Region wide AH needs to go, or be balanced around

I have mained this warrior sinc 2005 and have been blacksmithing and mining since the first time i could pick a profssion. DF and region wide ah has been the first time ive made more gold from smithing that i have invested leveling it.

Professions are extremly worth it like i said its based on timing and market demand. You sound kinda jadeed you can no longer control the demand of something to increase profits.

2 Likes

Because of the region wide AH, I’ve made more gold this expac than any other.

80? mil or something within the first two months. It’s a huge blessing.

4 Likes

The problem with wanting professions to be profitable is the sheer number of players who are fine with just breaking even with professions. If professions are profitable more players will start participating in professions until they are no longer profitable. Players complained about DF profession complexity but professions being profitable would require significantly more barriers to entry, such as more low RNG recipe drops or Shadowland’s paywalls.

1 Like

It’s okay, profs come in a cycle. I’ll be selling stuff at 5000% markup or more when new expac hits.

Maybe make a billion gold and call it quits.

Hi. Do you need a goblin to adopt and leave in your will?

1 Like

And the the cycle continues - removing you from the markt competition and into the customer demand! Your billions of gold will support my 300% markups in a markeet wher you ar no longer being the 5000% markup competition.

5000% mark ups to 300% mark ups.

Is this that trickle down economics I heard so much about

2 Likes

Knowing how profs work now, and the ability to take advantage of the knowledge will put me ahead of the competition. I expect to vastly exceed my lowly 80 mil profit next expac.

It’s going to be glorious.

If demand outpaces supply, it gives professions a license to print gold.

Yeah I pick alchemy, level it to 25 then never touch professions again.
Really fleshed out my character.
Can we have WOTLK/CAT profession perks back? At least I had more than 0 options to choose from, even though WOTLK/CAT professions were god awful.

Cata profs were great, just I wasn’t in the game.

The darkmoon rush.

Prof specific bonuses suck.

This isn’t true at all. I could go gather herbs, turn them into potions/flasks, and instantly make gold by putting them on the AH.
Now I’m literally better off farming RFC for gold.

I was, of course, referring to people who actually play the game.

I would love that, but Ghostcrawler said that it led to casual players feeling they “had” to pick a profession, so that was a no go.

You mean what I’m doing right now as I type this post, waiting for my BG blitz to pop?

I dislike it.

Right now, technically, characters are experiencing penalties (however minor) by not being an alchemist, and an engineer.

The problem is that the alchemy perk stuck around but nothing else did.

Well, maybe the tailor cloth-gathering thing. Nobody seems to know if that’s still active or not.

Be warned alot of peoplee didnt understand the profession changes going into DF or the pacing of profession knowledge points and the way particular items were bis.

JC had an unknown advantage going into DF - early on expect profession tools to be a large profit - anything to do with herbing is always a money maker (herb sickles were a huge profit for me).

I gathered my guild some 100+ sources of info from bta testing regarding DF professions and most of it was ignored until they had no idea how professions worked at s1. The majority of the playerbase now knows this system tho.

Economic perks can be whatever, but combat benefits within instanced content.

Who is using consumablees in s4 tho? They arent needed to clear heroic raids and most mythic guilds are treating s4 as a casual brak before tww - cata classic, sod and remix rmoved a huge chuck of the playerbase from rtail and those who would buy those items.

Pretty sure herbing and alchy will remain a fantastic profession for goldmaking in TWW early on, its a timing issue not a regional Ah issue.

In addition to that, if one gathers and makes the things themselves, whatever price they put on the AH is likely to be almost pure profit (allowing for vendor mats, like cheap vials for alchemy).

Really, the only ones that complain about profit if prices are “low” are those that think to make gold they need to play the AH/

2 Likes

I still think that poor people gather and rich people craft applies.

Gathering is so inefficient.