and you can draw it out on any server.

Edit:
That said they may as well put everything into one big AH.

8 Likes

I like the new system, it has balanced the economy, I can buy potions for raids easily and things get bought up immediately. I’m not much of a farmer but for a while Islefin Dorado was going for 165g each – it was great.

3 Likes

Well done, young man. I’d not thought of that but I’m a low pop server, visiting the AH in Stormrage for some cheap stuff is a great idea.

3 Likes

Good. The prices should be low.

It still costs me thousands of gold in materials to craft one piece of gear.

9 Likes

The new system vexes the barons? This is best thing blizzard has ever done.

22 Likes

It doesn’t.
All it does is make the WoW token massively more appealing for obtaining high quantities of gold.

2 Likes

WoW token been in the game for how many years? I stil havent bought one. DF has been the best expansion so far for consumables for raiding and m+ considering in the past i had to level every profession to create my own consumables i needed or it would have required tokens.

5 Likes

Working as intended to keep players from earning enough gold by gathering to cover their playing expenses.

2 Likes

“things are too cheap to buy on the AH. its gonna make all those people buy a token”

what

The one thing I know about the GD forums. Any action, even opposite actions, will be stated to be a reason that people buy more tokens.

Prices too low? Its to get people to buy tokens.

Prices too high? Its to get people to buy tokens.

23 Likes

The things you can sell to make profit do not make enough gold.
If you want exclusive things, i.e. black market items or expensive mounts, you’re gonna have to pay for WoW tokens.

Economics 101: a deflated economy is a dying/bad one.

1 Like

Prices go higher, and now the thing you can buy is so expensive you have to buy tokens.

“Economics 101” rules dont apply when you can add to the economy from a source outside of the world.

2 Likes

Its probably for the best that people can actually just play the game and still afford stuff vs prices being hyper-inflated

5 Likes

Sure they do. Timing is key. Early expansion mats, profession tools, best in slot items (lariet crafters in s1 that i know of made 30-40 million within 3 weeks due to how rare the pattern was + the profession points neded to make a max rank version).

2 Likes

Region-wide AH was implemented in Shadowlands.

Just to take one Dragonflight example, Awakened Air started at 5,000g each when the expansion came out, was 500g a week later, 140g 3 months after that, 150g 6 months after that, and 100g 6 months after that.

Whichever of these were “rock bottom”, they were ALL post-region-wide AH. Region-wide AH has nothing to do with anything.

2 Likes

Yes it does, I’ve played WoW since Vanilla beta and AH prices have never been this terrible.

If anything region wide ah prevented this item from being inflated.

5k at start > droppd to 140g > jumped to 150g > some ah goblin seen this as demand increasing and bought the entire listing on a server > 7k each

Mayb the op is an angry ah goblin.

5 Likes

No, I just want professions to be worth using instead of farming RFC being more gold/hr.

The hard truth that some people have to face is that professions aren’t there to have gold flow into your pocket; professions are there for people to flesh out and customize their characters.

“I picked herbalism so I’m entitled to a constant flow of gold.” No.

5 Likes