Regarding the july 23 patch

So, I posted about this earlier today. And had someone respond rather quickly that I guess you only have to complete “The Harbinger” quest. Which is supposed to be a rather quick quest.

I had the same reaction as you. Like I avoided DF because I came in late and wasn’t too interested in it or Dragon riding. Just to find out in order to participate in TWW I’m being forced to complete content I don’t want to do.

I digress, turns out “complete the Dragonflight final quest” might actually be “complete The Harbinger quest”

I see. Another lie. Or are you claiming that the person I quoted saying 1 hour, maybe 2 was lying? There’s a huge difference between 1-2 hours and 10 minutes.

Another lie? Are you actually going to pretend that you haven’t spent literal years on this forum complaining about the game?

Well, aren’t you quite the unlikeable one. Does it come naturally, or do you have to work at it?

The fact that you still refuse to believe that people exist who do still quest and perhaps even enjoy questing, but simply did not play during DF is evidence of your bias against anyone who doesn’t play the game in the way that you do.

Breaking everyone down into either “has completed all the quests” or “is opposed to doing any quests and shouldn’t have access” is just a ridiculous notion that is completely fallacious.

You are completely ignorant on how disorientating entering an expansion late is, and how difficult trying to achieve all the required prerequisites for specific questline unlocks is.

I can assure you it is incredibly overwhelming, even for veteran players, and that’s an issue if that is what is confronting returning or new players stepping foot in a pre-patch release.

1 Like

This does not appear to be correct. :face_with_monocle:

I completed the “Harbinger” quest line, but I did not receive “Visions of Azeroth” after the servers resumed tonight.

Is there anywhere that actually confirms which quests need to be completed to be eligible for this quest line?

Note that we are not referencing the July 30th event, we are referencing this:

"

Visions of Azeroth

Strange visions are calling to the heroes of Azeroth. Players who have reached level 70 and have completed the final chapter of the Dragonflight questline will be called to take their next steps into the story leading into The War Within with the first part of the “Visions of Azeroth” questline.
"

That doesn’t start until the 30th.

As we have said for what feels like 8 times just since I’ve joined the conversation, the harbinger questline is what is considered the one you need. That’s literally it.

No one asked.

No. “Call of the Radiant Echoes” starts on July 30th. “Visions of Azeroth” is in a different section of the news update.

Completed that questline, did not get the new questline, so this is incorrect. And that is why I asked for clarification.

It’s part of the event. The only new quest today were the ones in Gadgetzan.

If that’s so, they really flubbed the announcement, and they need to post clarification somewhere.

“Visions of Azeorth” is listed in one section.
The next section is the update to dragonriding, which did go live tonight.
And the section after that is for “Call of the Radiant Echoes,” which has the July 30th date listed but does not mention “Visions for Azeroth” at all.

They don’t even discuss the same things in both sections. Visions talks about strange visions calling the heroes of Azeorth, and Radiant Echoes talks about confronting the memories of Azeroth.

It makes absolutely no sense to list them in two different parts of the announcement if they are part of the same event, and there is no evidence in said announcement that the two are at all connected.

And if you click on the update notes link from the launcher announcement, that article has two sections between “Radiant Echoes” and “Visions” with zero indication that the two topics are directly related.

And, lo, if you go to the “Radiant Echoes” event overview, there is no mention of the questline there at all.

Event starts on 30th

Not asking about the event. Asking about the quest.

Dont know what youre not understanding deapite 3 people telling you.

the prepatch quest doesnt start until the prepatch event starts. If it started yesterday, you would have gotten it with the warband quests.

This was not confirmed until the trailer that came out during the maintenance yesterday. The original announcement, the overview pages, nothing indicated that it was coming out with “Radiant Echoes.” It was listed separately, alongside things that did come out yesterday, like Warbands. And I didn’t see that trailer until someone on here told me about it instead of just troll-responding “we all already knew it wasn’t coming out until the 30th despite no confirmation of this because Amani is best.”

Funny how I didnt ask. Ingame isnt the forums. Take that bad attitude somewhere else to be honest.

Funny, because there are several forum posts about it, and people were asking about it in-game last night. But if you don’t see it, it must not be so, I guess.

To the person who replied “what have you been up to the last few years” in response to OP post… I guess you never assumed people might have recently joined and had have not had chance to finish the questline.

1 Like