Regarding the july 23 patch

Thanks! Good news. Personally happy to leave the Dragon Isles behind.

Iā€™m preeeeeeetty sure that the Harbinger quest breadcrumb will automatically pop for a fresh 70 regardless of storyline completion. I know that it has for all my 70s, but thatā€™s a bad test since I previously completed the story on some of my alts.

Still, though, is it really a priority for someone just starting the game, or just coming back to the game after roughly the whole expansion, to get to one short questline at the very end of the story thatā€™s VERY likely just something like, ā€œGo here, pick up this book, bring me back this knife, watch us exposition a bit, okay youā€™re doneā€?

They can still jump right in to the Radiant Echoes event. If they feel like they want to go back and do the story bits they can, but I feel like people are getting upset on behalf of a very limited number of theoretical people who wanted to skip the whole story but then now are theoretically incensed that they canā€™t see the end of the story that they werenā€™t interested in without seeing the other story.

1 Like

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Fortunately the Harbinger questline only takes like 30 minutes to do :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t bought the expansion. I canā€™t afford it due to RL issues right now. I am guessing since I havenā€™t purchased it, none of what happens (talent Reset, warbands etcā€¦) will have any impact on me, Correct?

No you will get all the changes except access to TWW content.

Owning TWW doesnā€™t affect pre patch.

Can confirm. Came back for Remix and TWW. Played through DF and had the Harbinger quest line once I got to Valdrakken. (I was already 70)

1 Like

Ohā€¦. Thatā€™s highly unfortunate. I havnt done the main story on the class I want to main going forward either but have it on like 5 chars. Guess I gotta blast through it now still have awhile to get it done i guess

Visions of Azeroth

Strange visions are calling to the heroes of Azeroth. Players who have reached level 70 and have completed the final chapter of the Dragonflight questline will be called to take their next steps into the story leading into The War Within with the first part of the ā€œVisions of Azerothā€ questline.

so this is what I posted about in a different excerpt earlier ----

this clearly states you have to finish the DF questlineā€” or does someone at Blizzard not have great command of the english language?

because Hunt for the Harbinger isnt the final quest in DF-- its a pre, pre-patch quest

Not the whole storylineā€¦ just Hunt for the Harbinger.

Not the whole DF storyline.

as we all know, campaign quests in WoW cant be skipped to the end, ever.

They are sequenced and have to be done in order.

If what they are alluding to is indeed the Harbinger quest-- WHY NOT SAY HARBINGER QUEST?

WHY SAY COMPLETED THE FINAL DF QUEST?

Wrong. That was changed in 10.2.7.

And what quest chain are they alluding to? Ive hardly done any of the DF campaign since start of DF and I have a ton of DF quests on the table.

what are they alluding too-- what questline?

the fact they they posted YOU HAVE TO DO THE FINAL QUESTLINE MEANS WHAT?

The have never done and brand new expansion that required us to finish the prior expansions questline

This is the one needed for the pre-patch.

ok

i did do that-- but that was a pre, pre-patch quest-- not a DF quest

very confusing the way they have worded it

1 Like

It was the final DF questline leading into The War Within with the first part of the ā€œVisions of Azerothā€ questline.

A lot of the way they have worded things has been confusing. Like people still thinking the 4 Favorites was the whole Warband.