Regarding slavery practices on the Horde

Ok, I’m convinced you’re using the word “null” wrong. Like, did you mean to say “norm” but kept getting auto-corrected, because the word “null” describes lack of value or point of signal reception. Both of which don’t make a lick of sense in the context of our discussion. Either that or you made up an additional definition for it.

That’s not the way it was practiced in the American South. Born of slave parents meant that you were property of the people who owned your parents. It also could and did mean that you could be sold away from them at the owner’s discretion.

I think he was trying to (sarcastically) make that point.

3 Likes

Unless things have radically changed in Black Rock mountain, the Dark irons are still a slave-based society.

If MoP is our guide the Horde will hardly be praised. Look, MoP ended with the Horde being show be weak to a point when an Alliance could openly be hostile to Vol’jin and get him to be us to give him supplies to kill Horde. As I said I dont expect any major changes but just enough of an experience to one up the Horde would be quite fine with me.

Source that they still are?

Considering I was the Khadgar and the Kirin Tor’s darling the very next patch and they were aligned with the Alliance at the time with the horde still exiled from the city, they seemed to start getting over it pretty quickly. You might have gotten Vol’jin to beg but I have had your leaders go all sycophantic fangirl/boy over my character almost constantly any time I wasn’t actually fighting the Alliance, and my character is definitely a serious offender on the Horde warcrimes list.

There are not four hordes. It is the same horde under different leadership. America doesn’t become a new country when they get a new president.

1 Like

you realize the alliance has never won a war with the horde until AFTER some type of civil war or internal conflict happens with the horde right? In the second war the Alliance was on it’s last leg and doom hammer was about to seize capital city with would have left the failing alliance broken, but gul’dan betrayed doom hammer at the last second and the horde had to divert from the siege to handle him.

The same goes for Pandaria despite all your huff and puff about how “VoLjIn Begged for help” without him the alliance would have been destroyed. Garrosh Hellscream was a better general than Varian has ever been and that’s why the horde had the alliance dead to rights by the middle of mists. Stormwind shouldn’t have statues of Alleria, Khadgar, and Tulrayion it should have statues of it’s real heroes that won them the war Gul’dan, Garrosh, and Vol’jin lol.

That wasn’t the issue. The issue was that without those reinforcements from Quel’thalas, he couldn’t win. As Gul’dan also took the Twilight’s Hammer and Stormreaver clans with him.

A good general knows not to so utterly alienate their allies and populace that they turn on him in rebellion. And even with a second chance, Garrosh failed to win on Draenor.

2 Likes

You understand the only reason the Alliance can’t win without some kind of Horde rebellion is because if we just straight up trounced you, which we can logically do, then Horde players would screech forever more about Alliance bias.

On wait they do that anyway.

3 Likes

Seems like everytime the Horde gets a new Warchief we get a new horde.

Horde under Blackhand? Demonic Horde.
Horde under Doomhammer? The Horde.
Horde under Thrall? The New Horde.
Horde under Garrosh? The True Horde.
Horde under AU Grom Hellscream? The Iron Horde.

Vol’jin simply didn’t live long enough to rename his Horde, and we’ll see if Sylvanas even bothers. I don’t think she’s vain enough to rename the Horde just because she’s in charge of it.

Anyways, the above aside, the Warchief is the Horde, so a new Warchief does drastically change the Horde each time, and we’ve seen this in-game. We’ve also seen the successor-Horde often weasel out of repercussions for it’s actions by placing the blame on the former Warchief and their Horde.

1 Like

I can say the same about the horde can’t win.

And the Blood elves still enslave Leper-Gnomes.

The Alliance was hardly on its last leg. Most of Lordearon’s army was with Turelyon and Lothar. If the Horde had destroyed Capital city it would have been a tragedy, but hardly the end of the war considering 4/7 of the human kingdoms still stood. Also, they only got that far because Alterac betrayed The Alliance.

Hardly a better general, the fact is Garrosh was denied his prize, Ashenvale. I would also point out the Alliance was not fighting at full strength. If all it wanted was to wipe out Garrosh it could have just gotten Jaina to tidal wave Ogrimmar once and for all.

they would have passed by then just like the others

the horde lost what, almost 2/3 of their army, and the Aman

He was better, we just need to compare the achievements, ashenvale need worgens and Goldrin varian to stop him, also, he didn’t even had full support of the horde.

And killed Varian and the alliance navy, and they would lose the war because Garrosh would survive and the horde would be totally united

Sorry, I’m a statistics major, currently going for my masters. The Null Hypothesis describes the constant in an argument. It’s usually the initial observation. Every argument in statistics is formatted with a Null Hypothesis standing up against an alternate hypothesis. For Example:

Suppose we wanted to determine whether a coin was fair and balanced. A null hypothesis might be that half the flips would result in Heads and half, in Tails. The alternative hypothesis might be that the number of Heads and Tails would be very different.

If X = the Value of flips resulting in heads, and Y = the total Value of flips, then we would formulate the statistical model like this.

Null: X = 0.5Y
Alternate: X <> 0.5Y

Suppose we flipped the coin 50 times, resulting in 40 Heads and 10 Tails. Given this result, we would be inclined to reject the null hypothesis. That is, we would conclude that the coin was probably not fair and balanced.

Given this, Slavery within the Horde is the Null Hypothesis. It is the conclusion we would of been forced to draw back in Cata. You propose an Alternate Hypothesis that Slavery has been discontinued since that time, which requires evidence before we can reject the Null. That is how every argument is structured.

Edit: It is called the Null because these statistical models are often used to measure relationships. Typically in business, like if you were testing a new advertisement. The Null would be a control variable, and if the Alternate Hypothesis did not reveal any significant change, then we could conclude the new advertisement was not effective. Accepting the Null as the Alternate had a “Lack of value or point of signal reception”. Does that make sense?

1 Like

The point is THEY COULD NOT pass the Alterac mountains without having the entire Alliance army intercept the again and cause the to suffer immesurable losses.

If you are talking about Wolfheart, the night elves were fighting him with their army and A DELEGATION of various Alliance races. It wasnt even a proper army reinforcing Garrosh. Also in that battle Garrosh had forces from Taurens to Forsaken and even goblins! The Horde was more or less united with him.

I was actually talking about using the tidal wave during the war proper, you know when the Kirin Tor official joined the Alliance.

But lets assume Jaina did unleash the tidal wave. Garrosh is not immortal and would drown like anyone else. Assuming he didnt the entire city of Ogrimmar would have, which at the time also had the vast majority of the Horde army camping it to celebrate. Sure it would wipe out the Alliance fleet but it would cripple the Horde army. Worse, their center of production would be wiped out.

I assume you mean a source that confirms the Dark Irons are still a slave-based society? I don’t have one, which is why my sentence began with the words “Unless things have changed…”

However, the only evidence we have in game is that until very recently they were a slave-based culture, and there is no evidence that that has changed. I would say the burden of proof is on anyone asserting that the Dark Irons have radically changed to abandon this practice.

Why is no one talking about the biggest slaver in all of Azeroth?

Jaina Proudmoore enslaved so many victims that AZEROTH THE PLANET begged people to stop her slavery.

After the fall of Theramore, Jaina Proudmoore used the Focusing Iris to enslave thousands of water elementals. She bound them into a huge wave with the intent of destroying Orgrimmar. The elements cried out to Thrall in a vision, pleading for his help.